Christ the risen Saviour, not potential Saviour !

brightfame52

In mans religion,, though they speak of Christ as the Saviour, they really mean that Hes merely a potential Saviour and that Salvation ultimately rests in the decision or will of the sinner. In other words, its up to the sinner to make Christ a Saviour unto them.

This fallacious reasoning is error and dishonors Christ as the Saviour of His People. for its written that He shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, not potentially save them !

When Christ died and afterwards rose from the dead, and ascended to the Right Hand of God, He ascended as a Prince and a Saviour Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word Saviour means: a savior, deliverer, preserver. None of these denote possibilities, maybes, or potentially, but actuality, He actually ascended as a Saviour, deliverer, a preserver.

Some may appeal to 1 Tim 4:10

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Now does this verse state that Christ is a potential Saviour to all men ? No it doesnt, but it says God is Saviour of all men, especially of those [men] who believe !

Many pervert this scripture so it would be saying that God is a potential Saviour to all men, but an actual Saviour to them that believe. See God cant be technically a Saviour to the unsaved, for thats a contradiction, He is their God in Judgment, but not as a Saviour.

So what does the word specially mean in this verse and how can it be understood without contradicting the fact that God is a actual Saviour and not merely a Saviour, or a Saviour unto unsaved men ?

Its the greek word malista

:especially, chiefly, most of all, above all primary adverb μάλα mála (very); (adverbially) most (in the greatest degree) or particularly:—chiefly, most of all, (e-)specially.

So its a word Paul uses here to denote and clarify who particularly God in Christ is a Saviour to, not all men without exception, but particularly of they which are believers. In fact this verse should dispel the faulty idea of God being the Saviour of unbelievers. Sure even the saved are unbelievers naturally, however they shall be brought to Faith, because the promise is, the Just/justified shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

Folks Christ rose and ascended as a Prince and a Saviour, not a potential Saviour !

zerinus

In mans religion,, though they speak of Christ as the Saviour, they really mean that Hes merely a potential Saviour and that Salvation ultimately rests in the decision or will of the sinner. In other words, its up to the sinner to make Christ a Saviour unto them.

This fallacious reasoning is error and dishonors Christ as the Saviour of His People. for its written that He shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, not potentially save them !

When Christ died and afterwards rose from the dead, and ascended to the Right Hand of God, He ascended as a Prince and a Saviour Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word Saviour means: a savior, deliverer, preserver. None of these denote possibilities, maybes, or potentially, but actuality, He actually ascended as a Saviour, deliverer, a preserver.

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Now does this verse state that Christ is a potential Saviour to all men ? No it doesnt, but it says God is Saviour of all men, especially of those [men] who believe !

Many pervert this scripture so it would be saying that God is a potential Saviour to all men, but an actual Saviour to them that believe. See God cant be technically a Saviour to the unsaved, for thats a contradiction, He is their God in Judgment, but not as a Saviour.

So what does the word specially mean in this verse and how can it be understood without contradicting the fact that God is a actual Saviour and not merely a Saviour, or a Saviour unto unsaved men ?

:especially, chiefly, most of all, above all primary adverb μάλα mála (very); (adverbially) most (in the greatest degree) or particularly:—chiefly, most of all, (e-)specially.

So its a word Paul uses here to denote and clarify who particularly God in Christ is a Saviour to, not all men without exception, but particularly of they which are believers. In fact this verse should dispel the faulty idea of God being the Saviour of unbelievers. Sure even the saved are unbelievers naturally, however they shall be brought to Faith, because the promise is, the Just/justified shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

Folks Christ rose and ascended as a Prince and a Saviour, not a potential Saviour !
That is the typical Calvinistic bunk. It is rubbish, nonsense, false. There is nothing new about that. It has been heard a million times before. Man is saved on condition of faith and repentance. No faith or repentance, no salvation. And faith and repentance is man's work, not God's work. Man chooses and decides, not God. Faith and repentance is man's choice, not God's choice.

brightfame52

That is the typical Calvinistic bunk. It is rubbish, nonsense, false. There is nothing new about that. It has been heard a million times before. Man is saved on condition of faith and repentance. No faith or repentance, no salvation. And faith and repentance is man's work, not God's work. Man chooses and decides, not God. Faith and repentance is man's choice, not God's choice.
It's the truth that you are scoffing at

TomFL

That is an either/or fallacy

He can be both

John 12:47 —ESV
“If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.”

John 4:42 —ESV
“They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.””

John 3:17 —ESV
“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”

Matt. 1:21 —ESV
“She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.””

brightfame52

He can be both

“If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.”

“They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.””

“For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”

“She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.””
You believe that Christ is a potential Savior? Yes or No

TomFL

You believe that Christ is a potential Savior? Yes or No
Did you have a problem reading ?

He can be both

TomFL

It's apparent that you believe that Christ is a potential Savior correct?
Reading is not that difficult

He can be both

brightfame52

He can be both

Well since you said both, you say yes He is a potential Saviour, which is unscriptural and blasphemy !

PeanutGallery

In mans religion,, though they speak of Christ as the Saviour, they really mean that Hes merely a potential Saviour and that Salvation ultimately rests in the decision or will of the sinner....
Were the people actually or potentially healed; did the healing rest in the decision of the sinner?
John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

brightfame52

Were the people actually or potentially healed; did the healing rest in the decision of the sinner?
John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
That question is senseless. Did you read the Op and points I made ?

TomFL

Well since you said both, you say yes He is a potential Saviour, which is unscriptural and blasphemy !
This is what I stated

and it is scripture

He can be both

TomFL

Actually it still scripture
'

He can be both

brightfame52

This is what I stated

and it is scripture

He can be both

You in error, the Jesus Christ of scripture is a Saviour, not a potential saviour. What verse says He is both a Saviour and a potential saviour ? Thats your nonsense !