Coming events...

robycop3

Let me get this straight...

You believe the "desolation" in the "abomination of desolation" is against the person who performs the "abomination".

Right?

Whereas I think the plain meaning of a phrase like "abomination of desolation" is that causing the "desolation" is what is an "abomination".
No; it'll be on the whole earth (the great trib) but it'll come down harder on the beast's empire. (Remember the angel pouring out his container of plague against the seat of the beast's empire ?)

rakovsky

After the 6th Seal is the 7th seal. The Trumpets cannot start until the 7th seal is opened.

After the 6th Trumpet, there are 7 Thunders. They will happen, we just do not know anything about them. Then the 7th Trumpet.
It makes sense that the events would happen in order like you are describing, Tim. Plus, I agree that there is a lot of mystery about this as you said about the Thunders.

I want to please ask: I wrote by email to CARM and Tim from Carm was nice enough to write back, and then I responded by email. Are you the same person whom I was corresponding with? In case you aren't, or youfelt that you wrote enough to me, that is OK too.

Timtofly

It makes sense that the events would happen in order like you are describing, Tim. Plus, I agree that there is a lot of mystery about this as you said about the Thunders.

I want to please ask: I wrote by email to CARM and Tim from Carm was nice enough to write back, and then I responded by email. Are you the same person whom I was corresponding with? In case you aren't, or youfelt that you wrote enough to me, that is OK too.
No, I do not answer e-mail on behalf of CARM.

robycop3

God can give an old man all the energy he needs to fulfill his ordained role.

http://www.mosquitonet.com/~prewett/

3 I saw one of his heads as if it was mortally wounded, but his deadly wound was healed, and the whole world marveled and followed the beast. Revelation 13:3

JFK is the ONLY person in the world whose public reappearance would make Rev 13:3 come to pass.
Well, if you see him alive, he may be riding with Elvis. Please tell'em ole robycop said Hi !

Jack Hammer

lol, yes he has been revealed, in fact it began to be revealed during the times of the Apostles 1 Jn 2 18

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
That's another classic KJV mistranslation.

This verse has one word for antichrist that is singular, the other plural, and the word THE was omitted.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that (THE) antichrist (singular) shall come, even now are there many antichrists; (plural) whereby we know that it is the last time.

It reads in the Textus Receptus like this...

"Little boys and girls, it is the last hour and according as ye hear that THE "instead-anointed" (antichrist) is coming and now many instead anointeds have become.....

Over a dozen bible translations use the word 'the' in the translation of 1 John 2:18. Like the NIV does...

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour."

I would interpret 1John 2:18 like this,

"Many antichrist have come, and the antichrist is coming, that's how you will know it's the last hour."

The translations that omit the word THE do so mistakenly and really do a disservice to the understanding of the verse. The 1611 translators omitted it because it IS in the Greek interlinear. The KJV is notorious for dropping and adding words. Personal pronouns are used to describe this man elsewhere.

Jack Hammer

So what part of that is the "desolation" in "the abomination of desolation"?

It was not obvious to me.

P.S.

These two verses are about the same thing. They are two accounts of one conversation with Jesus.

Matthew 24:15... When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

Luke 21:20... And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

So I believe "the abomination of desolation" is "Jerusalem compassed with armies" and the "desolation" was the destruction of Jerusalem.
The big question becomes "who was the anti-Christ"? Nero? Vespasian? Titus? None of them ever put an image of themselves in the Temple.

Jack Hammer

The abomination will be the AC's declaring himself to be God. That would be an abomination by any human at any time or place. The desolation will be the great trib, which will hit especially hard on the center of the AC's empire.

Far as F goes, the beast/AC/man of sin hadn't yet come to commit the AOD, & since it didn't happen in that temple before it was razed, it's still future.

Now, why do I, & many others, believe it'll be in the coming temple? Because Jesus said when we see it sitting where it ought not to be. And while it ought not to be anywhere, the temple is the last place it ought not to be !
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Mathew 24 tells us where it ought not to be...

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

Mathew 24:15 is one of the verses people use to support the rebuilding of another temple in East Jerusalem.

The holy place in Mathew 24:15 is not the Holy of Holies but simply the entire area surrounding temple.

According to Strong's... place, any portion or space marked off, as it were from surrounding space

No passage in the bible indicates a temple needs to be rebuilt. The religious complex of the Dome or the 'outer court', or the Al'Aqsa mosque is sufficient to fulfill end-time prophecy.

brightfame52

That's another classic KJV mistranslation.

This verse has one word for antichrist that is singular, the other plural, and the word THE was omitted.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that (THE) antichrist (singular) shall come, even now are there many antichrists; (plural) whereby we know that it is the last time.

It reads in the Textus Receptus like this...

"Little boys and girls, it is the last hour and according as ye hear that THE "instead-anointed" (antichrist) is coming and now many instead anointeds have become.....

Over a dozen bible translations use the word 'the' in the translation of 1 John 2:18. Like the NIV does...

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour."

I would interpret 1John 2:18 like this,

"Many antichrist have come, and the antichrist is coming, that's how you will know it's the last hour."

The translations that omit the word THE do so mistakenly and really do a disservice to the understanding of the verse. The 1611 translators omitted it because it IS in the Greek interlinear. The KJV is notorious for dropping and adding words. Personal pronouns are used to describe this man elsewhere.
All that made really no difference.

Jack Hammer

All that made really no difference.
It didn't? You said while laughing out loud...
lol, yes he has been revealed, in fact it began to be revealed during the times of the Apostles 1 Jn 2 18.
NKJV - Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[fn] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. (fn indicates THE was omitted)

If the KJV had NOT omitted the word THE, people would realize that the verse does speak about an anti-Christ (man) coming." The verse doesn't actually imply an anti-Christ spirit IS COMING because John said, "even now many antichrists have come....but we assume he's indicating that because he said, "by which we know that it is the last hour.".

Interlinear - "the anti-Christ IS coming" -

Textus Receptus

In addition to an anti-Christ spirit that existed since the time of John. 1 John 2:18 clearly speaks of THE anti-Christ as a specific anti-Christ.

The word THE indicates a 'specific' anti-Christ individual is coming distinct from, "even now many antichrists have come."

Who is the HE you're referring to and who is the IT?

brightfame52

NKJV - Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[fn] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. (fn indicates THE was omitted)

If the KJV had NOT omitted the word THE, people would realize that the verse does speak about an anti-Christ (man) coming." The verse doesn't actually imply an anti-Christ spirit IS COMING because John said, "even now many antichrists have come....but we assume he's indicating that because he said, "by which we know that it is the last hour.".

Textus Receptus

In addition to an anti-Christ spirit that existed since the time of John. 1 John 2:18 clearly speaks of THE anti-Christ as a specific anti-Christ.

The word THE indicates a 'specific' anti-Christ individual is coming distinct from, "even now many antichrists have come."

The antichrist reigns now.

Jack Hammer

The antichrist reigns now.
Any chance you can explain what you believe? Any chance you can answer the question about your previous reply?

You said,
lol, yes he has been revealed, in fact it began to be revealed during the times of the Apostles 1 Jn 2 18.
I asked..."Who is the HE you're referring to and who is the IT?" I'm just asking you to clarify.

brightfame52

Any chance you can explain what you believe? Any chance you can answer the question about your previous reply?

You said,

I asked..."Who is the HE you're referring to and who is the IT?" I'm just asking you to clarify.
The antichrist is satan reigning via the false gospels that has deceived the world.

robycop3

Textus Receptus

While I don't use the KJV, as it's outdated & has many goofs & booboos, it's correct in this case. There's no article in the Greek of that verse for 'the'. But people SHOULD realize from the context that it refers to the worst antichrist of all, a man whom Satan shall personally indwell.