Circular Reasoning

are there also non-catholic christians who are guilty of immorality?
Who said there weren't but they don't pretend they are from the one true church. Rcs keep saying look over there, all that does is show that they are no different to any other religious group or organisation. If they were the one true church they would be different, not the same. Well done rc.

Contradictions arise as soon as men start teaching that Christ did not come to save us, but merely to make us savable.
it is one lord, one faith, and one baptism (eph4: 4-6) contradictions came when christians personally interpreted the bible.
There are no priests under the New Covenant. That is another Catholic concoction without any biblical basis. With regard to bishops and deacons, they are not hierarchically "above" their brethren. They are called to be servants rather than masters.
maybe, in early christianity, there was no concrete definitions of the duties of bishops, priests, and deacons. but, as christianity continued their duties became distinct/clearer. the writings of the early christians give us a bit more detail. deacons were subject to the priests and the bishop and priests were subject to the bishop. here are few examples...

Ignatius of Antioch
Now, therefore, it has been my privilege to see you in the person of your God-inspired bishop, Damas; and in the persons of your worthy presbyters, Bassus and Apollonius; and my fellow-servant, the deacon, Zotion. What a delight is his company! For he is subject to the bishop as to the grace of God, and to the presbytery as to the law of Jesus Christ (Letter to the Magnesians 2 [A.D. 110]).

Hippolytus
When a deacon is to be ordained, he is chosen after the fashion of those things said above, the bishop alone in like manner imposing his hands upon him as we have prescribed. In the ordaining of a deacon, this is the reason why the bishop alone is to impose his hands upon him: he is not ordained to the priesthood, but to serve the bishop and to fulfill the bishop’s command. He has no part in the council of the clergy but is to attend to his own duties and is to acquaint the bishop with such matters as are needful. . . . On a presbyter, however, let the presbyters impose their hands because of the common and like Spirit of the clergy. Even so, the presbyter has only the power to receive [the Spirit], and not the power to give [the Spirit]. That is why a presbyter does not ordain the clergy; for at the ordaining of a presbyter, he but seals while the bishop ordains (The Apostolic Tradition 9 [A.D. 215]).

Council of Nicaea I

It has come to the knowledge of the holy and great synod that, in some districts and cities, the deacons administer the Eucharist to the presbyters [i.e., priests], whereas neither canon nor custom permits that they who have no right to offer [the Eucharistic sacrifice] should give the Body of Christ to them that do offer [it]. And this also has been made known, that certain deacons now touch the Eucharist even before the bishops. Let all such practices be utterly done away, and let the deacons remain within their own bounds, knowing that they are the ministers of the bishop and the inferiors of the presbyters. Let them receive the Eucharist according to their order, after the presbyters, and let either the bishop or the presbyter administer to them (Canon 18 [A.D. 325]).

"In a general sense"? "Special guidance"? The Spirit guides every believer into the Truth, which is Christ. Period.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: Know the Lord: for all shall know me from the least of them even to the greatest, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (Jer. 31:34, DRB)
yes, we are all guided but it does not mean we cannot err since we are fallible. the guidance of the holy spirit jesus promised was to his church so she will not err when teaching on matters of faith and morals. the verse in jeremias you mentioned is all about the moral law that god wrote in the hearts of all men.
There is no evidence whatsoever in the Scriptures that Peter was a "pope". He was one of the "pillars" (Gal. 2:9), but there is no evidence of him exercising leadership or establishing doctrines. As said, there is no contradiction among those who believe that Christ is truly our Savior. And those who do not believe that are no Christians at all.
peter is the rock, peter is given the keys of heaven, peter is asked to feed/tend the sheeps, peter faith will not fail and will strenghten others, peter was entrusted with the task of serving the others.... what more proof do you like?
Paul is talking about all kinds of works, not only works mandated by the Law. Moreover, the Law demanded love for God and our neighbor, which covers every good work. But at the end of the day, our works do not save us or contribute to our salvation. Those who believe that have been separated from Christ (Gal. 5:4).
yes, all good works whether in the old or new testament.
we are save by the grace of god and we respond to this free gift by our faith and good works.
We do not need teaching authority based on "apostolic succession" to recognize Christ in the Old Testament. We only need to be Christians. But yes, not everyone should become a preacher. That has nothing to do with "lineage", however.
so, how do you understand...

rom10: 15 And how can there be preachers, unless preachers are sent on their errand?...

no one..... someone simply shared the gospel with me and handed me a bible. And I went from there. From all the posts on here by rc's themselves, so glad I never stepped foot inside a rcc, or I would never have heard the gospel message.
sounds like you are your own church, your own pope, your own authority.

thanks.

Who said there weren't but they don't pretend they are from the one true church. Rcs keep saying look over there, all that does is show that they are no different to any other religious group or organisation. If they were the one true church they would be different, not the same. Well done rc.
nobody is sinless. the church is holy does not mean her members are all saints. she is holy because her founder, jesus christ, is holy.

So sorry for you bud, because you are willing to disregard crucial biblical distinctives in order to achieve some kind of external unity among all professing Roman Catholics.

True Christianity marked by intelligent, biblical faith is on the rise, even among the most conservative Roman Catholics.
everyone have the freewill with their modern views on the faith as long as it does not contradict with what the church have already defined.

Non-rc's asked not long ago for how rc's in their own words, share the gospel message , with people who have never been in any church and didn't believe in God's existence. No rc gave a reply to the question. We got pointed in every which direction away from Christ
sorry for that bad experience of yours.
if you are interested on the church jesus established in jerusalem, 33dad. talk to your parish priest or maybe attend the RCIA classes in your parish

sorry for that bad experience of yours.
if you are interested on the church jesus established in jerusalem, 33dad. talk to your parish priest or maybe attend the RCIA classes in your parish
The question was asked, right here on this very forum, and none of you rc's on here, could answer in your own words, how you would share the gospel with some one who has never heard it. And look at your reply in the above quote.... I got directed to a rc priest instead of you saying what the gospel is.

And your reply shows exactly where your faith and trust is. Your able to tell us about your institution but not about Christ.

They have no defense for their perverts committing the crimes. They have no defense for their religion/church covering up the crimes. And they have no defense for themselves for defending the perverts and their accomplices. What else should we be expecting rc's to do besides pointing a finger at anyone and everyone else that enters their field of vision.

it is one lord, one faith, and one baptism (eph4: 4-6) contradictions came when christians personally interpreted the bible.
There is also one cross by which we have been sanctified and perfected once and for all. The Kryptonite of all sects is that people start to think for themselves and read the Scriptures for themselves, thereby discovering all the pernicious lies of their sects. The Bible, on the other hand, encourages all people to read and interpret its pages. Again and again, Jesus asked those He conversed with: "how do you read?" The noble Bereans studied the Scriptures in order to verify what Paul was saying. And they were commended for it. As said, there can be no divisions among those who trust Christ alone and His perfect salvific work on our behalf.
maybe, in early christianity, there was no concrete definitions of the duties of bishops, priests, and deacons. but, as christianity continued their duties became distinct/clearer. the writings of the early christians give us a bit more detail. deacons were subject to the priests and the bishop and priests were subject to the bishop. here are few examples...

Ignatius of Antioch
Now, therefore, it has been my privilege to see you in the person of your God-inspired bishop, Damas; and in the persons of your worthy presbyters, Bassus and Apollonius; and my fellow-servant, the deacon, Zotion. What a delight is his company! For he is subject to the bishop as to the grace of God, and to the presbytery as to the law of Jesus Christ (Letter to the Magnesians 2 [A.D. 110]).

Hippolytus
When a deacon is to be ordained, he is chosen after the fashion of those things said above, the bishop alone in like manner imposing his hands upon him as we have prescribed. In the ordaining of a deacon, this is the reason why the bishop alone is to impose his hands upon him: he is not ordained to the priesthood, but to serve the bishop and to fulfill the bishop’s command. He has no part in the council of the clergy but is to attend to his own duties and is to acquaint the bishop with such matters as are needful. . . . On a presbyter, however, let the presbyters impose their hands because of the common and like Spirit of the clergy. Even so, the presbyter has only the power to receive [the Spirit], and not the power to give [the Spirit]. That is why a presbyter does not ordain the clergy; for at the ordaining of a presbyter, he but seals while the bishop ordains (The Apostolic Tradition 9 [A.D. 215]).

Council of Nicaea I

It has come to the knowledge of the holy and great synod that, in some districts and cities, the deacons administer the Eucharist to the presbyters [i.e., priests], whereas neither canon nor custom permits that they who have no right to offer [the Eucharistic sacrifice] should give the Body of Christ to them that do offer [it]. And this also has been made known, that certain deacons now touch the Eucharist even before the bishops. Let all such practices be utterly done away, and let the deacons remain within their own bounds, knowing that they are the ministers of the bishop and the inferiors of the presbyters. Let them receive the Eucharist according to their order, after the presbyters, and let either the bishop or the presbyter administer to them (Canon 18 [A.D. 325]).
You seem to be the victim of an etymological error. The word for "priest" in Greek is hiereus, not presbyteros (which means "elder"). Peter writes that all believers are priests. The notion that some are "ordained" to priests with the responsibility of handling the "sacraments" is completely foreign to the New Testament.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood [basileion hierateuma], a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Pet. 2:9)
yes, we are all guided but it does not mean we cannot err since we are fallible. the guidance of the holy spirit jesus promised was to his church so she will not err when teaching on matters of faith and morals.
That does not make sense at all. We are fallible yes, but the Spirit is infallible. So if the Spirit guides us, how can we err? And the Scriptures nowhere claim that the church will not err.
the verse in jeremias you mentioned is all about the moral law that god wrote in the hearts of all men.
You are getting the details confused. Jeremiah prophesied that no one would have to tell the other to know God, because we will all know Him.
peter is the rock, peter is given the keys of heaven, peter is asked to feed/tend the sheeps, peter faith will not fail and will strenghten others, peter was entrusted with the task of serving the others.... what more proof do you like?
None of those attributes entail him being a "pope". So the proof I would like to see is that Peter is called the leader of the church.
so, how do you understand...

rom10: 15 And how can there be preachers, unless preachers are sent on their errand?...
That God will send preachers to bring in His harvest. Not that preachers belong to a certain "lineage".

What would you say to the new Christians so that they weren't confusing the word for the Jewish priests?
Hiereus does not mean "Jewish priest," but "priest," i.e., someone having that cultic role. Therefore, it could also denote pagan priests, as in Acts 14:13. There is apparently no fear of confusion in 1 Pet. 2:9 as well as in Rev. 1:6; 5:10; 20:6. Fact remains that the NT knows of no special office corresponding to that of a priest with regard to the New Covenant.

Back