Communion Means Symbolic Otherwise Its Idolatry

shnarkle

Don't forget to pray for him too. Sometimes I think the forces of darkness can blind a believer. Sometimes a doubleminded state can be in the mind of a believer and know it not. Sometimes pride keeps a believer from receiving His words to repent from that he has spent many years serving. I mean who wants to believe they wasted their service of love and finance in supporting a lying church taking advantage of him?

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

But yeah.. when an unbeliever in this forum is obviously trolling and not being sincere in asking questions, I trust the Lord to know when to put such a one on ignore. When fellow saved believers insult & antagonize like a troll, I put them on ignore. It takes a lot for them to get on ignore, but saved believers can be put on ignore if all they do is be carnal towards me.

Although there is a point when someone is not hearing me, that I am not sure how long in patience I am to wait until I am to withdraw, but Jesus helps me to trust Him as my Good Shepherd to direct my foot steps if I make the wrong decision, on not withdrawing or even when withdrawing.

Proverbs 16: 9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;...

13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. 16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
He can continue to read everything you post after you place them on ignore. Feeding the trolls only incentivizes them to continue. I agree that we all have our limits. I admire your fortitude, and patience, empathize with your frustration, have only gratitude for the "ignore" feature on this forum, and even though I regret having to resort to ignore them because they may continue to post insightful or entertaining content, I find that engaging trolls isn't healthy or beneficial.

He hadn't replied to my post which isn't so bad, but when I saw that he was replying to your posts with pointless, useless content, it became apparent that they're not serious about engaging in an honest discussion.

Hark

He can continue to read everything you post after you place them on ignore. Feeding the trolls only incentivizes them to continue. I agree that we all have our limits. I admire your fortitude, and patience, empathize with your frustration, have only gratitude for the "ignore" feature on this forum, and even though I regret having to resort to ignore them because they may continue to post insightful or entertaining content, I find that engaging trolls isn't healthy or beneficial.

He hadn't replied to my post which isn't so bad, but when I saw that he was replying to your posts with pointless, useless content, it became apparent that they're not serious about engaging in an honest discussion.
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. 10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Kind of hard to judge someone's honesty in a discussion when they may be subverted, but yes, He will help me to withdraw.. even now, but I should inform him in the hopes he will be led to repentance.

Hark

If you are scripture only, where do you see the keys in Mt 18?
in Post # 112 I had shared that with you earlier.

Jesus gives the same keys to those believers in the church to correct a brother in error that if he refuses correction, the 3 are to tell it to the church to excommunicate that unrepentant brother, and even when praying for something that 2 or 3 agree to by the same authority of those keys

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

it is the very same keys as described that the RCC & you misunderstood as being only given to Peter when obviously, in light of His words here, Jesus was giving those keys to all of His disciples & to every saved believer.

I am withdrawing from you, brother, I must leave you to God by putting you on Ignore.

I mean what I say... you need to go to Jesus Christ in prayer and ask Him to show you the truth in His words so that you may discern the errors in the RCC to repent of them and to leave the RCC to a personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ; not through the RCC.

Slyzr

@ziapueblo @Dizerner @John t @HillsboroMom @Bonnie @BMS @Timket @Ascetic @RayneBeau @Southsider071 @JoeT @organgrinder @Mike McK @Rook @Doug @Jerry_Fletcher @balshan @LifeIn @Buzzard @Nic @1Thess521 @Authentic Nouveau @BJ Bear @TwoNoteableCorruptions @RiJoRi @Matt Slick @4Him @Conan @Steven Avery @Leatherneck0311 @MMDAN @TomFL @rossh @101G @puddleglum @Son Of Saxon @Saxon @rakovsky

Communion means symbolic or else otherwise, it would be idolatry.

1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Note verse 17 in the use of the symbolism of the one bread & one body in regards to us as believers. So it is the same for verse 16. If you read communion as meaning symbolic or replace the word communion with symbolic, then you can see the message Paul is conveying here.

So no matter how much the church is misapplying scripture elsewhere as if it is not symbolic, scripture cannot go against scripture for why this reference is clear that communion of the bread & wine is nothing more than being symbolic of the body & blood of Jesus Christ; hence His Presence is not in the bread nor wine for that would make it more than what they are and thus idolatry.

Isaiah 44:16 He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself, and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire: 17 And the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god. 18 They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand. 19 And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say, I have burned part of it in the fire; yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals thereof; I have roasted flesh, and eaten it: and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination?........

Saved believers that take communion for the atonement for the forgiveness of sins since last communion, forget what scripture testify to how we receive forgiveness.

By asking Jesus to forgive us of our sins & believing Him to do it.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And by leaning on Him for help not to commit those sins again, we walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son, and His blood cleanses us in that way too..

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we treat communion as if we are receiving Him again, believing His Presence is in the bread & the wine, we are ignoring this warning from Paul & sinning that way while departing from the faith we are to maintain in Jesus Christ too.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

So there is no receiving Him again via communion.

We are to do communion in remembrance of Him for why the bread & the wine are meant to be symbolic. If it was for more than that, Jesus would have led with those more "important" reasons rather than just to do it in remembrance of Him.

Pauline gospel ........

Slyzr

Unless you expound on that comment, I do not know where you are coming from or what you are meaning in regards to the OP.

Not sure ......

I would say communion is a shared commonality.

That then branches out to a possible 'conversion'.

"Here, drink this and be like us".

That is why I was saying "Pauline gospel".

Ref: Melchizedek.

Last edited:

Hark

Not sure ......

I would say communion is a shared commonality.

That then branches out to a possible 'conversion'.

"Here, drink this and be like us".

That is why I was saying "Pauline gospel".

Ref: Melchizedek.
One has to be converted aka a saved believer before partaking of communion which is done in remembrance of Him. Otherwise, unbelieving sinners partaking of communion are not really doing it in remembrance of Him for what His death has accomplished for us in having saved us by believing in Him.

So not really a different gospel at all to be considered a Pauline gospel.

Slyzr

One has to be converted aka a saved believer before partaking of communion which is done in remembrance of Him. Otherwise, unbelieving sinners partaking of communion are not really doing it in remembrance of Him for what His death has accomplished for us in having saved us by believing in Him.

So not really a different gospel at all to be considered a Pauline gospel.

Melchizedek and Abraham?

What was that about then.

Hark

I wasn't referring a Pauline reference.
God be willing, I shall return at a later time but you will have to explain your question some more if you expect me to know where you are coming from with that question about .Melchizedek and Abraham. You were asking about them following your comment on the subject of the Pauline gospel. Otherwise, I suggest you go before that throne of grace & ask Jesus Christ for wisdom & the answer to your question.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Hark

We are not called to be disciples of a church nor defending the church but the faith in Jesus Christ.

God the Father provided only one way to come to Him and that is through His Son, not through communion.

Slyzr

We are not called to be disciples of a church nor defending the church but the faith in Jesus Christ.

God the Father provided only one way to come to Him and that is through His Son, not through communion.

LOL .......

So Jesus is not a Melchizedek.

seriously ......

So you are a Pauline gospel type.

Not that it matters to me either way ....... but that tends to make you a disciple of Paul.

Arch Stanton

in Post # 112 I had shared that with you earlier.

Jesus gives the same keys to those believers in the church to correct a brother in error that if he refuses correction, the 3 are to tell it to the church to excommunicate that unrepentant brother, and even when praying for something that 2 or 3 agree to by the same authority of those keys

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

it is the very same keys as described that the RCC & you misunderstood as being only given to Peter when obviously, in light of His words here, Jesus was giving those keys to all of His disciples & to every saved believer.

I am withdrawing from you, brother, I must leave you to God by putting you on Ignore.

I mean what I say... you need to go to Jesus Christ in prayer and ask Him to show you the truth in His words so that you may discern the errors in the RCC to repent of them and to leave the RCC to a personal reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ; not through the RCC.
So once again, no keys to show me.

Gary Mac

Actually have the faith of Jesus Christ.
Only one way to come to Him is by His same SPirit be in you. His mind, be your mind and walk as He walks in it, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Jesus was only teacher for how to.