Christians: admit what you don't know

Wouldn't you rather walk by sight?
Walking by sight has severe limitations and carries greater consequences than most people are aware.

Eg, you show up on the job one day and the boss rips you a new derriere for no apparent reason. And when you try to find out why, it just gets worse for you.

So, after working for a couple days, you learn that the boss's mom died in a horrendous accident that for inexplicable reasons, he feels responsible for.

Walking by sight would have resulted in you doing something that was unnecessary, or dangerous.

Walking in a manner that views the eternal, and not the temporal gave you the perspective that his outburst had nothing to do with you or your work...

This is just one of thousands of different things that make walking by sight invalid.

Wouldn't you rather walk by sight?
Yes I would, and I think in a sense I do... @Dizerner

Psalm 119:105 NIV; Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

This is the way I would describe Walking by Faith. Spiritually speaking, we walk in a Dark World where we cannot Walk by Sight due to Spiritual Darkness. Perhaps you would agree that Christians are in the dark? When we use the Bible as a Lamp to our feet, it Lights our Path. Walking with the Lamp is what it's like to Walk by Faith. It is a Light that you probably agree Atheists don't see, so when we Walk by 'it'; we are Walking by Faith in a Light which is not seen by you. If we Walk by Sight in a World which is Spiritual, without a Lamp to our feet, it's like the Blind leading the Blind. Sure, we can Walk by Sight in a World with Worldly eyes, but we cannot see the Spiritual World; so in that sense we are Walking in the Dark. We can't see the Infrared wave-length, so we're not walking by an Infra-red Lamp. If we could see in Infrared, we'd be walking by an Infrared Lamp to our feet; to Light our Path in the Infrared...

2nd Kings 6:17 NIV; And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

If the Bible is True, all of the sudden Elisha's Servant could see the Angels of God surrounding them at their defense; now THAT'S Walking by Faith, by a Spiritual Lamp that Lights his Path; enabling him to see the Spiritual Warfare. This would be like seeing Camouflaged Soldier's body-heat in the Infrared...

Last edited:
Back