Chosen to Salvation !

brightfame52

Not in any of those context as the lexicons show

Not if one examines the evidence

No you do not have a clue

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.

J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47

John 3:16 —KJV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

not sheep only

John 3:17 —KJV
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

not sheep only

John 6:51 —KJV
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

not sheep only

John 12:47 —KJV
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”

not sheep only

It is impossible sheep only are meant here \
World can apply to the Sheep

TomFL

Still once more you ignore all evidence

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

not sheep only

“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

not sheep only

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

not sheep only

“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”

not sheep only

brightfame52

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

Can't get around it World can refer to the Sheep.

TomFL

Can't get around it World can refer to the Sheep.
Another repetitive avoidance of scripture and it context

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

brightfame52

Another repetitive avoidance of scripture and it context

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

When world is used in regards to Salvation or Who Christ died for, who God loves it is the Sheep, the totality of them exclusively.

TomFL

When world is used in regards to Salvation or Who Christ died for, who God loves it is the Sheep, the totality of them exclusively.
The evidence contradicted you

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

It is impossible sheep only are meant here

context as well

Sethproton

According to your errant theology, God failed in His endeavor to save the whole entire world as by your misinterpretation that is what He set out to do.
The answer to your issue is to define identify exactly what Jesus accomplished at the cross. Of course it was successful, but what do we see in scripture describing what he actually did there?
If you just take the word saviour and apply it however you feel like, you may come up with non-Biblical ideas.
But if you focus on what the Bible says happened at the cross, I think you will stay in the truth

Theo1689

brightfame52 said:
Where do you get that?

Um, the same way "honey" can refer to someone's wife, even though no dictionary would list that meaning.

That's the problem with presuming to make "proclamations" about "the Greek" (as you and Tom constantly do), without actually LEARNING the language, and falsely thinking that accessing "lexicons" is sufficient to unlock the entire Bible.

TomFL

Um, the same way "honey" can refer to someone's wife, even though no dictionary would list that meaning.

That's the problem with presuming to make "proclamations" about "the Greek" (as you and Tom constantly do), without actually LEARNING the language, and falsely thinking that accessing "lexicons" is sufficient to unlock the entire Bible.
TSK TSK

Your so called knowledge could not keep you from erroneously interpreting the world God loved as the physical place rather than the people of the world

Nor does it keep you from being contradicted by BAGD in some critical passages

and no lexicon gives sheep as a meaning for kosmos

brightfame52

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

context as well
Jn 10 tells us who the World is Christ laid down His Life for, The Sheep world

brightfame52

Biblically "world" has different meanings depending on context.
It can mean the universe, the earth, the whole of human population, the evil ways of the world.
Context is imporatnt
I know how the word world has different meanings, you not telling me nothing new. World can mean the Sheep, the Elect, the Church

Sethproton

I know how the word world has different meanings, you not telling me nothing new. World can mean the Sheep, the Elect, the Church
I know you have no intention of explaining yourself, so I will just tell you. The Bible never uses the word "world" to mean sheep. there is no place where you can show the word world defined or used as sheep.

brightfame52

I know you have no intention of explaining yourself, so I will just tell you. The Bible never uses the word "world" to mean sheep. there is no place where you can show the word world defined or used as sheep.
I have already explained myself numerous times. Read my threads.

TomFL

Jn 10 tells us who the World is Christ laid down His Life for, The Sheep world
The phrase sheep world never appears in scripture

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

context as well

brightfame52

The phrase sheep world never appears in scripture

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

not sheep only

context as well
Doesn't have to. Christ specifically stated who He died for Jn 10. All of them[Sheep] constitute the World He died for.