Circular Reasoning

Bonnie said:
We can also be born again simply when we come to faith in Jesus Christ, even before baptism, as Cornelius and his family and friends did, in Acts 10.
that is true and we call it the baptism of desire but the normative way is the sacrament of baptism as jesus taught us (john3:5).

what about romans 10?
the rcc 'baptism of desire' is not the rebirth. the rebirth is not about the rcc. It is about believing in and following Christ from one's heart. catholics toss in some lip service about Him here and there, but their hearts are far from Him. He is not the center of the catholic life, the rcc is.

sorry for that.
ok, here is my understanding of the word 'through' as used in ephesians 2.
it says we are saved through faith but it is not faith in and of itself that saved us.
it is the gratuitous gift of God's grace that saves us.
this is the reason that we believe that in baptism, one is saved by the grace of God through the faith of the parents in infants or through the faith of the individual for adults.

are we now in agreement on my understanding of the word 'through' as used by Paul?
No

the rcc 'baptism of desire' is not the rebirth. the rebirth is not about the rcc. It is about believing in and following Christ from one's heart. catholics toss in some lip service about Him here and there, but their hearts are far from Him. He is not the center of the catholic life, the rcc is.
Didn't that come about with the crusades, to cover those who died and weren't baptised???????????? Or is that the baptism of blood.

mica said:
Didn't that come about with the crusades, to cover those who died and weren't baptised???????????? Or is that the baptism of blood.
by desire I think is if they can't get a priest to give them last rites before they die. A Christian doesn't need a priest or last rites. blood is for a catholic they claim is martyred. the rcc provides many false escapes for them.

by desire I think is if they can't get a priest to give them last rites before they die. A Christian doesn't need a priest or last rites. blood is for a catholic they claim is martyred. the rcc provides many false escapes for them.
You are right. It is confusing how many forms of baptism there are for RCs.

yes, I'm in it everyday. how about you? your posts show that you don't know the basics found in it. what is the Gospel ??
The Gospel....
- designates a written record of Christs words and deeds.
- “the good news of the kingdom” (cf. Matt., iv, 23; Mark, i, 15).
- denotes the good tidings of salvation announced to the world in connection with Jesus Christ, and, in a more general way, the whole revelation of Redemption by Christ (cf. Matt., ix, 35; xxiv, 14; etc.; Mark, i, 14; xiii, 10; xvi, 15; Acts, xx, 24; Rom., i, 1, 9, 16; x, 16; etc.)

now, let us hear from you...

The Gospel....

Good News/Tidings which in Hebrew is a verb expressed as bsr the noun form of which is bsr flesh.

See John 1:14.

- denotes the good tidings of salvation announced to the world in connection with Jesus Christ, and, in a more general way, the whole revelation of Redemption by Christ (cf. Matt., ix, 35; xxiv, 14; etc.; Mark, i, 14; xiii, 10; xvi, 15; Acts, xx, 24; Rom., i, 1, 9, 16; x, 16; etc.)

I would most simply define the Good News as that flesh which hung dead on a cross and the name of this Good News is Jesus.

Rome's Good News seems to be Papal Bulls and Encyclicals, etc. etc.

the normative way is what jesus said in john3: 3-5.

where is your verse that born again is believing and following christ from one's heart?

Good News/Tidings which in Hebrew is a verb expressed as bsr the noun form of which is bsr flesh.

See John 1:14.

I would most simply define the Good News as that flesh which hung dead on a cross and the name of this Good News is Jesus.

Rome's Good News seems to be Papal Bulls and Encyclicals, etc. etc.
our good news is jesus christ, both head and body; both groom and bride.

it is not the head/groom minus the body/bride.

The Gospel....

where did you copy those references from? the ccc? you should know by now that I'm not going down one of your catholic rabbit holes. If you think any of those verses is the gospel then post the actual verse(s).

the Gospel is clear and specific. I'll take it that you don't know what it is.

where did you copy those references from? the ccc? you should know by now that I'm not going down one of your catholic rabbit holes. If you think any of those verses is the gospel then post the actual verse(s).

the Gospel is clear and specific. I'll take it that you don't know what it is.
if you do not agree, why not post your version of the gospel.

Back