Circumstances are designed to produce faith

T

TomFL

Jesus laid down His life. No man took it from Him. The evil intent and action of men were overcome by the Goodness of God. They are not One and the Same.
And it is not rational that God should have determined all the evil he takes steps to redeem

praise_yeshua

And it is not rational that God should have determined all the evil he takes steps to redeem

There is no reason to believe that God has predetermined any evil.

Most of this nonsense is based upon a very poor understanding of Isa 45:7

Isa 45:7 I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

I can't say it any better than a Calvinist......Albert Barnes

The parallelism here shows that this is not to be understood in the sense of all evil, but of that which is the opposite of peace and prosperity. That is, God directs judgments, disappointments, trials, and calamities; he has power to suffer the mad passions of people to rage, and to afflict nations with war; he presides over adverse as well as prosperous events. The passage does not prove that God is the author of moral evil, or sin, and such a sentiment is abhorrent to the general strain of the Bible, and to all just views of the character of a holy God.

T

TomFL

There is no reason to believe that God has predetermined any evil.

Most of this nonsense is based upon a very poor understanding of Isa 45:7

Isa 45:7 I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

I can't say it any better than a Calvinist......Albert Barnes

The parallelism here shows that this is not to be understood in the sense of all evil, but of that which is the opposite of peace and prosperity. That is, God directs judgments, disappointments, trials, and calamities; he has power to suffer the mad passions of people to rage, and to afflict nations with war; he presides over adverse as well as prosperous events. The passage does not prove that God is the author of moral evil, or sin, and such a sentiment is abhorrent to the general strain of the Bible, and to all just views of the character of a holy God.
Certainly there is no rational reason to believe God determines the evil he redeems

Last edited by a moderator:

Our Lord's God

Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

?

Isn't this verse contrary to how some believe faith is produced?

In this verse, faith is produced from poverty. In fact, it clearly says that God has chosen such.....

Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—
16 the people living in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.”
17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

"YOU are the light of the world." - Jesus

People believe when they see evidence for something. That's why we are sent out to proclaim the good news.

But that will never suit their agenda. There will always be deniers of the light even when it shines right into their face. Scripture tells us why:

For everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.