Choice

Does it matter to a determinist that God determined as a believer that I reject Calvinism as false . So much for that doctrine lol.

oops

Are you able to answer…

Imagine a Non-Determinist randomly, for no apparent reason, walks into an ice cream shop, and this particular ice cream shop has 31 different flavors. He can not allow anything outside of his own will to determine which one flavor he will eat…

how does he choose?

Arminianism is perfectly aligned with Jesus' exposition of the parable.
It is not.
You are only bluffing yourself.

When Jesus gives His exposition He nowhere teaches what you do.

If you had a leg to stand on you would have tried to show me where Jesus says that those who hear and understand ever fall away.

Try your very best to show that those who produce a harvest, those who hear and understand EVER fall away.

I will be waiting with bated breath.

It is not.

If you had a leg to stand on you would have tried to show me where Jesus says that those who hear and understand ever fall away.

Try your very best to show that those who produce a harvest, those who hear and understand EVER fall away.

Exactly. The wheat falls away and becomes tares

It is not.

I see that you continue to deny the power of the Holy Spirit's ministry to reach unbelievers. Your poor view of God's sovereignty over his creation has been noted.

The sheep believe the Father's witnesses; the sheep are given to the Son. Scripture makes no mention of sheep choosing their shepherd.
the problem with that analogy is that it does not fit anything Jesus teaches in His sheep analogies.
At least i do not recall Him raising this issue when He uses that analogy about who the sheep are

None the less sheep do not choose there shepherds. Shepherds choose there sheep.
That is not always true. The shepherd sometimes did not own the sheep. They were not his. Sometimes the shpherd as a hired hand. My point is not to go beyond what jesus taught. In His sheep analogies he does not deal with who choose who. And I think it is thin ice to try to formulate doctrine there

That is not always true. The shepherd sometimes did not own the sheep. They were not his. Sometimes the shpherd as a hired hand. My point is not to go beyond what jesus taught. In His sheep analogies he does not deal with who choose who. And I think it is thin ice to try to formulate doctrine there
The Bible speaks about this, it calls Pastors "Under-Shepherds". But this does not mean that the Under Shepherds are not shepherding God's Sheep...

I will be able to tell if you are you-know-who by what you will say to this. If you say "You are right sir", I may be wrong about who Civic said you are...

I think you're the one going beyond what Jesus taught.
The Biblical model is that the Master of the house (eg. Jesse) owns the sheep, and the shepherd (eg. David) cares for them.

The Father gave the sheep to the Son.
The sheep don't go "shepherd shopping".

The Bible speaks about this, it calls Pastors "Under-Shepherds". But this does not mean that the Under Shepherds are not shepherding God's Sheep...

I will be able to tell if you are you-know-who by what you will say to this. If you say "You are right sir", I may be wrong about who Civic said you are...
where does the word "under-shepherd" come from that is new to me?
But again my only point in this discussion is to not go beyond scripture when forming doctrine

I think you're the one going beyond what Jesus taught.
The Biblical model is that the Master of the house (eg. Jesse) owns the sheep, and the shepherd (eg. David) cares for them.

The Father gave the sheep to the Son.
The sheep don't go "shepherd shopping".
of course sheep don't shepherd shop. That is not anything i suggested. Going beyond scripture to form doctrine was my concern

where does the word "under-shepherd" come from that is new to me?
But again my only point in this discussion is to not go beyond scripture when forming doctrine
It's a Doctrinal Term from 1st Peter 5. Kind of like the word Trinity, it's a true term...

But come on *eth, remember that I don't like to fool around with a whole lot of unneccesary never ending questions for the purpose of avoiding the immediate subject at hand. I'm glad you're back, but others may not be so happy about it and report you. They remember how you are. If you are really not you-know-who, then you could be wrongly suspended because they think you snuck in after being banned. So when I say something and it really makes a lot of common sense, just say 'I think you are right' or something like that...

It's a Doctrinal Term from 1st Peter 5. Kind of like the word Trinity, it's a true term...

But come on *eth, remember that I don't like to fool around with a whole lot of unneccesary never ending questions for the purpose of avoiding the immediate subject at hand. I'm glad you're back, but others may not be so happy about it and report you. They remember how you are. If you are really not you-know-who, then you could be wrongly suspended because they think you snuck in after being banned. So when I say something and it really makes a lot of common sense, just say 'I think you are right' or something like that...
I read 1 peter 5, I do not see the concept of under-shepherd, but I m interested, Which verse are you referring to?

I read 1 peter 5, I do not see the concept of under-shepherd, but I m interested, Which verse are you referring to?
Okay, I'm glad you're back; but just know it's back to the way it used to be with you and I. I'll just talk to you from time to time, and answer some of your Posts for the sake of the Lurkers. You'll still have plenty of people to talk to...

Have fun...

Okay, I'm glad you're back; but just know it's back to the way it used to be with you and I. I'll just talk to you from time to time, and answer some of your Posts for the sake of the Lurkers. You'll still have plenty of people to talk to...

Have fun...

You do know he just told you ......

Have fun...
I am not following all this stuff from you, we were talking about who chose whom, and my point is that the parable does not talk about that concept, all this other stuff is off topic and a little confusing
Especially considering you claimed there was an under shepherd, then refuse to state where you see that,
Is this what i am to expect in this forum?

Back