Christ's Resurrection

Dant01

Acts 2:32 . . . God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the
fact.

Were a Watchtower Society missionary to be questioned if they believe that Jesus
Christ rose from the dead, I can assure you they would answer in the affirmative.
However, they and the interviewer wouldn't be speaking the same language as the
conversation would be talking about two very different processes that go by the
same name. In other words: the interviewer would soon find themselves thrown off
by semantic double speak.

The classical Christian understanding of Christ's resurrection is common throughout
the gospels; viz: Jesus Christ's dead, crucified body was restored to life as per John
2:19-22.

"Jesus said to them: Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Therefore the Jews said: This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise
it up in three days? But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, though,
he was raised up from the dead, his disciples called to mind that he used to say
this; and they believed the Scripture and the saying that Jesus said."

You see, if Jesus' dead, crucified body had not been restored to life, that entire
passage would be easily proven false. But according to the Watchtower Society's
way of seeing things; Christ's dead, crucified body didn't return to life at all; and
here's why.

In Watchtower Society theology, an angel named Michael volunteered to come to
the earth to die for humanity's sins. But in order to do so; he had to relinquish his
angel existence to become a human existence seeing as how in Society theology it
is impossible for someone to exist as a spirit being and a physical being
simultaneously. However, when Michael expired, he didn't go completely out of
existence. Instead, his so-called "life force" remained intact and was transferred to
a human form.

"the transferal of the life of his firstborn Son from the spirit realm to earth. Only in
this way could the child eventually born have retained identity as the same person
who had resided in heaven as the Word.
" (Aid to Bible Understanding, 1971, p.920)

"He had to become a perfect man and yet not lose his continuity of life. His life
force was not to be extinguished but would be transferred to the ovum of the virgin
girl, Mary.
" (Watchtower magazine, 2-15-82, p.7)

But Michael's existence as a physical being was only temporary. When his human
form passed away on the cross, the Society claims that God transferred Michael's
life force back into his angel form thus restoring him to his former spirit existence;
leaving the corpse of his human existence in a permanent state of decease.

NOTE: The Society teaches that death terminates existence; but apparently not
entirely because the Society also believes that at death, an angel's life force was
transferred to another form-- in Michael's case, from a spirit form to a physical
form; in effect, preserving a portion of Michael's existence so it could be re
transferred later when God went about restoring Michael to his former existence.

It could be argued that Jesus lives on in the body of an angel; but that wouldn't be
true seeing as how Jesus' life force would've been Michael's to begin with.

The Society has to accept the obvious fact that their doctrine implies that Jesus
Christ was never really fully human, rather, he was an amalgam of angel and
human seeing as how it was the life force of an angel that kept Jesus' human body
alive. In other words: the Society's Jesus wasn't an organic human in the normal
sense, rather; he was an organic angel.

FYI: The Society maintains that Michael's crucified human form had to stay dead so
he could be an angel again. But that's not the only reason the Society gives for
keeping Michael's human remains perpetually deceased. An additional explanation
is given on page 237 of the April 15, 1963 issue of the Watchtower magazine;
where it's stated:

"If Jesus were to take his body of flesh, blood, and bones to heaven and enjoy
them there, what would this mean? It would mean that there would be no
resurrection of the dead for anybody. Why not? Because Jesus would be taking his
sacrifice off God's altar.
"

There is a really, really big flaw in the Society's theology; and that's Michael's
human remains. In order to confirm that his crucified human body stayed dead, the
Society is going to have produce it. A piece of evidence of that significance can't be
allowed to just slip through a crack unnoticed as if it makes no difference. As Carl
Sagan once said: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Till then,
we should reckon that when the Bible speaks of Jesus Christ's resurrection, it's
talking about a human corpse rather than an angel's.
_

The Prophet

It is quite clear that the I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. "Jehovah" died and came back to life

Isaiah 41

1 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the people renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak: let us come near together to judgment. 2 Who raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him, and made him rule over kings? he gave them as the dust to his sword, and as driven stubble to his bow. 3 He pursued them, and passed safely; even by the way that he had not gone with his feet. 4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44

6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48

12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation 1

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 2

8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 22

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Dant01

Acts 1:1-3 . .The first account, O Theophilus, I composed about all the things
Jesus started both to do and to teach, until the day that he was taken up, after he
had given commandment through holy spirit to the apostles whom he chose. To
these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered.

The Watchtower Society's version of those "positive proofs" is interesting.

In order to show his friends that their savior was back from death, the arch angel
Michael is alleged to have materialized an artificial Jesus that was in all respects
just as physical, and just as functional, as the real Jesus.

However:

1» The New Testament never even one time, on any occasion, nor under any
circumstances, nor in any situation, either attests, alleges, alludes, or states that
an angel named Michael appeared to Christ's disciples cloaked in a human avatar.

2» The Society's Michael never once let on to his friends that he was an angel in
disguise. He led them to believe that his avatar was the actual Jesus Christ they all
knew prior to his crucifixion.

3» Passing one's self off in the guise of a dead man is the lowest form of identity
theft imaginable. It's what I expect from human beings, but that is not the kind of
behavior I have a right to expect from an arch angel.

4» A so-called materialized body is a counterfeit.

5» Neither Paul, nor Peter, nor John, nor James, nor Jude, ever even one single
instance in any of their writings identify Jesus Christ as an angel named Michael:
not once. You'd think that if Jesus Christ is currently an angel who goes by the
name of Michael, those men would have said so because that would be a really big
deal.

FAQ: Why make an issue of the nature of Christ's resurrection?

A: Were I the Devil, I would do my utmost best to disprove the resurrection of
Jesus Christ's crucified dead body because his crucifixion is only half enough to
protect people from the wrath of God. Though his physical body's death obtains
forgiveness for people's sins, its death doesn't gain exoneration.

Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered up for the sake of our trespasses, and was raised
up for the sake of declaring us righteous.

The Greek word translated "righteous" is dikaiosis (dik-ah'-yo-sis) which means
acquittal; defined as an adjudication of innocence.

People merely forgiven still carry a load of guilt; viz: they have a criminal record.
Christ's physical resurrection deletes their record so that on the books, it's as
though they've never been anything but 100% innocent.

This clearing of one's guilt that I'm talking about is obtained via the kindness and
generosity of God through belief in the resurrection of Christ's crucified dead body.
If the Devil can succeed in convincing people that Jesus' crucified body is still dead
or, even better yet, make them question whether the man even existed at all; then
they will fail to obtain an acquittal, and consequently end up put to death in
brimstone because records are to be reviewed when people stand to face justice at
the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

Of all the doctrines invented by the Watchtower Society, I'd have to say that their
resurrection story is the most insidious because belief in the recovery of Christ's
corpse is one of the essential elements of the gospel that must be accepted if one is
to have any chance at all of escaping the sum of all fears.

1Cor 15:17 . . Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you
are yet in your sins.

NOTE: According to 1Cor 15:34, people that disbelieve Jesus Christ's corpse was
restored to life aren't fully conscious; viz: they're like someone in a stupor; i.e.
dazed.
_

Last edited: