Christians that don't believe in any hell, or even that the Bible is God's word

Purehart

I remember the New Age movement from decades back, but had no idea that some Jesus believing people are saying that the religion that hurts Christians is anything, or person that preaches from the Holy Bible. I was questioning a few of these folks and they went on to say that the relationship with Jesus is what matters, but this can only come from Christ conciousness. One guy shared that Jesus wept.. But then attacked the Bible. It used to be common to hear the New Age terms, but these folks don't don't even go that direction. "We are true Christians"
I asked how they knew if something was of God and I was told that everything is. Sounds new age, right?
I would say least say that they are following strange teachings that tickle their ears. Hmmm.

PS. It was a difficult debate. I shared that they seem to clearly have no absolute, but relativism.

Leatherneck0311

I remember the New Age movement from decades back, but had no idea that some Jesus believing people are saying that the religion that hurts Christians is anything, or person that preaches from the Holy Bible. I was questioning a few of these folks and they went on to say that the relationship with Jesus is what matters, but this can only come from Christ conciousness. One guy shared that Jesus wept.. But then attacked the Bible. It used to be common to hear the New Age terms, but these folks don't don't even go that direction. "We are true Christians"
I asked how they knew if something was of God and I was told that everything is. Sounds new age, right?
I would say least say that they are following strange teachings that tickle their ears. Hmmm.

PS. It was a difficult debate. I shared that they seem to clearly have no absolute, but relativism.
I believe a Christian would not call or imply that Jesus is a liar( Jesus taught that hell is a real place) and or deny God’s word.

BMS

This is happenning more and more. Probably the warning that people wont put up with sound doctrine.
Jesus said if we love Him we will obey His teaching. That is part of the relationship.

Its only going to get worse as the western world abandons evidence based reality.

We are perhaps much nearer the end time than we realise

vbj

These days anybody can claim anything. Doesn't mean what was claimed is true. The Christ-consciousness gibberish is gnosticism or some form of it. "We are true Christians" = deceptive marketing to get more people.