"come to know Him"--and obeying the commandments

And how does that negate the testimony of the scriptures which testify God applies His Blood to them which walk in His light?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

God shed His Blood and died for all men--as a free gift:

Romans 5:18---King James Version
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

That was a universal redemption for all men from the condemnation of the Fall--which befell all men. We now only answer for our own actions, and not Adam's.

Only those who obey God actually receive of His Blood unto eternal life, as a personal reception:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Jesus came to save sinners. Paul was one of them. Jesus changed Paul's life.

There Is No One Righteous
(Psalm 14:1–7; Psalm 53:1–6; Isaiah 59:1–17)

9 What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin. 10 As it is written:
“There is no one righteous,

not even one.

11There is no one who understands,

no one who seeks God.

12All have turned away,

they have together become worthless;

there is no one who does good,

not even one.”c

13“Their throats are open graves;

their tongues practice deceit.”d

“The venom of vipers is on their lips.”e

14“Their mouths are full

of cursing and bitterness.”f

15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16ruin and misery lie in their wake

17and the way of peace they have not known.”g

18“There is no fear of God

before their eyes.”h

19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

Unless God gives faith and salvation to a person he continues in sin. His works are as filthy rags.

5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.

9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved; 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

As to your "come to know Him"---

1 John 2:3-4---King James Version
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not i
I believe everyone is guilty of imperfect obedience. Thankfully, Jesus fulfilled the law and gave us only two commandments: Love God, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus came to save sinners. Paul was one of them. Jesus changed Paul's life.
No. Paul changed his life. Jesus gave him a reason to change it. In the end, it was up to Paul what he'd do. There is no free agency in the religions of our critics. God does everything, we're just along for the ride. It kind of creates a problem for "endure to the end". What have we to endure? God is doing all the work. It doesn't matter what we do.

I believe everyone is guilty of imperfect obedience. Thankfully, Jesus fulfilled the law and gave us only two commandments: Love God, and love your neighbor as yourself.
"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the [Mormon]Gospel."
LDS Article of Faith #3

Immortality connotes life without end. Eternal life, on the other hand, connotes quality of life — exaltation, the highest type of immortality, the kind of life enjoyed by God himself. It is in the attainment of eternal life, which man must
earn in mortality, that he reaches his full potentiality.
- Marion G. Romney, of the First Presidency, at General Conference, October 1978, Ensign, November, 1978, p. 14

The time to fulfill the requirements for exaltation is now (see Alma 34:32–34). President Joseph Fielding Smith said, “In order to obtain the exaltation we must accept the gospel and all its covenants; and take upon us the obligations which the Lord has offered; and walk in the light and the understanding of the truth; and ‘live by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God’” (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:43).

D&C 25:15-16: “Keep my commandments continually, and a crown of righteousness thou shalt receive. And except thou do this, where I am you cannot come. And verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my voice unto all. Amen.”

God wants us to endure and therefore completes the good work He began:

Philippians 1:6

3I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:8 NIV
He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

To read about the commencement of that good work, I refer you to Ephesians 2:

1And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2in which you used to walk when you conformed to the ways of this world and of the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit who is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 3All of us also lived among them at one time, fulfilling the cravings of our flesh and indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.

4But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our trespasses. It is by grace you have been saved! 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

Reading about God's love and mercy is breathtaking!

No. Paul changed his life. Jesus gave him a reason to change it

Jesus changed his life, by coming to him outside Damascus. He revealed Himself to Paul in a very dramatic way. Until Paul came to believe in Jesus Christ, he was dead--not wounded but DEAD--in his trespasses and sins. The neither the physically dead or spiritually dead can do anything to raise themselves to new life. What does Ephesians 2 say?

2 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

So, according to what Paul wrote here, WHO makes us alive? And WHY? Is it on account of our being obedient? How can that be, since the unregenerated are DEAD in trespasses and sins, and therefore, cannot obey God from the heart. In fact, Paul calls these folks "disobedient." So, WHO makes us alive and WHY? NO Mormon on here has ever had the intestinal fortitude to give me a direct answer to this question not on this board or the previous two versions
. In the end, it was up to Paul what he'd do. There is no free agency in the religions of our critics. God does everything, we're just along for the ride. It kind of creates a problem for "endure to the end". What have we to endure? God is doing all the work. It doesn't matter what we do.
Well, people can resist the Holy Spirit--Mormons are proof of that--but Paul did not. But even our agency is in bondage to sin, until something happens to us--until we are made spiritually alive by believing the true Gospel of the true Jesus Christ of the Bible. So, according to Paul in Eph. 2, WHO makes us alive? And WHY?

Last edited:
My second reply to your above post is this:

Do you show your love to the Mormon Jesus by obedience to his commandments?

"The glory of God is intelligence. Not even a missionary can be saved in ignorance of the laws of God, let alone teach them to others. It is helpful to remember always these words: "Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection. And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advabtage in the world to come" (D&C 130:18-19).
Called to Serve Him, p.117

That paragraph makes it clear that Mormons are to learn more laws, more specific details, than you mentioned above. You have three books of non-biblical scripture that inform you of Mormon requirements for eternal life. And you require temple endowments.

I think you were trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes with that post or you were grasping at straws. WHY?

"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the [Mormon]Gospel."
LDS Article of Faith #3
Yes, the law of the Gospel, aka. "The law of the Spirit" (Romans 2:16; 8:2)
Which includes the principles of the great commission - repent and be baptized.

Immortality connotes life without end. Eternal life, on the other hand, connotes quality of life — exaltation, the highest type of immortality, the kind of life enjoyed by God himself. It is in the attainment of eternal life, which man must earn in mortality, that he reaches his full potentiality.
- Marion G. Romney, of the First Presidency, at General Conference, October 1978, Ensign, November, 1978, p. 14

The time to fulfill the requirements for exaltation is now (see Alma 34:32–34). President Joseph Fielding Smith said, “In order to obtain the exaltation we must accept the gospel and all its covenants; and take upon us the obligations which the Lord has offered; and walk in the light and the understanding of the truth; and ‘live by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God’” (Doctrin

Jesus changed his life, by coming to him outside Damascus. He revealed Himself to Paul in a very dramatic way. Until Paul came to believe in Jesus Christ, he was dead--not wounded but DEAD--in his trespasses and sins. The neither the physically dead or spiritually dead can do anything to raise themselves to new life. What does Ephesians 2 say?

So, according to what Paul wrote here, WHO makes us alive? And WHY? Is it on account of our being obedient? How can that be, since the unregenerated are DEAD in trespasses and sins, and therefore, cannot obey God from the heart. In fact, Paul calls these folks "disobedient." So, WHO makes us alive and WHY? NO Mormon on here has ever had the intestinal fortitude to give me a direct answer to this question not on this board or the previous two versions

Well, people can resist the Holy Spirit--Mormons are proof of that--but Paul did not. But even our agency is in bondage to sin, until something happens to us--until we are made spiritually alive by believing the true Gospel of the true Jesus Christ of the Bible. So, according to Paul in Eph. 2, WHO makes us alive? And WHY?
This would have been a great post if you didn't be derogatory against Mormons. It's not necessary.

My second reply to your above post is this:

Do you show your love to the Mormon Jesus by obedience to his commandments?
You mean "the REAL Jesus"? Yes, I do.

"The glory of God is intelligence. Not even a missionary can be saved in ignorance of the laws of God, let alone teach them to others. It is helpful to remember always these words: "Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection. And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advabtage in the world to come" (D&C 130:18-19).
Called to Serve Him, p.117
I Googled the text and did not find this book anywhere, clearly it's not a standard work.
That paragraph makes it clear that Mormons are to learn more laws, more specific details, than you mentioned above. You have three books of non-biblical scripture that inform you of Mormon requirements for eternal life. And you require temple endowments.
First, any random book talking about my religion doesn't automatically mean it's doctrinally accurate.
Second, I don't see a minimum requirement of laws I HAVE to learn to be saved.
Third, If I love Jesus, and have an eye single to the glory of God, why would I want avoid wanting to learn more about His laws?
Fourth, even if I wasn't Mormon, I know protestant Christianity doesnt believe in antinomianism. So, your defending something not even you supposedly believe in.

I think you were trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes with that post or you were grasping at straws. WHY?
I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly, your extremist views prevent any ounce of moderation. So much for fighting spiritual forces of darkness, eh?

LDS Article of Faith #3

Immortality connotes life without end. Eternal life, on the other hand, connotes quality of life — exaltation, the highest type of immortality, the kind of life enjoyed by God himself. It is in the attainment of eternal life, which man must
earn in mortality, that he reaches his full potentiality.

The time to fulfill the requirements for exaltation is now (see Alma 34:32–34). President Joseph Fielding Smith said, “In order to obtain the exaltation we must accept the gospel and all its covenants; and take upon us the obligations which the Lord has offered; and walk in the light and the understanding of the truth; and ‘live by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God’” (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:43).

D&C 25:15-16: “Keep my commandments continually, and a crown of righteousness thou shalt receive. And except thou do this, where I am you cannot come. And verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my voice unto all. Amen.”
What @Aaron32 failed to mention is that ALL the law and the prophets lead to those two commandments. All of them.

Yes, the law of the Gospel, aka. "The law of the Spirit" (Romans 2:16; 8:2)
Which includes the principles of the great commission - repent and be baptized.

This would have been a great post if you didn't be derogatory against Mormons. It's not necessary.
No one here is against Mormons. Mormon gods are against the True God and Mormons are, too.

You mean "the REAL Jesus"? Yes, I do.

I Googled the text and did not find this book anywhere, clearly it's not a standard work.
Well, your standard works are the Bible (as far as translated correctly according to your Articles of Faith), the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of great Price. But your church teaches members from other books.

First, any random book talking about my religion doesn't automatically mean it's doctrinally accurate.
Prove to us that I stated something inaccurate about Mormonism .

I was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for years and know a lot about that religion. Called to Serve Him was authored by Elaine Cannon & Ed J. Pinegar. Neither they nor I claim that the LDS church calls their book a "Standard Work." If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I find it difficult to imagine that you haven't heard of them, heard them speak or read their talks.

"Popular Speakers and authors Elaine Cannon and Ed J. Pinegar have a Great love for missionaries and for sharing the gospel. Elaine Cannon is a former general president of the Young Women and has toured many missions throughout the Church. A graduate of the University of Utah, she has been involved in developing Church curricculum and has had a long career in editing Church publications. She has received national awards for her writing and is the author of numerous books."

Second, I don't see a minimum requirement of laws I HAVE to learn to be saved.

I'm not here to make you see anything nor did I say Mormons don't have a choice about obedience. Not every Mormon is obedient to the laws of the Mormon "gospel." Not every Mormon is honest or pure. Not every Mormon agrees with all Mormon scripture.

Third, If I love Jesus, and have an eye single to the glory of God, why would I want avoid wanting to learn more about His laws?
Fourth, even if I wasn't Mormon, I know protestant Christianity doesnt believe in antinomianism. So, your defending something not even you supposedly believe in.
If Mormons followed the true Christ, they wouldn't be Mormons and wouldn't follow false gods, false prophets, and false teachers.
I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly, your extremist views prevent any ounce of moderation. So much for fighting spiritual forces of darkness, eh?
Clearly, your predjudice keeps you returning over and over again to criticize Christians' knowledge of Mormon teachings.

Pretending to not know what I'm talking about is not going to fly. You call my views extremist when they aren't any more extremist than Mormonism. This thread is about Mormonism..

Last edited:
Back