Catholic Relief Services funds abortion

jonathan_hili

I'd say that if it's true, Catholic Relief Services need to be more careful about which organisations they are dolling out money to.

balshan

Catholic Relief Services funds and supports abortion.

Shameful.

What say you Catholics?
No surprise really. The thing that I noticed when a child growing up RC was the hypocritical practices of those so called pious RCs. I mean they claim one thing and practice another. The number of RC women who get abortions are the same as other women.

24 percent of women who procure abortions identify as Catholic, almost the same as 22 percent of all U.S

It is the same as the financial scandals that I pointed to in Other Roman Catholicism. They say they have the high moral ground the evidence shows talk is cheap and means nothing.

Last edited:

jonathan_hili

That is not very Catholic of them...
Agreed. Part of the problem might lay in the fact that it's so difficult to avoid organisations that support abortion. I mean, if you use any Microsoft products, you're paying from a product that goes to an organisation that supports abortion. However, they need to be more careful that funding is tagged for particular projects that are certain not to include abortion, contraception, etc.

Sherman

I have friends that are Catholic and tend to support Catholic causes because they tend to be prolife and pro-family.

Beloved Daughter

Agreed. Part of the problem might lay in the fact that it's so difficult to avoid organisations that support abortion. I mean, if you use any Microsoft products, you're paying from a product that goes to an organisation that supports abortion. However, they need to be more careful that funding is tagged for particular projects that are certain not to include abortion, contraception, etc.

jonathan, this has been going on for years. There is one sure way not to mix money with the murder of babies. Stop giving them money. Especially money that is meant for true charity, hunger, homelessness....

If the LePanto institute can find this trail of evidence, why can't the one TRUE Church as you call it.

Lest we forget, Peter's Pence is meant for charity as well, but it was used to buy very pricey real estate in London.

Microsoft?? Bill Gates is heretic traitor.

jonathan_hili

I have friends that are Catholic and tend to support Catholic causes because they tend to be prolife and pro-family.
And they are as a rule but maybe some slip through the cracks. I used to support MSF and AI before they caved into abortion too - AI far more so than MSF, which is still a bit iffy on it.

jonathan_hili

jonathan, this has been going on for years. There is one sure way not to mix money with the murder of babies. Stop giving them money. Especially money that is meant for true charity, hunger, homelessness....

I'm sorry BD but you're quoting a news service that is decided anti-Catholic, or rather "holier-than-thou" Catholic. I certainly have some respect for Michael Voris but his media platform just bashes the Church constantly because of what they perceive to be "less than ideal" Christianity. In fact, Church Militant is just as Protestant in spirit as CARM.

Sherman

I tend to distrust news sources that say the *insert name* church is bad in reference to a mainline branch of Christianity. They are going to be slanted in their writing. I don't trust Voris right off the bat because he immediately start slamming away.

Beloved Daughter

I'm sorry BD but you're quoting a news service that is decided anti-Catholic, or rather "holier-than-thou" Catholic. I certainly have some respect for Michael Voris but his media platform just bashes the Church constantly because of what they perceive to be "less than ideal" Christianity. In fact, Church Militant is just as Protestant in spirit as CARM.

Many Catholics don't like Michael Voris. That's fine with me. But if not for Michael supporting the Catholic church against greed, homosexuality, and downright lies and cover-up, your True Church would be completely reprobate. I respect him for his truth telling as it pertains to his talking points.

If you had been watching Voris, you'd know that he regularly goes after protestants and his own church in almost equal measure. He went after laicized McCarrick and I'm grateful he did.

I haven't seen the Catholic hierarchy address the issues of "Dignity Masses" There is no 'dignity' in homosexuals who defy the teachings of the Bible. Then there is the issue of abortion.

Which is it, jonathan? How do you reconcile your church doing one thing and saying another about abortion?

balshan

I tend to distrust news sources that say the *insert name* church is bad in reference to a mainline branch of Christianity. They are going to be slanted in their writing. I don't trust Voris right off the bat because he immediately start slamming away.
I tend to distrust organisation that says it is the one true church.

mica

No surprise really. The thing that I noticed when a child growing up RC was the hypocritical practices of those so called pious RCs. I mean they claim one thing and practice another. The number of RC women who get abortions are the same as other women.

24 percent of women who procure abortions identify as Catholic, almost the same as 22 percent of all U.S

It is the same as the financial scandals that I pointed to in Other Roman Catholicism. They say they have the high moral ground the evidence shows talk is cheap and means nothing.
yes, just ask Pelosi and Biden who both support abortion! as do other catholics in our congress.

RayneBeau

If the LePanto institute can find this trail of evidence, why can't the one TRUE Church as you call it.

Lest we forget, Peter's Pence is meant for charity as well, but it was used to buy very pricey real estate in London.

Microsoft?? Bill Gates is heretic traitor.
Speaking of "Peter's Pence" being used to buy pricey real estate in London, I know for a fact also that it was also used to pay for first-class accommodations on airline flights for their bishops, cardinals, arch-bishops, and other 'specially chosen' clerics in the RCC, on all of their round-trip flights to the Vatican.

RayneBeau

I'd say that if it's true, Catholic Relief Services need to be more careful about which organisations they are dolling out money to.
I think that each Roman Catholic parishioner needs to look right in to his own parish and especially scrutinize the parish pastor and the other priests (be there any left) in the parish. It's a well known fact that Roman Catholic priests and hierarchy have a well-earned reputation for high living. Since RCC bishops have the right to spend the money they receie from parishes at their own discretion, the majority of them opt to live large in palatial splendor. Take for instance Cardinal Timothy Dolan who lives in a 15.000 sq.ft. mansion on Madison Ave in N.Y City that has been appraised in excess of $30 million and that was 3 years ago - imagine what it is worth today!

And, Cardinal Francis George lives in a ritzy palace in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, with an unobstructed view of Lincoln Park. His residence has been modestly appraised at $14.3 million.

Archbishop Thomas Wenski of Miami lives in a 6-dedroom, 6-bath house that overlooks Biscayne Bay. His residence, priced at $1.38 million, contains a tiki hut with a wet bar and a swimming pool in his backyard.

Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles resides in a new rectory that was built for $7 million.
Archbishop Samuel Aquila lives in a 13,500 sq.ft. home in Denver constructed with diocesan funds for $6.5 million.
Archbishop James Sartain of Seattle dwells in a 3-story Victorian home worth $3.84 million.
Archbishop Leonard Blain lives in a 9,000 sq.ft. palace in Hartford, CN. with a cut-rate appraisal of $1.85 million.

For what reason does a RCC bishop have to live like a prince or medieval monarch, even if he inherited the place from his predecessor. They should convert their mansions into places for the homeless to live or homes for the elderly that need care or hospitals for the sick and dying, and they themselves should move into their own parish rectories.

mica

I think that each Roman Catholic parishioner needs to look right in to his own parish and especially scrutinize the parish pastor and the other priests (be there any left) in the parish. It's a well known fact that Roman Catholic priests and hierarchy have a well-earned reputation for high living. Since RCC bishops have the right to spend the money they receie from parishes at their own discretion, the majority of them opt to live large in palatial splendor. Take for instance Cardinal Timothy Dolan who lives in a 15.000 sq.ft. mansion on Madison Ave in N.Y City that has been appraised in excess of $30 million and that was 3 years ago - imagine what it is worth today!

And, Cardinal Francis George lives in a ritzy palace in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, with an unobstructed view of Lincoln Park. His residence has been modestly appraised at $14.3 million.

Archbishop Thomas Wenski of Miami lives in a 6-dedroom, 6-bath house that overlooks Biscayne Bay. His residence, priced at $1.38 million, contains a tiki hut with a wet bar and a swimming pool in his backyard.

Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles resides in a new rectory that was built for $7 million.
Archbishop Samuel Aquila lives in a 13,500 sq.ft. home in Denver constructed with diocesan funds for $6.5 million.
Archbishop James Sartain of Seattle dwells in a 3-story Victorian home worth $3.84 million.
Archbishop Leonard Blain lives in a 9,000 sq.ft. palace in Hartford, CN. with a cut-rate appraisal of $1.85 million.

For what reason does a RCC bishop have to live like a prince or medieval monarch, even if he inherited the place from his predecessor. They should convert their mansions into places for the homeless to live or homes for the elderly that need care or hospitals for the sick and dying, and they themselves should move into their own parish rectories.
that is so ridiculous! I guess they gave up the vow of poverty...

Beloved Daughter

So many hurting people that could be helped if the RCC wasn't stealing (from their own parishoners) money for real estate and funding abortion.

Where is their mercy, their humanity and compassion?

They are looking for meaning in all the wrong places. There is only ONE wonderful, merciful savior.

jonathan_hili

Many Catholics don't like Michael Voris. That's fine with me. But if not for Michael supporting the Catholic church against greed, homosexuality, and downright lies and cover-up, your True Church would be completely reprobate. I respect him for his truth telling as it pertains to his talking points.

If you had been watching Voris, you'd know that he regularly goes after protestants and his own church in almost equal measure. He went after laicized McCarrick and I'm grateful he did.

I haven't seen the Catholic hierarchy address the issues of "Dignity Masses" There is no 'dignity' in homosexuals who defy the teachings of the Bible. Then there is the issue of abortion.

Which is it, jonathan? How do you reconcile your church doing one thing and saying another about abortion?
I don't really want to get on a discussion about Michael Voris. He has his good points but he also tends to assume the worst in people and can have a "holier-than-thou" attitude, which is not becoming a Christian.

As I said above, BD, if Catholic Relief Services are helping to indirectly fund abortions, they need to reassess where their money goes. It's not like the Catholic Church wants to fund abortions, so they should be more discriminating.

jonathan_hili

*Yawn*

You realise, though, that these homes are Church property and not the individual's property? It reminds me of that story where Judas chastises the woman for pouring ointment on Christ.