CARM: How to be born again

That's not a direct quote. Try again
Direct quote of what?

all these refute you

you deny there is a decision to be made before regeneration

all these show there is

Verse 12 refutes you

John 1:10 (KJV 1900) — 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Galatians refutes you

Galatians 3:24 (KJV 1900) — 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

1cor refutes you

1 Corinthians 4:15 (KJV 1900) — 15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

James refutes you
James 1:18 (KJV 1900) — 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Peter refutes you

1 Peter 1:23–25 (KJV 1900) — 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Holy Spirit regenerates a person under the impact of the gospel message. Peter claimed that believers have been born again “through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Pet 1:23 NIV), which is “the word that was preached to you” (1 Pet 1:25 NIV). James stated that God “chose to give us birth through the word of truth” (Jas 1:18 NIV). God speaks through the gospel to summon people to Himself and enables them to respond in faith, thus forming the context in which regeneration occurs (Dunn, Baptism, 37–38).1

1 Kirk R. MacGregor, “Regeneration,” The Lexham Bible Dictionary (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).

<sigh>
Bearing false witness is a sin.
Can you try to be a grown-up any time soon?
Fact

you ran

from your own words contradicting you

denying remission preceeds being made alive after you affirmed it

fltom said:

Having forgiven us (χαρισαμενος ἡμιν [charisamenos hēmin]). First aorist middle participle of χαριζομαι [charizomai], common verb from χαρις [charis] (favour, grace). Dative of the person common as in 3:13. The act of forgiving is simultaneous with the quickening, though logically antecedent

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Col 2:13.

Theo stated

Correct. God's act of forgiving precedes the quickening.

(Theo statement contradicting a denial remission of sin precedes being made alive - my note)

Theo continued
But faith does NOT precede the quickening.

and from scripture which refutes you remission without faith argument

forgiveness of sin is in Christ unbelievers are not in christ so they do not have remission of sin

so why are you bearing false witness?

Fact

you ran

from your own words contradicting you

denying remission preceeds being made alive after you affirmed it

fltom said:

Having forgiven us (χαρισαμενος ἡμιν [charisamenos hēmin]). First aorist middle participle of χαριζομαι [charizomai], common verb from χαρις [charis] (favour, grace). Dative of the person common as in 3:13. The act of forgiving is simultaneous with the quickening, though logically antecedent

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Col 2:13.

Theo stated

(Theo statement contradicting a denial remission of sin precedes being made alive - my note)

Theo continued

forgiveness of sin is in Christ unbelievers are not in christ so they do not have remission of sin

so why are you bearing false witness?

All you do is repeat your same old garbage and false accusations over and over again.
How can you possibly get any satisfaction in life after misrepresenting me over and over and calling me names?

I'm here to speak for myself.
I don't need you to constantly misrepresent me.
All you're doing is destroying your own credibility.

All you do is repeat your same old garbage and false accusations over and over again.
How can you possibly get any satisfaction in life after misrepresenting me over and over and calling me names?

I'm here to speak for myself.
I don't need you to constantly misrepresent me.
All you're doing is destroying your own credibility.
your own words were used against you

you have a habit of denying things you have stated previously

fltom said:

Theo stated

Theo continued

PS i did not call you any names

why are you making this false claim

your own words were used against you

fltom said:

Theo stated

Theo continued

PS i did not call you any names

why are you making this false claim

And you continue to destroy your own credbility by continuing to misrepresent me and make false acccusations against me.

And you continue to destroy your own credbility by continuing to misrepresent me and make false acccusations against me.
Sorry but those were your own words

you were given the link

you were given the words of the post

you cannot deny what you stated

So he posted in a thread, posting the thread itself. Endless loop: See, "loop, endless". Loop, Endless: "See, "Endless loop". This is very accurate for a description of his posting style. You nor he will deal with it
forums.carm.org

fltom said:

Theo stated

Theo continued

funny how a guy who keeps denying his own words can speak about credibility

Sorry but those were your own words

you were given the link

you were given the words of the post

you cannot deny what you stated

So he posted in a thread, posting the thread itself. Endless loop: See, "loop, endless". Loop, Endless: "See, "Endless loop". This is very accurate for a description of his posting style. You nor he will deal with it
forums.carm.org

fltom said:

Theo stated

Theo continued

funny how a guy who keeps denying his own words can speak about credibility

And you continue to destroy your own credibility, and show everyone your lack of charity or love for the truth.
Keep up the good work!

And you continue to destroy your own credibility, and show everyone your lack of charity or love for the truth.
Keep up the good work!
lol

says the man who denies his very own words

lol

says the man who denies his very own words

Keep up the good work!

I can do this all day long, Tom.
I don't know what purpose it will serve, but I can do this just as long as you do.

Keep up the good work!

I can do this all day long, Tom.
I don't know what purpose it will serve, but I can do this just as long as you do.
go for it

i will post your words

Back