Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

Yes, there is. You might want to think about this a bit because you're wrong, and I've explaned why, repeatedly.

You keep thinking I'm agreeing with you when I'm not. You're ignoring the distinction I make.

Yes it does -- Deity has no origin. It has always been. That is the explanation.
You keep disagreeing with something I've not said. If life has always been, then it has no origin. If you have no origin, you can't explain it.

But I'm not, so it isn't anything I've said that you're disagreeing with.

Because you keep thinking you're disagreeing with me when you're not.

We both agree that YEC has no explanation for the origin of life itself, i.e. the first life.
Read Genesis 1.

God created all things.
God did not create life, because God is Himself alive.
God did not create intelligence, because God is Himself intelligent.
God did not create love, because God is Himself love.

God did not create Himself, so God did not create many things that apply to God.

You need to think more carefully about the short slogans that you post. They are often in error.

And yet, we both know that life on this planet has a beginning; don't we?
If God is alive, as the Bible says, and God is omnipresent, as the Bible says, then life is always present everywhere in the universe, and has been present on earth since the moment earth first formed.

Yes we can. Some of your DNA differs from the DNA of both your parents. Each of us carries between about 50 and 150 mutations not present in either parent. That is the start of evolution.
That isnt evolution to a new species like fish to tetrapods. Already said we can observe within species. Is there any point talking to you people?

They all have an assumption.
Dating as many assumptions. These lead to varying results. There are many clocks that limit the age of the universe and the earth.
DNA limits the age of mankind to thousands of years.
Permafrost means nothing with the worldwide changes.
All geology agrees with the Biblical timeframe.
And analysis of starlight has a number of assumptions. Remember God created the light in transit so when He creates the distant objects their light had already reached the earth.
tree rings do not show what you claim. The oldest living tree are about 4300 years old.
How odd that you reject carbon dating here because it makes assumptions, but accept it in the case of the South American figurenes.

How odd that you reject carbon dating here because it makes assumptions, but accept it in the case of the South American figurenes.
The difference is how long back it is used.
For the figurines, it was just 2500 yrs.
When using it to go beyond say 3500 years ago, the problem is that you are approaching the time of the flood and its aftermath.
The ratio of C-14 to C-12 is 1/30 th of the value it was than in 1960, so ages get stretched out by more than 30,000 years using C-14 dating.

The difference is how long back it is used.
For the figurines, it was just 2500 yrs.
When using it to go beyond say 3500 years ago, the problem is that you are approaching the time of the flood and its aftermath.
The ratio of C-14 to C-12 is 1/30 th of the value it was than in 1960, so ages get stretched out by more than 30,000 years using C-14 dating.

Carbon dating can go back 60,000 years.

That isnt evolution to a new species like fish to tetrapods. Already said we can observe within species. Is there any point talking to you people?
The first published observation of speciation after Darwin was in 1900 by de Vries. You are a very long way behind the science.

If God is alive, as the Bible says, and God is omnipresent, as the Bible says, then life is always present everywhere in the universe, and has been present on earth since the moment earth first formed.
He is obviously using the word, life, in a different sense...created life.

If you know the initial conditions .
We do know, which is why we have adjustments between C-14 dates and calendar dates. Basically we compare different clocks to help correct all the clocks.

Here is some calibration data from tree rings, varves and others, showing that the various dating methods match reasonably closely, and allowing the different methods to correct each other. The data goes back about 50,000 years.

What @rossum said, post #115
But C-14 is not reliable past about 3500 years old. So that is the bad assumption he used.
Remember the flood always remember the flood.
Remember that not remembering the flood is predicted to happen in our times, an exact prediction with exact timing and exact details. See 2 Peter.

But C-14 is not reliable past about 3500 years old. So that is the bad assumption he used.
Remember the flood always remember the flood.
Remember that not remembering the flood is predicted to happen in our times, an exact prediction with exact timing and exact details. See 2 Peter.
I will reply to this later. In the meantime, you have yet to show how handling those figurenes alone will give enough organic material for an accurate C 14 test.

Back