Christianity Is A FAITH And Not Based On Empiricism And Rationalism

You need to back the verses up starting at :24

THANKS!! I love it. You just can't get enough of scripture. Let's look at it again:

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[b] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[c]

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Like I said, good of you to supply that, but I thought you were going to show something to supposedly refute my informing you that God evangelizes by means of members of the CHURCH. You're confused, aren't you? Tell us more about how babies are born by the urination of women.

You think that, if your god existed, I would not want evidence?!
:ROFLMAO:
Do you really think that if you were presented with evidence, you'd accept it?

Because all I see you doing here is mocking the evidence you're presented with.

You are a textbook example of the person the Bible calls a fool.

Do you really think that if you were presented with evidence, you'd accept it?
Yes.
If a thing convinces me, I would have no choice but to be convinced, in fact.

Some Christians take refuge in thinking not, but that's their problem.
Because all I see you doing here is mocking the evidence you're presented with.
You don't decide what evidence is good enough for me.
You are a textbook example of the person the Bible calls a fool.
And?
If a false book calls me a fool for rejecting its falsehoods, that's a plus, in my book.

Yes.
If a thing convinces me, I would have no choice but to be convinced, in fact.

Some Christians take refuge in thinking not, but that's their problem.

You don't decide what evidence is good enough for me.

And?
If a false book calls me a fool for rejecting its falsehoods, that's a plus, in my book.
Case Closed.

This is wrong, as well as being badly worded, as mixing up disparate words and ideas and concepts that need to be considered and digested separately.

The "faith" aspect of Christianity principally relates to God's intention for future rewards and punishments. Although often worded as "faith in God" e.g. as in the creeds, this misses the point that it is "faith in what God will do according to his promises" as well as "faith in what God has done."

It is 100% based on rationalism, empiricism and history. It is also 100% based on knowledge, and obedience. Knowledge of God is through personal experience, and obedience to Christ is through knowledge of the gospel and of Christ's commands. It is also based on submitting to the Holy Spirit. Christ is a historical figure, as are the prophecies relating to him.

2Th 1:8 "He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus."

These matters are certainly "empirical" : based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.

I would agree to exclude the word "philosophical" although there is a limited scope for philosophy (but much less than many theologians suppose).
I am overjoyed, with a decent amount of religious ecstasy, to allow
my well-written piece in the OP to stand in contrast to your response.

Best

JAG

[]

JAG Writes:

Christianity Is A Faith And Not An Intellectual Philosophical System
Based Upon Rationalism And Empiricism.

Start quote.
"Henry Dodwell argues that matters of religious faith lie outside the
determination of reason. God could not possibly have intended that
reason should be the faculty to lead us to faith, for faith cannot
hang indefinitely is suspense while reason cautiously weighs and
reweighs arguments.

`The Scriptures teach, on the contrary, that the way to God is by
means of the heart, not by means of the intellect . . .What is the
basis of faith? Dodwell answers that it is the faith-producing work
of the Holy Spirit . . .
IMO, the original Christian faith was built on the solid foundation of reason and evidence. Myths were used to capture the most abstract ideas, speculative ideas, regarding cosmogenesis but the precepts for daily life, practical living, are very rational. For example, love your neighbor as yourself, which according to Paul sums up the entire Law of Christ.

If someone promotes superstitions and myths as historical events then I could see why He/she might deny reason can get you there.

But if someone tells me that there is a single, ultimate cause of all matter and souls, then I will believe him because the evidence supports that conclusion. If he also tells me that living a virtuous life is the highest ideal for humans to live then there are reasons to support that conclusion too. For this reason I believe our creator is good, because she, he, or it, gave us the ability to be good through reason and wisdom.

I say the world has had its fill of superstitions and myths. Let’s try something different and actually believe the truth in front of us.

Last edited:
I don't need to.
He has the same bible as I have.
And comes to a very different conclusion. How odd.

I noticed that.
Just because you deleted the content of my post that challenges your thinking on the topic doesn't mean that it doesn't matter or exist.
It means it all was based on the unsupported assumption that the Bible is true.

What it does show is that you don't want to know anything that challenges your beliefs.
You would have to provide something that challenges my beliefs.

I believe you were conditioned as a kid to assume the Bible is true, and the conditioning is so deep you do not even know it.

You think quoting Bible verses will challenge my beliefs, but when you do so without giving me reason why you assume they are true, you are actually confirming my beliefs.

Each person, and people group described, believed that YHVH would do exactly what he had previously promised to do, and YHVH followed through on his end, and fulfilled his terms to them.
I am curious what you are talking about here. It seems to have come completely out of nowhere. What people? Described where?

Is this about Biblical prophecies? How many were written after the event? How many have be re-interpreted to force them to fit the event? How many are just coincidence?

Thus, giving us evidence:
1- he is real
2- he is knowable
3- he will do for us what he promises
4- he cannot lie
And many other such things.
Tell me who these people are, and we can discuss.

I am especially interested in how you concluded he cannot lie.

Your excuses and justifications for your unbelief are like dust in the wind. A decent breeze blows them away, uncovering your self-delusions.
Well we will see.

Fear of The LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

Are you opting out of wisdom?
I keep pointing out to Steve that Christianity is a religion of terror.

Seriously, the guy tells atheists to just believe or they will burn forever in hell, and turns around and talks about love.

As you say, it is not love, it is FEAR that is foundational to this religion.

I keep pointing out to Steve that Christianity is a religion of terror.

So it would terrorize you if you saw someone being slapped who then turned the other cheek for more?l Are you terrorized by love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (fruits of the spirit; Gal 5:22-23)? Does the idea of loving your enemies and doing unto others as you would have them do unto you create fear in your heart?

And comes to a very different conclusion. How odd.
Not really.

Had you actually read Hebrews 11, you would have seen that in believing YHVH, he did exactly what he said he would do for them.
Thus, in believing Him, and his following through on his word to them, they received the results, the benefits, and the evidence of God's reality and his love for them.

In like manner, if I invite you to lunch, giving you the specific address, and time, and location within the pub/restaurant, in order to take the necessary steps to follow through, you'd actually have to believe that I'll be there, at the specified time and place.
You'd have to want to come.

If you don't care, then no matter what, you're not coming.

He and I are talking about the same exact thing, from different perspectives.

His emphasis is on the front end, mine takes into account the back end.

YHVH is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6.

The "reward" is Him.

It means it all was based on the unsupported assumption that the Bible is true.
No. Actually it means that you are do terrified of learning the truth that you have chosen to hide behind your commitment and dedication to deliberate and willful ignorance.

You would have to provide something that challenges my beliefs.
As I stated on @Caroljeen 's OP- you already have everything you need to engage YHVH.

It's a simple matter of volition.
You either want to know the truth or not.
YHVH is there, waiting extended hands, inviting you to come.

Isa 65:1-3 WEB 1 “I am inquired of by those who didn’t ask. I am found by those who didn’t seek me. I said, ‘See me, see me,’ to a nation that was not called by my name. 2 I have spread out my hands all day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts; 3 a people who provoke me to my face continually, .....

He daily extends the invitation.

Isa 55:1-3 WEB 1 “Hey! Come, everyone who thirsts, to the waters! Come, he who has no money, buy, and eat! Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Why do you spend money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which doesn’t satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in richness. 3 Turn your ear, and come to me. Hear, and your soul will live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

Isa 55:6-9 WEB 6 Seek Yahweh while he may be found. Call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts. Let him return to Yahweh, and he will have mercy on him, to our God, for he will freely pardon. 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways,” says Yahweh. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I believe you were conditioned as a kid to assume the Bible is true, and the conditioning is so deep you do not even know it.
YOU BELIEVE....

Sounds like you're biased, and have unfounded preconceptions.

You think quoting Bible verses will challenge my beliefs, but when you do so without giving me reason why you assume they are true, you are actually confirming my beliefs.
You already have everything you need to come to Jesus and find out for yourself.

I don't think that quoting bible verses are going to challenge you.
I pretty much think that you're going to continue doing what you want, mocking, disdaining, being spiteful and malicious just as you've been doing for the past decade or longer.

What I'm doing is giving you God's Word on the matter, and it's up to him to do exactly what he says he will do when his word is presented.

Isa 55:8-11 WEB 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways,” says Yahweh. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky, and doesn’t return there, but waters the earth, and makes it grow and bud, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11 so is my word that goes out of my mouth: it will not return to me void, but it will accomplish that which I please, and it will prosper in the thing I sent it to do.

YHVH is quite clear about this.
It's His Word that accomplishes the purpose he has for it.
To those who turn to him and believe in Jesus, eternal life.
To those who refuse to believe in Jesus, wrath is added to their existing condemnation because they rejected the forgiveness of their error and refused to receive eternal life.

Just as it is written,

Joh 1:12-14 WEB 12 But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God’s children, to those who believe in his name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 The Word became flesh and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the only born Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

I further give the bible, because it is the power of God to salvation for all who believe him.

Rom 10:17 WEB So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Co 1:21 WEB For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

I am curious what you are talking about here. It seems to have come completely out of nowhere. What people? Described where?
In that passage from Hebrews 11 that you deleted from your response to my post.
You'll have to go back and actually read it again to get the answer to this.
Is this about Biblical prophecies?
Did you even read the chapter I posted in my post?
How many were written after the event?
If they were written AFTER the event, they wouldn't actually be prophecies now.

This is the curious thing about this issue.

Isa 41:21-23 WEB 21 Produce your cause,” says Yahweh. “Bring out your strong reasons!” says the King of Jacob. 22 “Let them announce and declare to us what will happen! Declare the former things, what they are, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them; or show us things to come. 23 Declare the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that you are gods. Yes, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and see it together.

How many have be re-interpreted to force them to fit the event?
Considering that they were written by Hebrews, to Hebrews, I'd say that you will have to talk to them about it.

Oneforisrael.org

They're Israeli people who believe in Jesus. Talk to them about it.

How many are just coincidence?
Considering that it's written that YHVH knows everything, from eternity past to eternity future, there are no "coincidences" with him.

We however come in after the fact, so if YHVH told us about it beforehand, then it really doesn't matter if we think it's coincidental or not.

Tell me who these people are, and we can discuss.
They're all defined in Hebrews 11.

I am especially interested in how you concluded he cannot lie.
Experience.
45+ years of experience.
And it's written in the bible.

Num 23:19 WEB God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and he won’t do it? Or has he spoken, and he won’t make it good?

Tit 1:1-3 WEB 1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s chosen ones and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness, 2 in hope of eternal life, which God, who can’t lie, promised before time began; 3 but in his own time revealed his word in the message with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior,

Heb 6:18 WEB that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have a strong encouragement, who have fled for refuge to take hold of the hope set before us.

Well we will see.
Indeed. P

Not really.

Had you actually read Hebrews 11, you would have seen that in believing YHVH, he did exactly what he said he would do for them.
Thus, in believing Him, and his following through on his word to them, they received the results, the benefits, and the evidence of God's reality and his love for them.
And yet one of you insists you believe because of the evidence and the other one that Christianity is based on faith not evidence.

These seem very different to me.

In like manner, if I invite you to lunch, giving you the specific address, and time, and location within the pub/restaurant, in order to take the necessary steps to follow through, you'd actually have to believe that I'll be there, at the specified time and place.
Right. Stop the analogy there. As you say, I would have to believe you will be there.

You were conditioned to believe God will be there as a kid, so you believe. I do not.

YHVH is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6.

The "reward" is Him.
Wow, there is that ego!

The reward is a god who tortures billions to punish them for the "sin" of not loving him.

Did you even read the chapter I posted in my post?
No. I skip most of your posts because they are just Bible verses you are unable to substantiate.

If they were written AFTER the event, they wouldn't actually be prophecies now.
Exactly.

Considering that it's written that YHVH knows everything, from eternity past to eternity future, there are no "coincidences" with him.
As usual, you assume God exists to make your argument.

We however come in after the fact, so if YHVH told us about it beforehand, then it really doesn't matter if we think it's coincidental or not.
It does if you want to convince me.

Experience.
45+ years of experience.
What experience have you had that prove God cannot lie?

And it's written in the bible.

Num 23:19 WEB God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should repent. Has he said, and he won’t do it? Or has he spoken, and he won’t make it good?

Tit 1:1-3 WEB 1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s chosen ones and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness, 2 in hope of eternal life, which God, who can’t lie, promised before time began; 3 but in his own time revealed his word in the message with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior,

Heb 6:18 WEB that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have a strong encouragement, who have fled for refuge to take hold of the hope set before us.
So if someone tells you he cannot lie, you automatically believe him? How do you know the above verses are not lies?

As usual, you assume the Bible is true.

And yet one of you insists you believe because of the evidence and the other one that Christianity is based on faith not evidence.
And yet you keep failing to make the time to actually learn, and are so anally retentive and narrowly focused that you're straining out the gnats while swallowing camels. Big camels too!

We both believe, and we both receive affirmation of our belief in Jesus.

He's emphasizing the front end- it's faith.
That doesn't mean that he hasn't been receiving evidence that God is real and knowable.

I've been examining this for a long time and in the course of my life, I've found that in believing God, he demonstrates himself to me and others who believe him.

Just as it's written in Hebrews 11:1

Heb 11:1 ISV Now faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists.

Faith isn't one of those things where you buy a lottery ticket and hope you're the lucky winner.

It's more like being the adopted child of an extremely wealthy person who promises to include you in their will, and gives you an inheritance.

We wait until the time to inherit.
Thus, we have faith in them, and their promise to us.
As described in Romans 8,

Rom 8:23-26 ISV 23 However, not only the creation, but we who have the first fruits of the Spirit also groan inwardly as we eagerly await our adoption, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For we were saved with this hope in mind. Now a hope that can be observed is not really hope, for who hopes for what can be seen? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet observe, we eagerly wait for it with patience. 26 In the same way, the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, since we do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words,

Thus, we believe IN God, and place our trust in Jesus. We build our faith in his nature and character, we do what Jesus said and read the bible, do what he says and he does his part of his teachings in our lives.
It's actually quite educational.
He made it quite clear that if we keep his teachings, we will show that we love him, we will be loved by him and his Father and they will come and make their home with us.

This is perhaps the most effective method of making himself knowable to us.
He takes up residence in our lives and begins working in our hearts to create a whole new person.
In the new testament letter of 2 Corinthians 5, it says that "if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things have passed away, Behold! All things are new.

What God does in us is to give us a new heart, a new spirit, he takes away the old stony heart of flesh and gives us a new heart of flesh.
He then gives us his Holy Spirit to cause us to live in agreement with his laws, and statutes.

In trusting him, he gives us everything we need to live a godly life.
In living this life, we're given evidence of God's reality, his interactions with us, answered prayer, and numerous other things that demonstrate himself to us.

These seem very different to me.
Perhaps. This just demonstrates that you don't actually know what you're talking about.
You're so tightly bound by your preconceptions and beliefs that you don't see.

In Philippians 4:6-7, God says that we can pray about everything in our lives, instead of being anxious about these things. He says that His peace will act as a sentry, or guard, around our hearts and minds.

God then says in vss 8-9, ifwe focus our thoughts on good, pure, lovely, true, right, just, praiseworthy and honorable things, God will be with us.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of various promises in the bible to his people, where if they do the specified thing, He will do something in our lives.

Thus, by believing God's Word, we will receive evidence of God's reality and love for us.

Right. Stop the analogy there. As you say, I would have to believe you will be there.
Case in point.
You don't want to know or understand.
There are copious everyday things that you believe, and have no problem whatsoever with, but here, you have closed yourself off from, solely because it's God and Jesus and the bible.

These are that which are preventing you from learning the truth.

You were conditioned to believe God will be there as a kid, so you believe. I do not.
Further demonstrating that you are biased, and blinded by your biases and preconceptions.

Wow, there is that ego!
Why, because I believe God, instead of you?
Seems like your ego is so puffed up that you believe that you are a god in your own right, and as such, you're like a fragile crystal, and one tink will cause you to shatter.

Reminding me of what Jesus said.

He is the chief cornerstone of God's household and anyone who falls on him, they will be broken.
But if the stone falls on them, they will be pulverized.
So, you can indeed continue as you are. And you will be pulverized. Or, come to Jesus and be broken.

In the writings of the ancients, it's written,

Those who are repeatedly corrected and refuse to engage will one day be destroyed, and there will be no remedy.

The reward is a god who tortures billions to punish them for the "sin" of not loving him.
Nope. But, as you continue to argue that, you will be judged by your own words.

If you refuse to come follow Jesus, when you die, he will give you exactly what you want.
To be left alone with yourself. Your worst possible nightmare.

The regret will eat you alive....

No. I skip most of your posts because they are just Bible verses you are unable to substantiate.
The substantiation is in the doing.
When you do what Jesus said, you will get all the evidence that is available to everyone who comes to him and believes in Jesus.
As such, they were written a few, to hundreds of years prior to the events.
As usual, you assume God exists to make your argument.
No assumption.
Experience.
You don't actually want to get past your assumptions that he can't exist, so you sit there, in your pile of BS, and accuse me and other Jesus followers of exactly what you're doing.
Assuming.

It's rather interesting that the bible "assumes" that God exists.
"In the beginning God....."

No argument, no detailed information, just the statement-- in the beginning God....

So, the problem you have is that you have to prove that you are the one who is right.

I.e., your assumption is

There is no God.
So, prove it.

He gives us everything we need to know him.

Prove that he doesn't exist.

It does if you want to convince me.
YHVH does the convincing.
You have to decide whether or not you actually want to know.
Jesus was quite clear that he doesn't go around twisting arms, and wrestling people to force them to believe him.

What experience have you had that prove God cannot lie?
I've been describing them for over a decade now.
Don't you ever actually pay attention to what I've posted?

So if someone tells you he cannot lie, you automatically believe him?
It's known as experience.
You should go back through all my posts and read.
Sadly, the work before October 2020 is lost, so you have a problem there.
But, you obviously believe you are an intellectual giant, and know what exists beyond eternity, so you could in fact travel back in time and learn.

How do you know the above verses are not lies?
How do you know enough to claim they are?

As usual, you assume the Bible is true.
Experience.
But since you don't actually want to gain any experience, I'd say that you have chosen to remain ignorant.

And yet you keep failing to make the time to actually learn, and are so anally retentive and narrowly focused that you're straining out the gnats while swallowing camels. Big camels too!
And yet here I am asking you for evidence!

I am happy to find the time to look at the evidence. The issue is that you have. Or at rather, none that does not assume Christianity is true.

We both believe, and we both receive affirmation of our belief in Jesus.
I am sure you agree on lots of stuff.

On the issue of evidence for Christianity - the issue under discussion - you are diametrically opposed. He says it is faith not evidence, you say it is all evidence.

I've been examining this for a long time and in the course of my life, I've found that in believing God, he demonstrates himself to me and others who believe him.
Right, the important bit being "in believing God". Just believe in Jesus through blind faith - as JAG says.

As you were conditioned to do as a child.

Once you have that blind faith THEN you will surely be able to search out ways to rationalise it, and call that evidence.

Just as it's written in Hebrews 11:1
And if we just believe the Bible is true by blind faith, we will surely see the Bible is true.

Thus, we believe IN God, and place our trust in Jesus. We build our faith in his nature and character, we do what Jesus said and read the bible, do what he says and he does his part of his teachings in our lives.
Do you? Jesus told his followers to give away all their wealth.

Luke 12:32 ‘Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor.

Or do you just go with the usual excuses Christians have so they can keep their nice things.

Luke 6:20 Looking at his disciples, he said:
‘Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
24 ‘But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.

Are you more affluent that most people in the world? Have your own house, your own car, etc.? Woe to you then.

Or do you choose to ignore that part of the Bible?

He made it quite clear that if we keep his teachings, we will show that we love him, we will be loved by him and his Father and they will come and make their home with us.
Then you can assure me that you do keep his teaches, and sold all your possessions and gave away the money.

That is what Jesus did. It is what the disciples did. It is what he taught his followers to do. But it is not that convenient, so most Christians do their best to rationalise it away.

Perhaps. This just demonstrates that you don't actually know what you're talking about.
You're so tightly bound by your preconceptions and beliefs that you don't see.
That may well be the case.

Can you admit that it could be the case for you?

Or is the conditioning too deep?

Jesus told his followers to give away all their wealth.

Luke 12:32 ‘Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.

[/I][/INDENT]

Yesterday you were claiming that Christianity was a terrorist religion. Today you quote its Founder expressing sentiments that are the antithesis of terrorism.

Your usual flip-floppery.

And yet here I am asking you for evidence!

I am happy to find the time to look at the evidence. The issue is that you have. Or at rather, none that does not assume Christianity is true.
Having skimmed through your blog, and seen your repeated thoughts on christianity, and some of the writers who have testified of Jesus, as well as your expressly stated opinions here....

the most effective method of evidential analysis is for you to do what Jesus said for yourself and then you get to work through it.

this way, you will have the wherewithal to actually know if your methods are assuming that you are right or not.

I am sure you agree on lots of stuff.
Well, just as long as you are sure, the truth is immaterial. It only matters that you are sure.

On the issue of evidence for Christianity - the issue under discussion - you are diametrically opposed. He says it is faith not evidence, you say it is all evidence.
I'm not talking christianity. You've been quite clear that you despise christianity.
So, examine Jesus.
Jesus is who this is about anyway. So dig into him, and his life, and his teachings.

Right, the important bit being "in believing God". Just believe in Jesus through blind faith - as JAG says.
You believe IN your mode of transportation. You believe IN the key/combination locking mechanism that allows you to protect, and access your place of residence.
You believe IN your source of income, so you can acquire food, pay utilities, buy goods and services so you can live.

The fact that you don't actually recognize that, and then mock the concept when it comes to YHVH and Jesus demonstrates to me that you're either extremely immature or not very bright.

As you were conditioned to do as a child.
Still demonstrating your dedication and commitment to your deliberate and willful ignorance I see.

Once you have that blind faith THEN you will surely be able to search out ways to rationalise it, and call that evidence.
Well, I suppose you would know. You just demonstrated it a moment ago in your comment above regarding your belief that I was conditioned from childhood.

And if we just believe the Bible is true by blind faith, we will surely see the Bible is true.
Exactly like you believe that the form of money you use to make purchases, the method you use to lock and unlock your home and vehicles, and the passwords you use to access your technology....

Do you? Jesus told his followers to give away all their wealth.

Luke 12:32 ‘Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Or do you just go with the usual excuses Christians have so they can keep their nice things.​
I did. Why, are you afraid that you won't be able to live on earth, and God will make you a pauper?

Jesus also said,
Of what value is it if you gain the whole world and lose your soul?
What price would you give in exchange for your life?

How much is your life worth to you? Is it worth keeping what you will lose upon your death, to throw away what God gave you to enjoy forever?

A missionary, back in the 50's stated,

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

So, just how much is your life worth to you?

Are you more affluent that most people in the world? Have your own house, your own car, etc.? Woe to you then.
I'd be careful if I were you.
God has explicitly stated the following

Psa 50:16-23 WEB 16 But to the wicked God says, “What right do you have to declare my statutes, that you have taken my covenant on your lips, 17 since you hate instruction, and throw my words behind you? 18 When you saw a thief, you consented with him, and have participated with adulterers. 19 “You give your mouth to evil. Your tongue frames deceit. 20 You sit and speak against your brother. You slander your own mother’s son. 21 You have done these things, and I kept silent. You thought that I was just like you. I will rebuke you, and accuse you in front of your eyes. 22 “Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you into pieces, and there be no one to deliver. 23 Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, and prepares his way so that I will show God’s salvation to him.”

Ecc 8:11 WEB Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

The question you want to ask yourself is do you actually have enough resources to pay the bill when death comes.

Mocking what you don't understand only shows the magnitude of your folly.

Or do you choose to ignore that part of the Bible?
I've read the bible through, several times over the past 45+ years.
How many times have you read it through?

Then you can assure me that you do keep his teaches, and sold all your possessions and gave away the money.
It doesn't matter what I claim. You've made that abundantly clear.
Your hypocrisy on that much is obvious.

Or didn't you actually read the bible and pay attention to that part?

That is what Jesus did. It is what the disciples did. It is what he taught his followers to do. But it is not that convenient, so most Christians do their best to rationalise it away.

Indeed it is.
so why are you afraid of it?
The day of judgment is coming, regardless.
The best you can do is to prepare yourself to be ready for it.

It's often said that life is short. Go for the gusto and grab all you can.

The more mature manner to look at it is-
Life is short. Eternity is long. It'd be wise to prepare for it.

That may well be the case.

Can you admit that it could be the case for you?
I already have.
Repeatedly.

It's exactly why I continue to read the bible, talk to God daily, and often throughout my day, so I can gain a more accurate perspective and understanding of reality.

He is after all the only one who is outside of time and space and can see eternity, from start to finish.

A habit that would behoove you to take up.

Or is the conditioning too deep?

Back