Christian inconsistancy about the Law

American Gothic

and to clarify my view here:
Jesus might have specifically said "resist unlawful decree, Mosaicly they are not binding on you" or
He might have been saying "they sit in Moses' seat, so All that they tell you to do, then do (but understand that unlawful decrees are not considered binding on you by God, they are just orders of men)" I'm not positive on this issue.
I don't see Him as advocating violent insurrection, even to Jewish leadership corruption.

He did say "if someone compels you to go one mile, go two miles" even though a Roman soldier seeking your help was only allowed to compel for the first mile, to my understanding. You could still know that forcing for two was not Roman lawful.

Last edited:

Harel13

were the Prophets accepted by Israel when they did amazing things? what was the fate of Prophets?
No, because that's not the sign of prophecy. People might have been amazed, but not going: "Oh look, he did this awesome miracle, he's a prophet!" - because that's not how things work.

Harel13

it's funny how some can miss the mark so badly. the Lord Jesus, God in flesh, said that he is the Messiah, scripture, John 4:19 "The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet." John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship." John 4:21 "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father." John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:25 "The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things." John 4:26 "Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he."

Now, if the Lord Jesus is not the Messiah, then he lied, (God forbid), and since the Lord Jesus do not lie, then he is the Messiah. and beignt the the Christ, he "has", "Is", and "will" fulfil all prophecies concering him. and the bible backs this up.

Only Ignorance reside in the Indivudal who seek not the TRUTH, the Wisdom of God.

PICJAG, 101G.
Pro-tip for forum posts: a lot of people don't like multi-colored posts and will likely refrain from reading them.

American Gothic

No, because that's not the sign of prophecy. People might have been amazed, but not going: "Oh look, he did this awesome miracle, he's a prophet!" - because that's not how things work.
I was wondering if those specific miracles were Rabbinic Messianic expectations - things only Messiah would be able to do.
I guess that view is not universal.

Jesus said even if the dead were raised, most would not believe.
He also said Israel would only get the "sign of Jonah" from then on. (dead persons being raised, and that happens three times IMO)

Last edited:

Harel13

I was wondering if those specific miracles were Rabbinic Messianic expectations - things only Messiah would be able to do.
There's scriptural evidence for everything. Of course, Christians typically shut their eyes at this.

For all of his faults, at least he knew enough about prophets to know that miracles aren't proof of prophecy. Too bad Christians took this to mean that Jews are willfully blind.

Rachel Redux

I guess that view is not universal.

He also said Israel would only get the "sign of Jonah" from then on. (dead persons being raised, and that happens three times IMO)
Didn't Elisha raise the dead?
Not that I'm trying to disprove Yeshua as Messiah....I believe that3he is.

101G

Pro-tip for forum posts: a lot of people don't like multi-colored posts and will likely refrain from reading them.
thanks, but that's ok, this is why I copy and paste, and strip away any attributes. thank God for technology

PICJAG, 101G.

Harel13

thanks, but that's ok, this is why I copy and paste, and strip away any attributes. thank God for technology

PICJAG, 101G.
Well, if you're okay with posting things that people won't read because they're presented in eye-hurting ways, then okay then.

American Gothic

Christians typically shut their eyes at this.
(and think) Jews are willfully blind.
I see what you did there.

My view is all sons of Adam are essentially "born blind".
Israel's light and/or blindness issue is specific to them and their special relationship with God.

God is the source of any Light.

Open Heart

and to clarify my view here:
Jesus might have specifically said "resist unlawful decree, Mosaicly they are not binding on you" or
He might have been saying "they sit in Moses' seat, so All that they tell you to do, then do (but understand that unlawful decrees are not considered binding on you by God, they are just orders of men)" I'm not positive on this issue.
I don't see Him as advocating violent insurrection, even to Jewish leadership corruption.

He did say "if someone compels you to go one mile, go two miles" even though a Roman soldier seeking your help was only allowed to compel for the first mile, to my understanding. You could still know that forcing for two was not Roman lawful.
He ALSO said the Pharisees sit in Moses seat (meaning they have teaching authority) and to do and observe EVERYTHING they teach.

American Gothic

He ALSO said the Pharisees sit in Moses seat (meaning they have teaching authority) and to do and observe EVERYTHING they teach.
He still might have taught that everything the Pharisees decreed was not as binding or permanent as Mosaic law
the Essenes seemed to have disagreed with the Pharisees view on Oral law

Essene-ism didn't die out IMO, it was just proto-Christian
Paul's theology changed from Pharisaic to Essenic (sic) (Qumran Essenes anyway, there were other "Essenes" about)

Jewjitzu

You assume a lot, too much in fact. All those holidays you mention are traditions of men and wholly unholy. You should keep in mind that old adage about assumptions.
You should talk to church leadership about the man-made holidays, including Sunday.

Open Heart

He still might have taught that everything the Pharisees decreed was not as binding or permanent as Mosaic law
the Essenes seemed to have disagreed with the Pharisees view on Oral law

Essene-ism didn't die out IMO, it was just proto-Christian
Paul's theology changed from Pharisaic to Essenic (sic) (Qumran Essenes anyway, there were other "Essenes" about)
Essenes? Who is talking about Essenes? Is there a reason you can't stay on the topic?

American Gothic

the Pharisees looked to the Oral law, while the Essenes looked to the writings of the early patriarchs
if the Theology of the first Age stayed consistent (as the Seder Olam suggests)
then the Theology of the next Age should be consistent with that
and the Theology of the next Age should be consistent with that as well

no matter what covenants or law is in effect, the basic Theology of the Bible (and other writings) stays the same

Open Heart

the Pharisees looked to the Oral law, while the Essenes looked to the writings of the early patriarchs
if the Theology of the first Age stayed consistent (as the Seder Olam suggests)
then the Theology of the next Age should be consistent with that
and the Theology of the next Age should be consistent with that as well

no matter what covenants or law is in effect, the basic Theology of the Bible (and other writings) stays the same
No one cares about the Sadducees or Essenes. They were heretical sects that died out long ago.