Cannot defend the Trinity

AMOSFIVE

Ive recently been put in the position of defending the Holy Trinity with somebody who was a KJO individual. Frankly, I couldn’t defend it using the KJV of the Bible. Is this one of the doctrinal differences that arise when different versions of the Bible are used? Or is there no scriptural evidence of the Trinity? Help please.

Bob Carabbio

"Trinity" is nothing but another "Religious Buzz word" with a "Theology attached to it".

Jesus, on the other hand, specifically mentioned the FATHER, the SON, and the Holy Spirit.

SO as Far as I'm concerned, IGNORING the "Theology", God is ONE - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Simple as that. No "Theology about a "Trinity" required.

SovereignGrace

Ive recently been put in the position of defending the Holy Trinity with somebody who was a KJO individual. Frankly, I couldn’t defend it using the KJV of the Bible. Is this one of the doctrinal differences that arise when different versions of the Bible are used? Or is there no scriptural evidence of the Trinity? Help please.
Matthew 3 and Jesus’ baptism easily supports the Trinity. As I heard someone say, if oneness is true, Jesus is a really good ventriloquist.

Then there’s the High Priestly prayer in John 17. Jesus was not praying to Himself but His Father. Also, if Jesus only, AKA oneness, is true, then He had forsaken Himself.

I don’t use the KJV very much, but it can be easily used to support the Trinity.