Clarification question on prohibited links?

C

Chuckz

What are the rules on prohibited links? I found a link that has quotes about C.S. Lewis and his false beliefs by an athiest.
Can the link be posted with a disclaimer?

If the athiests know truth about C.S. Lewis and the Christians don't, can I post it?
Learning is true if the quotes are true.

I think C.S. Lewis was not a believer. My grandmother said he tried to help during a dark time when no one else was standing up for the church but what he said a lot of times was not true. What made him powerful was he was on radio and wrote books.

The object is not to promote atheism but to show the quotes of C.S. Lewis himself because the books are old, libraries at seminaries don't have all of them and it makes it hard to prove to people C.S. Lewis was a over the fence heretic. He had one foot in the world and another foot in our camp but I don't consider him a Christian.

You may not post this type of material on the secular/atheists boards. There are other Christian posters engaged in evangelism and this kind of post would be considered interfering with evangelism.

From the rules.

Evangelism:

1. Regular Users/meaning not Atheist/ that attempt to interfere with Christian evangelism, like, Christians/arguing with Christians on Secular or Cult, Religion forums, will be suspended or directed to the appropriate board. If two Christians want to debate each other, do not do so on the Mormon/JW/cult/RC forums but use the cult/religion forums to debate the cultists/not the other Christians. Please stick to the forum’s topic, debating those defending the religion they are promoting on that forum. Posters seeking to debate Evangelical Christians should take their discussions or questions to the appropriate forum, apologetics/etc. Atheists/Agnostics/Secularists or those continuing to debate Evangelicals on the inappropriate forums will be assigned to the ATH/AGN/Secular forums as a Secular Member. Secular Members are permitted to debate Christians on Secular Forums. (edit to add for understanding, the rule is that Cultists/other Religions may debate Christians on their forum topic, the group represented on the forum they are posting for debate, but if wanting to disagree with other Christians in a debate, Christians should take that to APO or other forums.)
You may start a new thread on the apologetics forums regarding this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

shnarkle

What are the rules on prohibited links? I found a link that has quotes about C.S. Lewis and his false beliefs by an athiest.
Can the link be posted with a disclaimer?

If the athiests know truth about C.S. Lewis and the Christians don't, can I post it?
Learning is true if the quotes are true.

I think C.S. Lewis was not a believer. My grandmother said he tried to help during a dark time when no one else was standing up for the church but what he said a lot of times was not true. What made him powerful was he was on radio and wrote books.

The object is not to promote atheism but to show the quotes of C.S. Lewis himself because the books are old, libraries at seminaries don't have all of them and it makes it hard to prove to people C.S. Lewis was a over the fence heretic. He had one foot in the world and another foot in our camp but I don't consider him a Christian.

You may not post this type of material on the secular/atheists boards. There are other Christian posters engaged in evangelism and this kind of post would be considered interfering with evangelism.

Could someone clarify what that previous statement means? I might be posting on the wrong forums. Does that statement mean that Christian evangelism only occurs on secular/atheists boards? I can see why that might be the case because some people like to evangelize atheists or the secular world.
  1. Posters seeking to debate Evangelical Christians should take their discussions or questions to the appropriate forum, apologetics/etc.

So does this mean one can debate the topic of evangelization, but not actually evangelize other Christians? I hope this doesn't sound like I'm joking around here because I'm not. On the one hand, if one assumes that all Christians are out evangelizing, there's no need to evangelize to other Christians. On the other hand, some aren't out evangelizing, and may not even know how to evangelize. I've seen people ask Christians to articulate the gospel message, and quite a few can't do it.

Example 1: In the Roman Catholic Forums, both protestants and Catholics debate on topics regarding the RCC church. BUT, protestants cannot debate other protestants in that forum. It takes the focus off of Catholicism. Atheists are not permitted to post on this forum.

Example 2: In the secular forums, Christians debate with atheists, agnostics. But these Protestants may not debate with other Protestants. It takes the focus off evangelization.
  1. Atheists/Agnostics/Secularists or those continuing to debate Evangelicals on the inappropriate forums will be assigned to the ATH/AGN/Secular forums as a Secular Member. Secular Members are permitted to debate Christians on Secular Forums. (edit to add for understanding, the rule is that Cultists/other Religions may debate Christians on their forum topic, the group represented on the forum they are posting for debate, but if wanting to disagree with other Christians in a debate, Christians should take that to APO or other forums.)
You may start a new thread on the apologetics forums regarding this subject.
If I'm understanding that correctly, it's stating that a Christian may debate atheists on the atheist/agnostic/secular forums, but atheists may not debate Christians in the apologetics forum.

The theology boards are for protestants to debate the fine points of doctrine, customs, etc. No Atheists are allowed to post there.

The apologetics forum is the one place where atheists can debate Christians.

Last edited by a moderator: