Cancer cannot be treated by making your body 'alkaline'

evoguy313

In large part because your body MAINTAINS a relatively stable pH no matter what you eat or drink. It is part of homeostasis.
The claims floating about claiming otherwise are the claims of charlatans and people that did NOT "do their own research."
Case in point:

"The alkaline diet is based on the theory that eating certain foods can change the body’s acid levels, also called the pH levels. Some believe that changing the body’s pH levels can improve your health and help you lose weight or even prevent cancer.​
But there’s no way the foods you eat can alter the pH level of your blood. The body’s pH is a very tightly regulated system. If you change your diet, you may see changes in the pH of your saliva or urine because these are waste products, but there’s no way you could ever eat enough that it really impacts your blood."​

Then there is:

"The author of the popular pH Miracle book series will spend the next five months in jail, after admitting that he illegally treated patients at his luxury Valley Center ranch without any medical or scientific training."​

I'm sure this is all BIG PHARMA in action... :rolleyes:
No - it is just how people that suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect 'think.'

SteveB

In large part because your body MAINTAINS a relatively stable pH no matter what you eat or drink. It is part of homeostasis.
The claims floating about claiming otherwise are the claims of charlatans and people that did NOT "do their own research."
Case in point:

"The alkaline diet is based on the theory that eating certain foods can change the body’s acid levels, also called the pH levels. Some believe that changing the body’s pH levels can improve your health and help you lose weight or even prevent cancer.​
But there’s no way the foods you eat can alter the pH level of your blood. The body’s pH is a very tightly regulated system. If you change your diet, you may see changes in the pH of your saliva or urine because these are waste products, but there’s no way you could ever eat enough that it really impacts your blood."​

Then there is:

"The author of the popular pH Miracle book series will spend the next five months in jail, after admitting that he illegally treated patients at his luxury Valley Center ranch without any medical or scientific training."​

I'm sure this is all BIG PHARMA in action... :rolleyes:
No - it is just how people that suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect 'think.'
As a stage four metastatic melanoma cancer survivor, I've never heard about this idea before.

Granted, I finished having recurrences in early 2004 before people started getting really stupid.

evoguy313

As a stage four metastatic melanoma cancer survivor, I've never heard about this idea before.

Granted, I finished having recurrences in early 2004 before people started getting really stupid.
Glad you beat it! Things got really crazy re: cancer treatments (and medical stuff in general) thanks to social media 'experts' and people too gullible to do any sort of reading as to whether the too=easy=to=be=true claims are actually true.

SteveB

Glad you beat it! Things got really crazy re: cancer treatments (and medical stuff in general) thanks to social media 'experts' and people too gullible to do any sort of reading as to whether the too=easy=to=be=true claims are actually true.
Indeed!
There were some pretty wacky ideas then, but they usually entailed just eating really healthy.

For some people, that's good enough. For others, there were no solutions.

Whateverman

There's a person here who argues that cancer cells are useful, in that they help protect you against oxygen deprivation. Simply give yourself more oxygen, and the cancer goes away...

evoguy313

There's a person here who argues that cancer cells are useful, in that they help protect you against oxygen deprivation. Simply give yourself more oxygen, and the cancer goes away...

Let me guess - its the guy that thinks being immune creates an impenetrable barrier around you?