Caught Up in Circumstances in Our Carnal Treadmill

SeventhDay

Caught Up in Circumstances in Our Carnal Treadmill

We seek or try to pray to God but how are we doing it? What are our results?

My dear brothers and Sisters our walk is in the Spirit but how are we approaching God? Is it through the Spirit or the carnal mind?

Do we come to God through our circumstances and approach God that way? We do have needs and circumstances can clearly indicate that or determine that. However, God has shown us that our primary need is God and to think, walk and do God's will.

Let us discover a little bit about what God's will is because the righteous shall walk by faith and our faith is to please God and that requires knowing his will.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Now, it is what God works in us that we are able to work out our salvation so ought we to know God's will for us and how he is working that out? Should we not approach God seeking God's will and to understand how God wants us to carry that out.?

Now, when we pray out of need is our circumstances the determining factor. It may well be! However, what circumstances have priority? Is it God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven? We do have to ask God what his will is and what it he wants to work out in us

If we have pressing circumstantial needs should our spiritual needs come first? Is our Spiritual needs that God' will be done in us so we may approach God in a way that pleases him?

When we have physical needs or natural needs let us approach God spiritually with them seeking first the kingdom of God and his righteousness knowing God will help us in approaching him with are natural needs:
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The fact is seeking first the Kingdom of God and to have a right relationship with God allows us to believe God for the things we need, and God will supply us.

Now, what is this carnal treadmill that keeps us caught up in our circumstances? Do not the scriptures state as a man thinketh is his heart so, is he? The carnal mind puts self-first and leans on one's own understanding or imaginations. Is this going to help us approach God when we pray to God or think about God?

Let us put God first when we pray, and we will have effectual prayers and we will let God rule us and not our circumstances.

God, may we have wisdom to apply the things that you teach us.

God bless you.
?

Back