Choice

I have read many of your posts. Your position is you are elect BECAUSE you believe rather than you believe BECAUSE you are elect. That is clearly salvation by works.
Sorry you are just repeating your rhetoric and not dealing with the issue

God saves those that believe

Election is in Christ not unconditionally

One must have faith to be in Christh

and if righteousness through faith is not a work nor is election or salvation

And no that is not salvation by works

Galatians 2:16 (KJV)
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Is justification by works ?

One is justified by faith

and that is not a work

Maybe you should heed scripture rather than the rhetoric of your systematic

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

and that is not a work

I have read many of your posts. Your position is you are elect BECAUSE you believe rather than you believe BECAUSE you are elect. That is clearly salvation by works.

Here is a bit more thorough reply:

If we study James 2, and believe this is in fact the inspired Bible, we see James specifically says faith alone does NOT save—in fact he makes a big point of it. Does this ruin the whole faith/works dichotomy that the Reformation set up for us? Only if we misunderstand the term works and start equivocating with it. If we make the word “works” to be something that NEVER can be a part in saving you, Calvinism necessarily logically follows. In fact, by giving them that one point, there is no way to avoid their conclusions. But that point does not need to be granted them. There is, in fact, a different kind of works and we can prove it.

James says a faith without works cannot save, explicitly and forthrightly:

What is the profit, my brethren, if faith, any one may speak of having, and works he may not have? is that faith able to save him? (Jam 2:14 YLT)

The implied answer here is clearly, “no.” In case we try to squeak around that somehow, he repeats the point with more force:

*You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. (Jam 2:24 NKJ)”

This is a very clear statement. How are we to harmonize this with Paul’s declaration, “By the works of the law shall no flesh be justified”? It’s not as hard as you might think—simply by asserting, not all works, are works of the law. There is, in fact, a logical existence of something that could be defined as a “non-meritorious work,” that is, an action that produces a result without earning it.

So how do we know the works James tells us here, are not works of the law? Consider the Works of Faith that James actually uses as an illustration:

1) Abraham attempting to kill his son.
2) Rahab lying to save the spies.

Clearly, both of these works violate, not just the Law of God, but the pinnacle and sum of the Law of God: the Ten Commandments!

1) Thou shalt not kill/murder
2) Thou shalt not bear false witness

So when James says, “I will show my faith BY my works,” but in the same place says breaking one law breaks the entire law completely AND constitutes you a law-breaker, we know he is talking of a works that are not works of the law. Abraham believed and attempted something that violated the Law but was commended. Rahab believed and attempted something that violated the Law but was commended.

Where we panic here, is thinking “I’m concerned that I would be adding my own merit to faith by adding an action.” But this is just religious dogma that has been foisted constantly upon our thinking, it does not actually stem from the Bible or logic itself.

Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? (Jam 2:22 NKJ)

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (Jam 2:26 NKJ)

Rahab the harlot also justified by works (Jam 2:25 NKJ)

So if we want to claim the Bible nowhere associates the idea or word of “works” with salvation or justification (which is being made righteous), we really will have to throw out the book of James as Martin Luther once suggested.

In Sum: the Calvinist is forcing a false dichotomy on you: either something is a meritorious work, or it is no work at all. Once you accept that, you are inevitably led down the trail to removing all volitional activity, and God alone decides who is saved because otherwise we contribute “works.” If you simply free yourself from that logical error, you can show him the non-sequitur of insisting that actions which produces results are necessarily meritorious in nature, and then have a salvation that is contingent upon our actions without it necessitating any merit. If you say faith has no work—no action accompanying it—then you will automatically feel like all works are bad and there is no such thing as a non-meritorious work, leading you right into the trap of unconditional salvation, and the Calvinist can call your version faith a work because it’s contingent upon something you do. But he is simply leading you to a false dichotomy, that something has to be a work if it produces a result.

The defense rests.

Blessings & peace in Christ.
I was taught this early on "I will show you my faith by my works" To whom is James being justified? To God? No. God knows if a person has faith, James is talking about others' perception of us, not God's. Why would James contradict the rest of the Bible? He does not. He is making a point about a person who claims to have faith but has no works. If someone's faith has NO works, then james concludes it is not saving faith. He does not say the person does not have saving works. The works prove the truth.

So Christs death is ineffective for all those He died for that do not believe, correct?
So in what manner did He effectively die for them?

God grants faith, therefore He effectively died for all men that He grants faith to.

Do you believe that Jesus chooses whom He will reveal God to?
One of the glaring issues of this Calvinist product of reason is the lack of corroboration in the Bible. No verses claim that the atonement was partial. Or that the atonement was selective. Calvinists have deducted this incorrectly, yet they demean those who refuse to follow their logical footsteps. yes, there is a logic that has the appearance of truth, but that is because it lacks all the evidence.
Calvinism is like a court verdict where the key witnesses were forbidden to speak and so the decision was made on valid but incomplete evidence.

One of the glaring issues of this Calvinist product of reason is the lack of corroboration in the Bible. No verses claim that the atonement was partial. Or that the atonement was selective. Calvinists have deducted this incorrectly, yet they demean those who refuse to follow their logical footsteps. yes, there is a logic that has the appearance of truth, but that is because it lacks all the evidence.
Calvinism is like a court verdict where the key witnesses were forbidden to speak and so the decision was made on valid but incomplete evidence.
this is a perfect description of yourself the way you change scripture and the meaning of words to deny Jesus is our present mediator not our past one, the gospel, the resurrection of Jesus and His complete Deity while a man on this earth and denying His humanity post Resurrection.

you have described your own method to a tee and here is a partial list of your heresies and essential truths you deny.

1-Jesus is no longer a man but a spirit like JW's teach
2-Jesus physical body was shed like a garment
3-Jesus Resurrected body is not physical
4-Jesus didn't mean He was really flesh and bones post Resurrection and denied being a spirit
5-Jesus is no longer our Mediator since He is no longer a man
6-You deny Jesus is Impeccable
7-You are kenosis
8-You deny original sin
9-You believe pelagianism is true
10-You deny the Incarnation which was permanent
11- You deny the gospel which its core is the Resurrection
12- You deny Jesus has come in the flesh which is the spirit of antichrist teaching

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the glaring issues of this Calvinist product of reason is the lack of corroboration in the Bible. No verses claim that the atonement was partial.
Who says there are verses that Christ's atonement was partial?
Or that the atonement was selective.
It is. Scriptural atonement is limited only to those who believe.
Calvinists have deducted this incorrectly, yet they demean those who refuse to follow their logical footsteps. yes, there is a logic that has the appearance of truth, but that is because it lacks all the evidence.
Are you denying that God limits the atonement?

repeat rhetoric still not addressing the issue

and that is not a work

and that is not a work

It does, to those He chooses to to reveal the Father to.
Scripture states God saves those who believe, not that God saves for those whom he died.
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Is it not obvious you cannot address the issue

This seems to be a reoccurring happenstance

One must have faith to be in Christ

and that is not a work

and an obvious indication your theology is not based on scripture

I asked first.
Back to the original question:
Which is true:
a) Christ tasted death for every man
b) Christ did not taste death for every man

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Already answered, here.

You understand that to mean "all without exception." I understand it to mean all kinds of men, or "all without distinction," because it is only the seed of Abraham whom He saves (v 16).
I ask for which statement is true; not what you understand it to mean.

Is it not obvious you cannot address the issue

This seems to be a reoccurring happenstance

and that is not a work

and an obvious indication your theology is not based on scripture

More evidence you are unable to justify your views from scripture

and that is not a work

and an obvious indication your theology is not based on scripture but the dictates of your theology

I asked first.
Back to the original question:
Which is true:
a) Christ tasted death for every man
b) Christ did not taste death for every man

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

I ask for which statement is true; not what you understand it to mean.
I told you. Why are you having such difficulty understanding my answer?

More evidence you are unable to justify your views from scripture

and that is not a work

and an obvious indication your theology is not based on scripture but the dictates of your theology

Back