Charles Taze Russell: Con Man Validated

nomrom

Charles Taze Russell: Despite his success as a religious leader, evidence presented in courts when his wife divorced him and in unsuccessful lawsuits he brought against his critics reveals that Russell was nothing more than a clever con-man.

Official court records show that among other things, Russell controlled a holding company that channeled the money of the organization into his personal accounts. All of these are records that anybody can find today from court records, microfilm in New York of The Brooklyn Daily Eagle and government records “In interest of truth The Brooklyn Daily Eagle is quoted on November 1, 1916. This is just a small portion of the quote: “There was much litigation then that was quite undesirable from the “Pastors” point of view regarding alimony for his wife, but was it settled in 1909 by the payment of $6,036 to Mrs. Russell. The litigation revealed that Pastor Russell’s activities in the religious field were carried on through several subsidiary societies and that all of the wealth which flowed into him through these was under the control of a holding company in which Pastor Russell held 990 of the 1,000 shares of stock. He had 100% control. The Jehovah Witness will say he never made any money and this is a lie. This was a for profit company pastor Russell controlled the entire financial power of the Society and was not accountable to anybody.

Pastor Russell’s Watch Tower publication advertised wheat seed for sale at $1.00 a pound. It was styled as “Miracle Wheat” that would grow five times as much as any other brand of wheat. Again, the Brooklyn Daily Eagle was exposing Pastor Russell by publishing a cartoon which Pastor Russell brought a lawsuit. Government Departments tested and investigated and were witnesses in the trial. Prior to entering court, the Daily Eagle printed the following: “The Eagle goes even further and declares that at the trial it will show that pastor Russell’s religious cult is nothing more than a money-making scheme”.

The court’s decision vindicated the Eagle’s statement and proved its reliability. The Eagle also exposed Pastor Russell’s imaginary sermons where he would get his printing plant to work hard in getting out advanced literature in huge bundles and sent out to every place where he intended to appear. Then he contracted for advertising space in many American newspapers to print his imaginary sermons but he never preached there. It would be too numerous to type, but he used his printing company and religious organization as one to basically have guaranteed business and income and all of this can be documented.

Charles Taze Russell was a proven perjurer. In June of 1912, Rev. J.J. Ross of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, published a denunciatory pamphlet about Russell entitled, Some Facts About the Self-styled “pastor” Charles T. Russell. Russell in turn sued Ross for libel. During the trial which took place the following year, Ross’s defense attorney asked Russell if he knew the Greek alphabet. Russell’s reply was “Oh, yes.” When further asked to identify the Greek letters at the top of a page of the Greek Testament handed him, he was unable to do so, finally admitting that he knew nothing of the Greek alphabet. Furthermore, Russell had previously claimed to have been ordained by a recognized religious body. The defense also pressed him on this issue, finally asking point blank: “Now, you never were ordained by a bishop, clergyman, presbytery, council, or any body of men living?” Russell’s answer, after a long pause was, “I never was.” In this trial, therefore, Russell’s deliberate perjury was established beyond a reasonable doubt.

In closing Russell frequently contradicted himself in court, first claiming to know the Greek alphabet then claiming under pressure that he might make mistakes. The transcripts are embarrassing for him because it was obvious he had no clue of Greek. By not knowing this proved him to be a perjurer. If a pastor or prophet under oath would perjurer themselves can you sincerely trust their teachings? He put his hand on the Holy Bible. Counselor Staunton also pressed Russell and he admitted he knew nothing about Latin, Hebrew and that he had never taken a course in philosophy. Also, Russell had claimed ordination and equal if not superior status to ordained and accredited ministers. Counselor Staunton smashed this illusion by demanding that Russell answer “YES” or “NO” to the following questions:

Question: (Ross lawyer) Is it true you were never ordained?

Answer: (Russell) It is not true.

Question: (Counselor Staunton) Now, you never were ordained by a Bishop, clergyman, presbytery, council, or any body of men living?”

Answer: (Russell) after a long pause…” I never was”.

keiw

He clearly exposed the trinity religions as false. As do the teachings of Jesus, which shows he listened to Jesus where as its 100% fact the trinity religions do not. Shows who the real cons are.

keiw

Your post TOTALLY AVOIDS the fact that Russell was exposed as a FRAUD.

No surprise.
Were you there? Or are listening to a one sided story to base your assumption?
Not one claiming to be a scholar who are taught in the schools of men have a clue. Men lead by Gods holy spirit are the real scholars. They do not need the schools of men nor to know languages. Gods knows it all more than every mortal combined.

imJRR

LOL! It's the actual court record; not merely "a story" as you write. There's no "assumption" - Russell was exposed as a FRAUD in a court of law.

And your JW masters have NEVER qualified for the word "scholars". They've even officially admitted in writing that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much they read it.

The quotes where they have done this have been posted before, and all your posts ever did was run away from them.

Their admission makes the Bible irrelevant and meaningless for JWs - because their admission means that JW beliefs don't come from the Bible.

Last edited:

keiw

Were you there? Or are listening to a one sided story to base your assumption?

LOL! It's the actual court record; not merely "a story" as you write. There's no "assumption" - Russell was exposed as a FRAUD in a court of law.

And your JW masters have NEVER qualified for the word "scholars". They've even officially admitted in writing that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much they read it.

The quotes where they have done this have been posted before, and all your posts ever did was run away from them.

Their admission makes the Bible irrelevant and meaningless for JWs - because their admission means that JW beliefs don't come from the Bible.
None can understand the bible without being taught by the teachers who have Jesus backing. Acts 8:26-31-- I already stated-Jesus promised the holy spirit would guide his teachers into all truth-they don't need the schools of men, nor to know languages. Its those who rely on the schools of men that are fakes.

imJRR

keiw, you VERY much need to pay MUCH better attention and you MOST DEFINITELY need to THINK about posts a LOT better than what your posts are showing. I will spell this out line by line so that it's easy to read.

Since your JW masters have admitted that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do, that means that JW beliefs don't come from the Bible.

Since JW beliefs don't come from the Bible, they don't have Christ's backing/support.

Since they don't have Christ's backing/support, they don't have the guidance of His Spirit.

This is not difficult for anyone with even a modicum of reading comprehension ability to easily see. A high school child could easily follow the logical progression here.

keiw

keiw, you VERY much need to pay MUCH better attention and you MOST DEFINITELY need to THINK about posts a LOT better than what your posts are showing. I will spell this out line by line so that it's easy to read.

Since your JW masters have admitted that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do, that means that JW beliefs don't come from the Bible.

Since JW beliefs don't come from the Bible, they don't have Christ's backing/support.

Since they don't have Christ's backing/support, they don't have the guidance of His Spirit.

This is not difficult for anyone with even a modicum of reading comprehension ability to easily see. A high school child could easily follow the logical progression here.
You are going to hate it when you find out you are in error. God hid many truths, used alot of symbolism, Firstly to keep satan and his angels in spiritual darkness, thus men were kept there as well, until these last days. Now truth has become abundant( Dan 12:4)-- No one can understand the reality of much of the bible without being taught by these-Matt 24:45--I know 100% they are my teachers. The teachings of Jesus and Facts of true God worship history prove it.

imJRR

LOL! Your post above is nothing but JW propaganda/blather.
You have nothing in the way of actual refutation to what I posted - Your post doesn't even honestly engage with what I posted.

I've NO doubt that your JW masters are your "teachers".

But they've openly admitted that what they teach doesn't come from the Bible.

Last edited:

Lastdaysbeliever

JW's do not believe in the Trinity, as clearly stated by the JW poster.

He (Russell) clearly exposed the trinity religions as false.

They believe that Jesus Christ is Michael the archangel. And yet, Scripture teaches us:

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God.” (1 John 4:1-4)

They think the Holy Spirit is an “impersonal force” and not actually God and Lord Himself. They believe that Jesus, as Michael the archangel, was God’s first created being. And yet, Scripture teaches us:

Jesus said to them (the pharisees), “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58), they (the pharisees) picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds” (John 8:56-59). The violent response of the Jews to Jesus’ “I AM” statement indicates they clearly understood what He was declaring—that He was the eternal God incarnate. Jesus was equating Himself with the "I AM" title God gave Himself in Exodus 3:14 ("“I am who I am.”).

The words “I AM” are telling us that Jesus “always was” and thus was never created.

keiw

LOL! Your post above is nothing but JW propaganda/blather.
You have nothing in the way of actual refutation to what I posted - Your post doesn't even honestly engage with what I posted.

I've NO doubt that your JW masters are your "teachers".

But they've openly admitted that what they teach doesn't come from the Bible.
Edit per mod They teach us every utterance from God. Where are Gods utterances found=the bible. We are taught the whole bible. Yes the JW,s are my teachers, they belong to Jesus-0 doubt in all creation.

Last edited by a moderator:

imJRR

LOL! Nope - No lying here at all. Here is the QUOTE where your JW masters ADMIT that JW beliefs do not come from the Bible:

“Let us face the fact that no matter how much Bible reading we have done, we would never have learned the truth on our own. We would not have discovered the truth regarding Jehovah, his purposes and attributes, the meaning and importance of his name, the Kingdom, Jesus’ ransom, the difference between God’s organization and Satan’s, nor why God has permitted wickedness,” (Watchtower, Dec. 1, 1990, p. 19).

So, whenever any JW says they get their beliefs from the Bible, you are in open, direct opposition to their own JW masters, because the JW masters have stated in writing that this is NOT possible. They are trying to do something that the JW masters say cannot be done.

Your argument is not with me, keiw - Your masters have admitted what they've admitted.

keiw

LOL! Nope - No lying here at all. Here is the QUOTE where your JW masters ADMIT that JW beliefs do not come from the Bible:

“Let us face the fact that no matter how much Bible reading we have done, we would never have learned the truth on our own. We would not have discovered the truth regarding Jehovah, his purposes and attributes, the meaning and importance of his name, the Kingdom, Jesus’ ransom, the difference between God’s organization and Satan’s, nor why God has permitted wickedness,” (Watchtower, Dec. 1, 1990, p. 19).

So, whenever any JW says they get their beliefs from the Bible, you are in open, direct opposition to their own JW masters, because the JW masters have stated in writing that this is NOT possible. They are trying to do something that the JW masters say cannot be done.

Your argument is not with me, keiw - Your masters have admitted what they've admitted.
If one can read the bible and gain an accurate knowledge, then the holy spirit would not be needed to guide one into all truth. NONE can read the bible and come to an accurate knowledge.
Your twisting things does not make you correct on this matter.
Trinity religionssssssssssss and their mass of confusion proves it correct, that NONE can read the bible and come to an accurate knowledge without the holy spirits guidance through the real teachers that have Jesus. That mass of confusion you serve comes from this source-2 Cor 11:12-15)

imJRR

LOL! I haven't twisted anything, keiw - You post open, blatant falsehood when you say I have.
Nothing new there at all.

And you're also running away from what the quote means by what it says: A person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That admission means that JW beliefs are not biblical - They do not come from the Bible.

And your idea that people cannot read the Bible and gain accurate knowledge is just another open, blatant falsehood.

keiw

LOL! I haven't twisted anything, keiw - You post open, blatant falsehood when you say I have.
Nothing new there at all.

And you're also running away from what the quote means by what it says: A person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That admission means that JW beliefs are not biblical - They do not come from the Bible.

And your idea that people cannot read the Bible and gain accurate knowledge is just another open, blatant falsehood.
Acts 8:31--goes for all.

imJRR

Your post above does nothing but run away from the admission by your JW masters:
A person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That admission means that JW beliefs are not biblical - They do not come from the Bible. They come from a source, other than the Bible.

In terms of the eunuch, all he had to go on was the Old Testament. The New Testament hadn't been written yet. He didn't know that the promised Messiah/Savior had come. That's why he asked who the Isaiah passage referred to. And so, Philip told him about Christ.

We today have the ENTIRE Bible.

BUT your JW masters have stated that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That statement makes any referring to the Bible you do invalid. You're trying to do something that your JW masters have declared CANNOT be done.

Last edited:

keiw

Your post above does nothing but run away from the admission by your JW masters:
A person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That admission means that JW beliefs are not biblical - They do not come from the Bible. They come from a source, other than the Bible.

In terms of the eunuch, all he had to go on was the Old Testament. The New Testament hadn't been written yet. He didn't know that the promised Messiah/Savior had come. That's why he asked who the Isaiah passage referred to. And so, Philip told him about Christ.

We today have the ENTIRE Bible.

BUT your JW masters have stated that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That statement makes any referring to the Bible you do invalid. You're trying to do something that your JW masters have declared CANNOT be done.
No one can understand many bible truths by reading it for themselves. Its the reason the Christian religions are a mass of confusion= lack of holy spirit guiding them into all truth. Only 1 single religion that is Christian gets holy spirit guiding them into all truth.
You cant get by these facts--The teachings of Jesus in every translation backs the JW religion, as does true God worship history--You best check.

imJRR

LOL! Your JW masters have admitted what they've admitted. And there admission is that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That means that JW beliefs are not biblical. You can't find JW beliefs in the Bible - That's what the admission SAYS.

That means that your statement of "The teachings of Jesus backs the JW religion" is falsehood. Your JW masters have admitted that you CAN'T FIND the beliefs of the JWs in the Bible - They're not there.

keiw

LOL! Your JW masters have admitted what they've admitted. And there admission is that a person cannot arrive at JW beliefs by reading the Bible, no matter how much Bible reading they do.

That means that JW beliefs are not biblical. You can't find JW beliefs in the Bible - That's what the admission SAYS.

That means that your statement of "The teachings of Jesus backs the JW religion" is falsehood. Your JW masters have admitted that you CAN'T FIND the beliefs of the JWs in the Bible - They're not there.
Twisting things gets you nowhere.