Catholics do not believe Jesus is their Savior

ding

Only those who are saved have Jesus as their Savior.
Only those who believe they are saved can say they believe Jesus is their Savior.
Can you quote scripture for us that says only those who are saved have Jesus as their savior.

RayneBeau

Only those who believe they are saved can say they believe Jesus is their Savior.
Absolutely true! "Only those who are saved have Jesus as their Savior." And, "only those who believe they are saved can say they believe Jesus is their Savior."
On the other hand Roman Catholicism firmly and infallibly teaches and maintains that the Roman Catholic Church is one, holy, catholic, and apostolic. The Roman Catholic Church teaches and believes in it's church firmly, and confesses "that outside of their church there is neither salvation nor the remission of sins."
The Roman Catholic Church teaches that mans salvation is only through the means their church provides, and their proclamation never once mentions salvation through Jesus Christ.

RayneBeau

Can you quote scripture for us that says only those who are saved have Jesus as their savior.
"And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins." Acts 10: 42-43

RayneBeau

The Roman Catholic Church's teachings on their Mass, their Priesthood, their 'sacraments of Confession and Penance, their Eucharist, and their Baptism all combine to form the Roman Catholic Church's system of salvation.

RayneBeau

Read the posts in this thread as other Christians have quoted scripture that you have requested. Why does your 'church' not quote the Word of God regarding salvation through Jesus Christ, but rather your 'church' claims that if men and women will be baptised in the Roman Catholic Church and adhere to its teachings in all areas, it can lead them in the path of salvation.

RayneBeau

Acts 4:12
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.""

that was easy
AMEN! There is such a huge contrast between the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church and the teaching of God's Word in the Sacred Scriptures. That alone is enough to disqualify the Roman Catholic Church from being a truly Christian church able to direct men in the path of salvation. Heads up to Roman Catholics, for Isaiah said: "To the law and to the testimony; if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

RayneBeau

"Unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

and

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. NO ONE comes to the Father except by Me."
Rome's teachings consistently contradicts the teaching of the Word of God on the true way of salvation, in fact we can conclusively say that the Roman Catholic Church does in fact teach a false gospel and a false way of salvation, which can be clearly seen from reading Paul's teaching in his letter to the Galatians.

balshan

Eph 2:8

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

1 Tim 1:15

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Titus 2:13

looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Matt 1:23

She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

And there is
salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Yep nowhere does it say that Mary saves.

RayneBeau

Yes indeed, ding has been provided with Scripture just as he had requested, and I wonder how much of it he has read, or even if he has opened the book of Galatians in which Paul has some very strong language. It's a letter of warning and of judgment. Its main theme is the gospel of Jesus Christ; it's main intent is to defend that gospel from the perversions of false teachers. Even back then in that 1st century, certain men had already come into the life of the Galatian church had begun to to teach errors about the way of salvation, and to spread a false gospel, just as the RCC has done. Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and with intense emotion and indignation, Paul wrote a letter in which he defended the true gospel, exposed the error of the false teachers, and uttered a divine curse against anyone who distorts the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

RayneBeau

thx for telling us how little of scripture the RCC does teaches, even this basic truth that all believers know.
Not only has ding expressly let us how little of Scripture the RCC teaches, he has also revealed that the gospel which the false teachers Paul writes about in Galatians are essentially identical with the Roman Catholic Church's teaching on salvation. Paul is so deeply concerned about these false teachers and their false teachings that he wrote to the Galatian church defining his concern very clearly.

RayneBeau

Eph 2:8

1 Tim 1:15

Titus 2:13

looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Matt 1:23

She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Yep nowhere does it say that Mary saves.
Look at all the strong Scripture verses you and others have provided for ding. I wonder if ding and the vast majority of other Roman Catholics even begin to realize the severity of what God is saying in His Holy Scriptures regarding false teachers and false teaching, whom He says come under a divine curse. Roman Catholics are absolutely clueless that the issues at stake in the purity of the gospel has to do with the glory of God and the eternal destinies of men and women. Roman Catholics please open your eyes and your mind to the serious fact that if the gospel is in any way distorted or perverted it results in men and women being eternally damned and it robs God of His glory.

RickyJ

Atemi I believe that myself and all my family are saved.
Our God is the God of Mercy, we thus believe we are sanctified and saved, just like you do.

mica

Our God is the God of Mercy, we thus believe we are sanctified and saved, just like you do.
water baptism doesn't save.

no, not just like Atemi does.

boldirish

“All children of the Church should nevertheless remember that their exalted condition results, not from their own merits, but from the grace of Christ. If they fail to respond in thought, word and deed to that grace, not only shall they not be saved, but they shall be the more severely judged” (Vatican II, Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, chap. 2, 14, p. 337).

“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation. ... The fruit of the sacramental life is that the Spirit of adoption makes the faithful partakers in the divine nature by uniting them in a living union with the only Son, the Saviour” (New Catholic Catechism, 1129).

“If anyone says that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in divine mercy, which remits sins for Christ's sake, or that it is this confidence alone that justifies us, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA” (Sixth Session, Canons Concerning Justification, Canon 12).

“If anyone says that the justice received is not preserved and also not increased before God through good works, but that those works are merely the fruits and signs of justification obtained, but not the cause of its increase, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA” (Sixth Session, Canons Concerning Justification, Canon 24).

The Baltimore Catechism: 1183 Presumption is a rash expectation of salvation without making proper use of the necessary means to obtain it.

Catholic Encyclopedia: ...the condition of a soul that, because of a badly regulated reliance on God’s mercy and power, hopes for salvation without doing anything to deserve it...