Codex Sinaiticus and Constantine Simonides - Uspensky Exposes one of his Forgeries on Mt Athos

Nope, the Zosima Moscow Bible was simply said to be part of the invovled process.

And I am skeptical that it was actually used for the New Testament, but it was possible.

The homoeoteleutons that match Claromontanus and Sinaiticus are fascinating, one of MANY textual elements that have not been given proper scholarship attention.

"Nope". What bizarre denialism. A very weird thing to say.

Yes indeed, you should be skeptical, because it's definitely a lie.

Chasing homoeoteleutons? = A striving after the wind. You are to be most pitied.

Chasing homoeoteleutons? = A striving after the wind. You are to be most pitied.

Haplography omissions are all over Sinaiticus, often corrected. We were just looking at Psalm 129:6, which is part of the Zurich Psalter studies, which is a homeoarcton. Dirk Jongkind includes them in a larger category which he calls LEAPS.

The Australian stash must be disappointing and frustrating for you (as I anticipated).

Note readers.

He'll blow a whole heap of bravado, and he's not the kind of person to ever admit openly that there is very little he can twist to appear sensational and conspiratorial in the Australian papers.

The Australian stash must be disappointing and frustrating for you (as I anticipated).
Note readers.
He'll blow a whole heap of bravado, and he's not the kind of person to ever admit openly that there is very little he can twist to appear sensational and conspiratorial in the Australian papers.

You seem to be confusing items once again:

the "Australian stash" (which would be the letters at the Australia State Library of Victoria mainly involving Deane and Stewart. Nothing with Simonides as a correspondent.)

the Kallinikos and Hodgkin correspondence with Simonides that is unpublished and of unknown locale, referenced only by the Forging Antiquity Project. (Which looked at a variety of material.)

The Australian stash is largely Uranios and Mayer papyri, its main importance so far is helping solidify the identity of Charles Stewart.

==========================

Last edited:
Back