Church treasury

balshan

Among a list of false doctrines that has come out of the RCC. This one is extremely interesting.

1476 We also call these spiritual goods of the communion of saints the Church's treasury, which is "not the sum total of the material goods which have accumulated during the course of the centuries. On the contrary the 'treasury of the Church' is the infinite value, which can never be exhausted, which Christ's merits have before God. They were offered so that the whole of mankind could be set free from sin and attain communion with the Father. In Christ, the Redeemer himself, the satisfactions and merits of his Redemption exist and find their efficacy."

1477"This treasury includes as well the prayers and good works of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They are truly immense, unfathomable, and even pristine in their value before God. In the treasury, too, are the prayers and good works of all the saints, all those who have followed in the footsteps of Christ the Lord and by his grace have made their lives holy and carried out the mission in the unity of the Mystical Body."

I wonder how they support this false doctrine? It seems to once again show RCC reliance on Mary.

A list of false teachings can be found here -

PeanutGallery

'treasury of the Church' is the infinite value ...
If that is the case, why is not infinitely invested in freeing those in the so-called purgatory, instead on relying on limited indulgences.

balshan

'treasury of the Church' is the infinite value ...
If that is the case, why is not infinitely invested in freeing those in the so-called purgatory, instead on relying on limited indulgences.
Excellent question. Maybe all the world past, present and future will be saved with this infinite investment?

ding

Among a list of false doctrines that has come out of the RCC. This one is extremely interesting.

1476 We also call these spiritual goods of the communion of saints the Church's treasury, which is "not the sum total of the material goods which have accumulated during the course of the centuries. On the contrary the 'treasury of the Church' is the infinite value, which can never be exhausted, which Christ's merits have before God. They were offered so that the whole of mankind could be set free from sin and attain communion with the Father. In Christ, the Redeemer himself, the satisfactions and merits of his Redemption exist and find their efficacy."

1477"This treasury includes as well the prayers and good works of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They are truly immense, unfathomable, and even pristine in their value before God. In the treasury, too, are the prayers and good works of all the saints, all those who have followed in the footsteps of Christ the Lord and by his grace have made their lives holy and carried out the mission in the unity of the Mystical Body."

I wonder how they support this false doctrine? It seems to once again show RCC reliance on Mary.

A list of false teachings can be found here -
It is not a false teaching.

balshan

Because Jesus keeps the Catholic Church from teaching errors.
Rubbish. It has loads of false teachings. No apostle ever prayed to anyone other than the Lord for a start. You answer is just another cop out and shows no discernment at all.

If it never teaches error, then why did those of us who are older get taught about babies going to Limbo for a start. I know it is not doctrine but it was taught throughout the RCC, for centuries. We are told in scripture to discern the fruit to know the spirit behind things. The fruits of your institution throughout the centuries shout out it is under the control of the father of lies.

PeanutGallery

Because Jesus keeps the Catholic Church from teaching errors.
God's inspired word states otherwise:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

ding

God's inspired word states otherwise:

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Acts 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
But you haven't been given any authority.

balshan

But you haven't been given any authority.
God is the authority. It came from His word. There is no higher authority than God. By the way that is no defence for your beliefs. That is like a child saying. I am right and of course the childish response is you are wrong. Once again it shows you just follow the RCC.

balshan

By the way nice attempt at diverting off the op. The church treasury is another false teaching of the RCC.

ding

Rubbish. It has loads of false teachings. No apostle ever prayed to anyone other than the Lord for a start. You answer is just another cop out and shows no discernment at all.

If it never teaches error, then why did those of us who are older get taught about babies going to Limbo for a start. I know it is not doctrine but it was taught throughout the RCC, for centuries. We are told in scripture to discern the fruit to know the spirit behind things. The fruits of your institution throughout the centuries shout out it is under the control of the father of lies.
The father of lies tries to discredit the authority of the Pope.

balshan

The father of lies tries to discredit the authority of the Pope.
Wishful thinking. Again you offer no evidence for your assumption and it dishonours God to pretend He gave the pope authority. You do know the history of your popes don't you? You know how evil they were.

ding

By the way nice attempt at diverting off the op. The church treasury is another false teaching of the RCC.
If the Catholic Church teaches it then by default it is not a false teaching. If we want to know what we are to believe as Christian it is what the Catholic Church teaches. Anything contrary to its teaching is a false teaching.