Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross

Instead of trying to play word games with Aramaic and Greek words you don't understand, why don't we listen to what the ECF's taught:

And I say unto thee, Thou art Peter, and upon this rock will I build my Church; that is, on the faith of his confession. Hereby He signifies that many were now on the point of believing, and raises his spirit, and makes him a shepherd."
-- Chrysostom, Homily LIV,

"And wherefore said He not, But I did not suffer it, rather than, I have prayed? He speaks from this time lowly things, on His way to His passion, that He may show His humanity. For He that has built His church upon Peter's confession, and has so fortified it, that ten thousand dangers and deaths are not to prevail over it;"
-- Chrysostom, Homily LXXXIV

In a passage in this book, I said about the Apostle Peter: On him as on a rock the Church was builtBut I know that very frequently at a later time, I so explained what the Lord said: Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, that it be understood as built upon Him whom Peter confessed saying: Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God, and so Peter, called after this rock, represented the person of the Church which is built upon this rock, and has received the keys of the kingdom of heaven. For, Thou art Peter and not Thou art the rock was said to him. But the rock was Christ, in confessing whom, as also the whole Church confesses, Simon was called Peter. But let the reader decide which of these two opinions is the more probable.
Augustine Retractions

"To Peter the Father revealed that he should say, Thou art the Son of the living God. Therefore the building of the Church is upon this rock of confession; this faith is the foundation of the Church.
Hilary

Faith, then, is the foundation of the Church, for it was not said of Peters flesh, but of his faith, that the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. But his confession of faith conquered hell.
Ambrose of Milan, On the Sacrament of the Incarnation of the Lord, Ch. 5

"When [Peter] wisely and blamelessly confessed his faith to Jesus saying, 'You are Christ, Son of the living God,' Jesus said to divine Peter: 'You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church.' Now by the word 'rock', Jesus indicated, I think, the immovable faith of the disciple.
-- Cyril of Alexandria, Commentary on Isaiah 4.2

For all bear the surname rock who are the imitators of Christ, that is, of the spiritual rock which followed those who are being saved, that they may drink from it the spiritual draught. But these bear the surname of rock just as Christ does. But also as members of Christ deriving their surname from Him they are called Christians, and from the rock, Peters.
-- Origen, Commentary on the Gospel of Matthew (Book XII), sect. 10,11

"Christ, you see, built his Church not on a man but on Peter's confession. What is Peter's confession? 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' There's the rock for you, there's the foundation, there's where the Church has been built, which the gates of the underworld cannot conquer."
-- Augustine, John Rotelle, O.S.A., Ed., The Works of Saint Augustine, © 1993 New City Press, Sermons, Vol III/6, Sermon 229P.1, p. 327

"You are Peter and on this rock from which you have taken your name, that is, on myself, I will build my Church, upon that perfection of faith which you confessed I will build my Church by whose society of confession should anyone deviate although in himself he seems to do great things he does not belong to the building of my Church...Metaphorically it is said to him on this rock, that is, the Saviour which you confessed, the Church is to be built, who granted participation to the faithful confessor of his name."
-- Bede, Homily 23, M.P.L., Vol. 94, Col. 260. Cited by Karlfried Froehlich, Formen, Footnote #204, p. 156.

"It will not be moved is said about the Church to which alone that promise has been given: 'You are Peter and upon this rock I shall build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.' For the Church cannot be moved because it is known to have been founded on that most solid rock, namely, Christ the Lord."
-- Cassiodorus, Expositions in the Psalms, Psalm 45.5, M.P.L., Vol. 70, Col. 330)

Makes one wonder, Theo, how the RCC got this so colossolally wrong, doesn't it...?

Makes one wonder, Theo, how the RCC got this so colossolally wrong, doesn't it...?
They cover all the bases. Everything means everything;

CCC 424 Moved by the grace of the Holy Spirit and drawn by the Father, we believe in Jesus and confess: 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. On the rock of this faith confessed by St. Peter, Christ built his Church.

So here the rock is the confession.

CCC 424 Moved by the grace of the Holy Spirit and drawn by the Father, we believe in Jesus and confess: 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. On the rock of this faith confessed by St. Peter, Christ built his Church.

You mean everything means everything and not most things.

So, they teach against their own Catechism.

Let me see:

1. The RCC is just a denomination and it was NOT established by Jesus. It does not look or act like His church.
2. Not true, name the ones who do that.
3. Not all believe that. But once again it is a belief RCs do not understand and it would fit in with the RC sin and confess, sin and confess false teachings
4. Not all believe that, all true believers know that is a false teaching. If you cannot teach it in the poorest of societies, it is not the gospel message.
5. Dual nature that seems to be an RC teaching as well. Isn't that why the RCC has confession. I mean your priests would be a perfect example of those with dual natures.
6. It is only a symbol, it is paganism to believe you can consume God.
7. That is a false and misuse of a quote by Luther and RCs love it. But RCs do go and sin boldly especially their leadership. They are the greatest sexually immoral sinners of all times - molesting children, abusing children, raping nuns, having children out of wedlock and practicing homosexuals.
8. RCs remarry after their divorces that they call annulments. Calling it by another name just makes them hypocrites.
9. Not all belief in that but then most RC couples do it.
10. First case of IVF in this country was used by an RC friend I went to school with. RCs are all talk but actions speak.
11. RCs like to claim they are so Jewish but going to synagogues is not compulsory and it is not the only way to honour God on the Sabbath. All the churches I have been to except the RC have encourage Sunday and mid week servcies and bible studies. a As I say actions speak:

In 1996, around 864,000 people attended Sunday Masses in Australia – 18 per cent of the Australian Catholic population.

But by 2016, Sunday Mass attendance rates across the country had dropped to just 11.8 per cent of all Catholics.

The number of Mass-going Catholics reduced by a third between 1996 and 2016, at the rate of around 12,000 people a year. (from catholic weekly)

It appears most RCs don't attend mass.

Your post shows the RC ignorance of the beliefs of others, that they are hypocrites when it comes to what RCs actually practice. The evidence is in:

1. The RC leaders sin and sin boldly and grace is not growing. They commit sin or do not expose it which makes them part of the sin they ignore.

2. RCs criticize others for what they do and the statistics prove that to be so.

3. They do not know their own history and stories.

None of what the poster wrote are taught to save a person. It does show that the RCs talk a good talk but the actions of the RCC is not the same as the talk.
Wow! Sunday attendance at Mass at a parish Church isn't just expected; It's a MORAL OBLIGATION, according to the Roman Catholic Church. Not going to Sunday Mass without a worthy excuse, is considered a grave sin by the RCC. But in time, the Roman Catholic Church would have all to take notice, know and realize, that although many "born-again" Christians attend church services on Sunday, that now Rome has spoken and hence Roman Catholics could now also choose to attend their Church's Mass on Saturday evenings instead of on Sunday mornings, in order to fulfill the Roman Catholic Churches Sunday requirement.

Last edited:
Wow! Sunday attendance at Mass at a parish Church isn't just expected; It's a MORAL OBLIGATION, according to the Roman Catholic Church. Not going to Sunday Mass without a worthy excuse, is considered a grave sin by the RCC. But in time, the Roman Catholic Church would have all to take notice, know and realize, that although many "born-again" Christians attend church services on Sunday, that now Rome has spoken and hence Roman Catholics could now also choose to attend their Church's Mass on Saturday evenings instead of on Sunday mornings, in order to fulfill the Roman Catholic Churches Sunday requirement.
Not going to mass was a mortal sin when I was young, unless of course you were sick.

Back