CARM Christian Needs your Help!

Hark

The Bible contradicts itself.
Many, many times.
Not really.

By His help, I'd explained how your reference aligns with what I am sharing but you cannot explain away my references because it opposes how you are applying 1 John 2:19 to mean. As it stands right now anyway, with you saying Bible has contradictions to avoid explaining it away.

Scripture cannot go against the truths in other scripture. So rightly dividing the word of truth is required and a necessity to ask the Lord for wisdom in explaining the what appears to be contradictions to us to see the truth in His words in how scripture can align with other scripture.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Ask Jesus Christ at that throne of grace for help today, and He will.

stiggy wiggy

According to you, not only is God smart enough and powerful enough to create babies from scratch, but He's also smart enough and powerful enough to create and support an entire universe!

Correct. Meanwhile you're neither smart nor powerful enough to create the life of a mole, nor to sustain a molehill for it to live in.

And yet somehow He's not smart enough to figure out how to save babies from a fallen world without first drowning them

Prove it,

stiggy wiggy

Either God NEEDED to drown babies in order to save and resurrect them
or
God NEEDLESSLY chose to save and resurrect babies by means of drowning them

Which is it, stiggy?

You left out a third possibility:

He needlessly needed to chooselesssly choose to savelessly save them by drownlessly resurrecting them.

treeplanter

You left out a third possibility:

He needlessly needed to chooselesssly choose to savelessly save them by drownlessly resurrecting them.
or

Which is it, stiggy?

stiggy wiggy

or

Which is it, stiggy?

Neither.

treeplanter

Neither.

WRONG!

or

NOW WHICH IS IT?

stiggy wiggy

or

Which is it, stiggy?

A need is a necessity. A necessity implies answerability to something or someone. God answers to no one.

Your question is as dumb as:

Does a rock falling from a mountain need to fall or does it fall needlessly?

The answer: Neither.

stiggy wiggy

WRONG!

or

NOW WHICH IS IT?

All caps! You're getting angry.

A need is a necessity. A necessity implies answerability to something or someone. God answers to no one.

treeplanter

All caps! You're getting angry.
Getting angry?
No, getting impatient!

Getting sick and tired of your continual avoidance...

If God answers to no one then you have provided the answer - God NEEDLESSLY drowned babies in the course of saving and resurrecting them!!

And, as you'll recall, to consciously and purposefully inflict harm upon others is IMMORAL!!!

stiggy wiggy

Getting sick and tired of your continual avoidance...

Avoidance? I answered your stupid questions twice. See posts 129 and 130. Are you blind?

If God answers to no one then you have provided the answer -

Amazing. I avoided the question, yet provided the answer. To quote your mantra: Which is it?

The nauseating, repetitive debate between Treeplanter and Treeplanter continues.

Electric Skeptic

Avoidance? I answered your stupid questions twice. See posts 129 and 130. Are you blind?

Amazing. I avoided the question, yet provided the answer. To quote your mantra: Which is it?

The nauseating, repetitive debate between Treeplanter and Treeplanter continues.
No, the nauseating, repetetive debate between Treeplanter and stiggy wiggy continues because stiggy wiggy won't man up and answer Treeplanter's questions...because he knows his beliefs would be exposed if he did.

stiggy wiggy

No, the nauseating, repetetive debate between Treeplanter and stiggy wiggy continues because stiggy wiggy won't man up and answer Treeplanter's questions...because he knows his beliefs would be exposed if he did.

And yet, as we with eyes can see above, I answered it twice. What's wrong with you?

Oh, and please do EXPOSE my beliefs. Meanwhile, for your reading pleasure:

treeplanter

The question that I have posed:

or

WHICH IS IT?

Your response:

"A need is a necessity. A necessity implies answerability to something or someone. God answers to no one."

So your answer is that God NEEDLESSLY chose to save and resurrect babies by means of drowning them?
Is this correct, stiggy?

treeplanter

Was "Neither."

Check this out:

"Neither" is NOT an answer, stiggy!

If God drowned babies in the Great Flood in order to 'save them from a fallen world and resurrect them to a better one'
{which is your assertion of the last several years}
then He either did so NEEDFULLY or NEEDLESSLY

Which is it?

Did God save and resurrect babies by means of drowning them because He had to or because He wanted to?

Was it NEEDED
or
was it NEEDLESS???

Answer the question, stiggy!

treeplanter

And yet it is. Example:

Question: Is my blue Buick red or green?

Answer: Neither
Neither is NOT an answer!

There are two possibilities
{and ONLY two possibilities}

God saved and resurrected babies by means of drowning them because He was otherwise incapable of saving and resurrecting them
{i.e. it was NEEDED}

OR

God consciously, purposefully, and unnecessarily chose to save and resurrect babies by the harmful means of drowning them when He could just as easily have done so by non-harmful means
{i.e. it was NEEDLESS}

Which is it, stiggy???

Was it NEEDED or was it NEEDLESS???

stiggy wiggy

Neither is NOT an answer!

There are two possibilities
{and ONLY two possibilities}

God saved and resurrected babies by means of drowning them because He was otherwise incapable of saving and resurrecting them
{i.e. it was NEEDED}

OR

God consciously, purposefully, and unnecessarily chose to save and resurrect babies by the harmful means of drowning them when He could just as easily have done so by non-harmful means
{i.e. it was NEEDLESS}

Which is it, stiggy???

Was it NEEDED or was it NEEDLESS???