Circular Reasoning

God is "the creator", and as creator God has full authority over all mankind and all creation, and he has spoken through his Word. We live and breathe under the authority of God himself.
What was the point of His using Apostles who taught by His authority if there was no need for a living, teaching Church on earth?

What was the point of His using Apostles who taught by His authority if there was no need for a living, teaching Church on earth?
They taught the truth and made no false claims. Your leaders have no authority because they lie, they hide sin, they teach false doctrines especially the Marian Doctrines etc. They do not show they are His, therefore have no authority at all.

Do Roman Catholics purposely choose to ignore the obvious fact that their 'church' thrives on it's constant use of circular reasoning?
Do you mean circular as in "I believe therefore I am saved since I'm saved I believe." Is that what you mean "circular"?

JoeT

God is "the creator", and as creator God has full authority over all mankind and all creation, and he has spoken through his Word. We live and breathe under the authority of God himself.
Who speaks for God? There are many competing factions who say they do, and they all claim that what they say is true and correct.

mica said:
iow, you don't trust in God.
No, I don't trust you
did I claim to be God? what post # was that in? your post is just another catholic distraction / detour.

and the men whom you follow with their pronouncements on religious matters.
I follow the teachings found in scripture - those of Jesus, Peter, Paul. John, James etc, - those are teachings that catholics don't read, know or understand. the rcc men make up their own beliefs and teach a man made religion.

catholics are the ones who follow the rcc men with their pronouncements on religious matters, instead of God's word.

A new day said:
Who speaks for God?
the Holy Spirit, those who penned His word and those who actually do believe in Him and His word - they read it, study it and believe it.

There are many competing factions who say they do, and they all claim that what they say is true and correct.
yep, catholicism is one of many of them.

Who speaks for God? There are many competing factions who say they do, and they all claim that what they say is true and correct.
Scripture was already inspired and written long, long, long before the Rcc came into existence. Your own Rc catechism says..... God speaks to man, through His inspired word. I already posted quotes from your Rc catechism verbatim. And you still want to resist the idea, that God is fully able to communicate His will to men and women without any Rc leader.

Rc's don't seem to really care about the gospel message reaching people in places where there are NO Rccs. Or any Christian churches for that matter. As long as Rc's can eat their wafers and pray TO mary, saints, and dead people. Or about their many deeds that might get them into heaven.

All conversations get led back around to the Rcc, and mary. No matter what is being discussed. The Rc's god is NOT the creator of heaven and earth, but mary, church, angels, and dead people.

We bring up Scripture, and Rc's fight it, tooth and nail and praise and praise and praise and praise their church and mary to death. And then wonder why everyone thinks your god is mary. That is all rc's talk about.

I bring up about God being the author of Scripture, and you declare the Rcc as god because you say it has authority, so it must be god. Circular reasoning to a capitol T. Your focus is not on Christ, but Rcc leaders and mary.

I bring up about God being the author of Scripture, and you declare the Rcc as god because you say it has authority, so it must be god.
Were the Apostles God because of their authority? Was the Council of Jerusalem God because of its authority? How is that authority different from leadership and Councils today?

Were the Apostles God because of their authority? Was the Council of Jerusalem God because of its authority? How is that authority different from leadership and Councils today?
Well they were lead by the HS and their actions were not evil, they followed God's word and they did not add to it like your leaders do, they taught the truth. They were so different from the RC councils and leadership which hides sin, allows children to be molested by moving evil leaders around, by not expelling said leaders, your leaders teach another gospel.

A new day said:
I bring up about God being the author of Scripture, and you declare the Rcc as god because you say it has authority, so it must be god.
Were the Apostles God because of their authority? Was the Council of Jerusalem God because of its authority?
no, no believer said that. you're making things up. that's something a catholic would claim.

the apostles are those who did believe in Christ and follow Him, unlike catholics who believe in and follow the rcc men.

How is that authority different from leadership and Councils today?
One has authority from God (those of Christ) the other has authority from men only (those of the rcc).

Back