Christianity: Friend or foe to science?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you are getting His message that Jesus delivered to us from God, He takes away the sins of this world, 1 John 3, and in Him there is no sin to be had.

We who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, cannot sin because I am born of God, 1 John 3:9, just as Jesus was in Matt 3:16, born again with that new mind God put in that man and in us all who will obey and receieve from God His atonement.

To bad for you that His ways is rubbish as you keep stating of Him in His ways for perfection and walk as He walks in His same light that does not include sin at mayall.

In reality you are His adversary calling His ways rubbish. Actually antichrist refusing to have the mind of.
lol it is what I have always said but as I see this, YOU need to the or must be seen as the Prominent One Who Alone Knows God and His Messiah!, Don't worry you ain't the only one here on that quest.

Not sure that that can be done when a person thinks that they are " englightened " already by mere men ?
Yes you think you are enlightened by man, your credal nature proves that for sure.
So YOU are God Himself now ? is this your attitude ?
Nah, if you knew Him yourself you would know that I am not God. you only think I am God as you posted here and falsely accuse me of being God just as Most here falsely accuse Jesus of being God. These never has met the same God Jesus met in Matt 3:16 is all.

lol it is what I have always said but as I see this, YOU need to the or must be seen as the Prominent One Who Alone Knows God and His Messiah!, Don't worry you ain't the only one here on that quest.
Our quest is over for we who has met God face to face, and His promise is that when you see Him as He is, if you only would repent from yourself in your own credal ways, ye shall be like Him, as well as we who has. See 1 John 3.

Jesus was spot on when he said it is finished, there is noting more he can say or do to get you to the same place in God that he was in God.
It really is finished, I and the Father are one, He in me and I inHim are one, just as Jesus was in the Father and the Father was in him as one. see Jesus prayer to his Gof for you to be as well in John 17, but then you would have to obey and receive and you are not going to do that for your quest is to be right even though it is wrong in the eyes of the Father where you go without to have His same mind.

Enlighten YOU ? You claim to be very much enlightened already ? Soooo, what happened over the past few days ?
Now that you are God ( having the same mind as God as you claim ) why are you asking us questions you already should know ? Your claim not our claims ?
Are you really that dense? You sure flaunt that ignorance for sure!

Of course I need help so whom should I ask then ? GOD or His Messiah or YOU ????? I think that you will say YOU ?
Any three of us can, and do, but you won't listen to any of us to give up your own ways and conform to His ways.
Youe next mistake will sadly be your very first mistake, right ?
When are you going to learn to type? LOL. It is You're not Your -- Thats funny. I told you I would catch you in the same typos I have made that you scorned at LOL.

My mistake was letting man teach me their ways. When God came to me and enlighten me the same as He did in Jesus and others, there are no more mistakes that can be made, I am perfect even as my father unshaven is perfect as He commands of me and you.
come on, you can tell us, we promise to tell others..
Yes I beg of you to freely tell others off this, it would help Gods cause but will be destruction to those who isn't in a pew full of beliefs for a god.

Yes, you asked about essentials. Essentials are what you need to believe to be saved. Most Catholics dont think that not believing that Jesus appointed Peter as the first pope will prevent you from being saved.
Yes, you dodged my question. Very sneaky. It's an essential of con-artistry to never sensibly, completely, and honestly answer any question which if so answered will expose one's position as illogical, unlikely, or outright false. So we both know that the Bible isn't even errant because it's very often too ambiguous and confusing to know what it's really talking about.
How did I dodge your question? You asked about essentials of the Christian faith and I demonstrated that one of the beliefs that you thought was essential to Catholics was actually not. When you learn the original languages and the historical context, most of it becomes pretty clear. But I dont deny some parts of it can be hard to understand and some parts we dont understand yet.
That no devout Christians at the time accepted Darwins theory of evolution.
Where did I say that?
Post 262.
The ancient Greek texts used by most Christians are the same as the ones used by non Christian and atheist scholars. Even atheist scholars know that the JWs have their own doctored and error filled text.
I'm not sure what atheist scholars you're referring to, but the late Hector Avalos has written that "doctored text" is typical of any Bible we have today.
There is no evidence it was doctored in any signficant way. There has been some minor editing and copying errors but none of the are significant.
But that's beside my point that reading the "original" languages does not ensure that people will interpret the Bible in the same way. We see proof of that among Catholics and Protestants many of both of whom can read Greek and Hebrew yet cannot agree what it means. That's why you snuck around my question: Did Jesus appoint Peter the first pope? If you answered no, then you would admit that the Catholic scholars reading the Greek cannot understand it. And of course answering yes would not only prove that Protestant scholars cannot understand the Greek New Testament, but then you'd need to convert to Catholicism!
The term Pope is not in the Bible and Jesus never used it of course. Pretty obvious to most scholars. There is some historical evidence that Peter may have been the first elder or bishop of Rome. That may be what they are basing their belief that Rock means supreme leader of the church on. But there is no biblical evidence for any such an office as the Pope from either Jesus or any of His apostles including Peter.
And to top it off, Rev. Charles T. Russell the founder of the JWs and their Watchtower Bible admitted under oath that he never advanced past 7th grade schooling and did not know Greek or Hebrew in a libel case in Ontario in March 1913.
Isn't it interesting how when we are able to check up on the founders of religious sects "up close," then we see them for the scammers that they are? We can only imagine what we would discover about the early Christian sect leaders if only we had the same evidence for their lives as we have for Russell, Joseph Smith, Jim Jones, and David Koresh.
We actually do have a significant amount of evidence about the character of Jesus and His apostles, especially Paul and there is no evidence that they were scammers. BTW, Jim Jones was actually an atheist and the worst out of the four you mentioned.
No as I demonstrated earlier, the hebrew word translated firmament in the KJV can also mean open space in addition to a hard structure. The water is above the open space, ie atmosphere, therefore it must mean clouds which are made of water.
According to Wikipedia the Firmament:
In biblical cosmology, the firmament is the vast solid dome created by God during the Genesis creation narrative to divide the primal sea into upper and lower portions so that the dry land could appear.
You've discredited yourself numerous times posting misinformation. Since I cannot trust what you say, then I'll go with Wikipedia.
No, you need to read a Hebrew dictionary or concordance and you will see that one of the meanings of the hebrew word for firmament is open space. That is the definition we should use because His other book, Nature, has revealed to us that the atmosphere is open space. Wikipedia is just making a philosophical assumption that the hebrews were just like all the other primitive societies at the time.

How did I dodge your question? You asked about essentials of the Christian faith and I demonstrated that one of the beliefs that you thought was essential to Catholics was actually not. When you learn the original languages and the historical context, most of it becomes pretty clear. But I dont deny some parts of it can be hard to understand and some parts we dont understand yet.

Post 262.

There is no evidence it was doctored in any signficant way. There has been some minor editing and copying errors but none of the are significant.

The term Pope is not in the Bible and Jesus never used it of course. Pretty obvious to most scholars. There is some historical evidence that Peter may have been the first elder or bishop of Rome. That may be what they are basing their belief that Rock means supreme leader of the church on. But there is no biblical evidence for any such an office as the Pope from either Jesus or any of His apostles including Peter.

We actually do have a significant amount of evidence about the character of Jesus and His apostles, especially Paul and there is no evidence that they were scammers. BTW, Jim Jones was actually an atheist and the worst out of the four you mentioned.

No, you need to read a Hebrew dictionary or concordance and you will see that one of the meanings of the hebrew word for firmament is open space. That is the definition we should use because His other book, Nature, has revealed to us that the atmosphere is open space. Wikipedia is just making a philosophical assumption that the hebrews were just like all the other primitive societies at the time.
You are partially right. Firmament refers to the heavens, sun, stars, moon, the curve of the sky and all in it.

Any three of us can, and do, but you won't listen to any of us to give up your own ways and conform to His ways.

When are you going to learn to type? LOL. It is You're not Your -- Thats funny. I told you I would catch you in the same typos I have made that you scorned at LOL.

My mistake was letting man teach me their ways. When God came to me and enlighten me the same as He did in Jesus and others, there are no more mistakes that can be made, I am perfect even as my father unshaven is perfect as He commands of me and you.

Yes I beg of you to freely tell others off this, it would help Gods cause but will be destruction to those who isn't in a pew full of beliefs for a god.
Self centered, but sorry, and yes I am doing it His Way not your way, nor your friends way, The Lords Way for me or no way at all.
He said " follow me " and I am, totally.. I have said this all along as well.
BTW, you may have not noticed yet, but GOD does not need any help form any of us mortals.. ( you stated that " it would help Gods cause.. " ).
Every single cult leader has made all the claims and more, as you have above, especially in the USA for some reason ? Yep everyone of them.. Think on that ?

Please just answer my non-rhetorical questions honestly, sensibly, and fully by responding with the information I requested. If you don't have that information, then say so. I will answer your questions the same way.
Post 262.
But 262 is your post, not mine. You are evidently saying that I said "no devout Christians at the time accepted Darwins theory of evolution" on your post! I wonder how I managed to do that.

But just for the record, I don't see how "devout" Christians could have accepted Darwin's theory if they didn't know about it yet.
I'd recommend you read Avalos's book The End of Biblical Studies. He describes the Bible as the creation of Bible scholars.
The term Pope is not in the Bible and Jesus never used it of course.
The same is true for the word "Trinity." Are you a unitarian?
Pretty obvious to most scholars. There is some historical evidence that Peter may have been the first elder or bishop of Rome. That may be what they are basing their belief that Rock means supreme leader of the church on. But there is no biblical evidence for any such an office as the Pope from either Jesus or any of His apostles including Peter.
Jesus definitely saw Peter as a very special person having authority over the early church. Sure, Jesus didn't give Peter a big hat, but basically Peter was being assigned the duties of an office that the emerging church later called the papacy. So if you deny what is so clear to a billion Catholics, then your denial demonstrates my point that the Bible is a confusing work in any language.
We actually do have a significant amount of evidence about the character of Jesus and His apostles, especially Paul and there is no evidence that they were scammers.
Their legacy contradicts what you are claiming here. Your own behavior involving multiple instances of posting misinformation is part of that legacy. Another part of that legacy is faith healing which is demonstrably a dangerous superstition that has made many scam artists wealthy as their victims get sicker or even die. All the "information" to the contrary is the claims of the Christen sect itself which is of course unlikely to admit that its moral abominations are rooted in its founding.
BTW, Jim Jones was actually an atheist and the worst out of the four you mentioned.
But three out of four of them are Christians!

Anyway, it's a lie to say that Jim Jones was an atheist because he believed in a God--himself. That should tell us all something about the character of those who have had delusions of divinity especially those for whom we don't have as much information as we have for Jim Jones. Many such would-be Gods like Jim Jones taught their followers that their lives had little importance and were nothing compared to the lives they supposedly could attain through their faith and obedience. So even if these people were atheists, they nevertheless demonstrated that they could use religious credulity and blind obedience to destroy lives.
No, you need to read a Hebrew dictionary or concordance and you will see that one of the meanings of the hebrew word for firmament is open space. That is the definition we should use because His other book, Nature, has revealed to us that the atmosphere is open space.
I just checked Google images, and in almost every case the firmament is a dome covering a flat earth and supporting waters above it. It doesn't make sense to refer to an "open space" in the sky because all of the sky is an open space.
Wikipedia is just making a philosophical assumption that the hebrews were just like all the other primitive societies at the time.
If all else fails, then impugn the sources of information that falsify what you want to believe.

Please just answer my non-rhetorical questions honestly, sensibly, and fully by responding with the information I requested. If you don't have that information, then say so. I will answer your questions the same way.

But 262 is your post, not mine. You are evidently saying that I said "no devout Christians at the time accepted Darwins theory of evolution" on your post! I wonder how I managed to do that.

But just for the record, I don't see how "devout" Christians could have accepted Darwin's theory if they didn't know about it yet.

I'd recommend you read Avalos's book The End of Biblical Studies. He describes the Bible as the creation of Bible scholars.

Jesus definitely saw Peter as a very special person having authority over the early church. Sure, Jesus didn't give Peter a big hat, but basically Peter was being assigned the duties of an office that the emerging church later called the papacy. So if you deny what is so clear to a billion Catholics, then your denial demonstrates my point that the Bible is a confusing work in any language.

Their legacy contradicts what you are claiming here. Your own behavior involving multiple instances of posting misinformation is part of that legacy. Another part of that legacy is faith healing which is demonstrably a dangerous superstition that has made many scam artists wealthy as their victims get sicker or even die. All the "information" to the contrary is the claims of the Christen sect itself which is of course unlikely to admit that its moral abominations are rooted in its founding.

Anyway, it's a lie to say that Jim Jones was an atheist because he believed in a God--himself. That should tell us all something about the character of those who have had delusions of divinity especially those for whom we don't have as much information as we have for Jim Jones. Many such would-be Gods like Jim Jones taught their followers that their lives had little importance and were nothing compared to the lives they supposedly could attain through their faith and obedience. So even if these people were atheists, they nevertheless demonstrated that they could use religious credulity and blind obedience to destroy lives.

I just checked Google images, and in almost every case the firmament is a dome covering a flat earth and supporting waters above it. It doesn't make sense to refer to an "open space" in the sky because all of the sky is an open space.

If all else fails, then impugn the sources of information that falsify what you want to believe.
I have answered ,but, mostly with Scriptures.. what else do you want ?

H

You make a lot of them concerning the ways of God in Christ to be His anointed one.

Look what up? You are the one casting stones.
You have not shown an ounce of proof about the errors of Scripture ?

1 Dear friends, I am writing you now this second letter; and in both letters I am trying to arouse you to wholesome thinking by means of reminders;
2 so that you will keep in mind the predictions of the holy prophets and the command given by the Lord and Deliverer through your emissaries.
3 First, understand this: during the Last Days, scoffers will come, following their own desires
4 and asking, "Where is this promised 'coming' of his? For our fathers have died, and everything goes on just as it has since the beginning of creation."
5 But, wanting so much to be right about this, they overlook the fact that it was by God's Word that long ago there were heavens, and there was land which arose out of water and existed between the waters,
6 and that by means of these things the world of that time was flooded with water and destroyed.

1 Dear friends, I am writing you now this second letter; and in both letters I am trying to arouse you to wholesome thinking by means of reminders;
2 so that you will keep in mind the predictions of the holy prophets and the command given by the Lord and Deliverer through your emissaries.
3 First, understand this: during the Last Days, scoffers will come, following their own desires
4 and asking, "Where is this promised 'coming' of his? For our fathers have died, and everything goes on just as it has since the beginning of creation."
5 But, wanting so much to be right about this, they overlook the fact that it was by God's Word that long ago there were heavens, and there was land which arose out of water and existed between the waters,
6 and that by means of these things the world of that time was flooded with water and destroyed.

You make a lot of them concerning the ways of God in Christ to be His anointed one.

Look what up? You are the one casting stones.
well look and read and understand!

10 However, the Day of the Lord will come "like a thief." On that Day the heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will melt and disintegrate, and the earth and everything in it will be burned up.
11 Since everything is going to be destroyed like this, what kind of people should you be? You should lead holy and godly lives,
12 as you wait for the Day of God and work to hasten its coming. That Day will bring on the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt from the heat;
13 but we, following along with his promise, wait for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness will be at home.
Amen!

Here is an idea for you both, Googgle the Hebrew Alphabet and discover that there is NO Letter J in it then work out how the name " Jesus " came about ? Also what doe the name Jesus mean ? ? ? The Hebrew name Yeshua means " salvation ", so dose that make any sense to anyone here at C A R M ?

CJB.
Matt 1:
18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place. When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh.
19 Her husband-to-be, Yosef, was a man who did what was right; so he made plans to break the engagement quietly, rather than put her to public shame.
20 But while he was thinking about this, an angel of ADONAI appeared to him in a dream and said, "Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Miryam home with you as your wife; for what has been conceived in her is from the Ruach Ha Kodesh.
21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves," because he will save his people from their sins."
22 All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet,
23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El." (The name means, "God is with us.")

and this is at, Isaiah at 7:14

You have not shown an ounce of proof about the errors of Scripture ?

the heavens meant are in the other reality... where heaven is... and also the satanic principalities...

the land between the waters means eden (jacobs)
with heaven east of eden

the waters meant were of the matrix tao type dualism realm (esaus) who made eden to fall, and built their cities above her = mystery babylon.

-- line 4 describes esau's bullying....his allegiance is to this corrupt world (babylon) and adam, after eden was vampired by the evil realm 'gods' who adam works for. anything pretty here was stolen from eden and God, because of adam. that is what evil conquerors do... plunder and rape.

Esau hates paul for that very reason... for paul saw heaven and knows the difference of it to this world and body... and to its false gods. paul calls this body the body of death, a corpse... the fleshbody...

Paul says us to die to this world (= the corrupted reality adam caused by disobedience) and to return to Christ and to our Original land which is our gorgeous paradise..

Paul was smart to mention the prophets' predictions... for today heathen exegesis and translation has evilly made prophets redundant and fictional - on purpose - especially since the cosmology is there to read with transcendent aspects and is not solely about dusty history in 500 ad.

well look and read and understand!

10 However, the Day of the Lord will come "like a thief." On that Day the heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will melt and disintegrate, and the earth and everything in it will be burned up.
11 Since everything is going to be destroyed like this, what kind of people should you be? You should lead holy and godly lives,
12 as you wait for the Day of God and work to hasten its coming. That Day will bring on the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt from the heat;
13 but we, following along with his promise, wait for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness will be at home.
Amen!
it's very soon.

all of jacob who are in christ, a remnant, will meet him on the clouds ...

but we will return with Christ and minister to the left behind who suffer the locusts (demonic entities) and after tribulation many of jacob will leave this foreign land behind and go Home to our gorgeous land....paradise.. for she will be restored

this place will be desolated, as per your quote, and as say the prophets chapters....

no one will remember this foreign land anymore or pass this way again...

never again will evil touch our paradise ...
the sons of Him will rule with Christ
and care for and protect our land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back