Community of Christ (RLDS)

Bonnie

From what I have read about them, they are more like a liberal Protestant denomination, than a true Mormon one, though they still think Smith was a prophet. I wrote to them once, when they were in the process of changing their name, asking if they believed they can become Gods and the person who answered me said "No." I forget what else I asked, but their beliefs did differ from the LDS church's beliefs.

MMDAN

My wife grew up in the RLDS church, but after reading the book, "The RLDS church, Christian or Cult?" back in 1998, her eyes were opened and she received Christ through faith, then she left that church never to return.

Bonnie

My wife grew up in the RLDS church, but after reading the book, "The RLDS church, Christian or Cult?" back in 1998, her eyes were opened and she received Christ through faith, then she left that church never to return.

Good for her. It isn't as bad as the LDS, but it still has too many wrong beliefs--like believing Smith was a prophet.

brotherofJared

How do people feel about Community of Christ (RLDS)? (y)
I personally feel they should have their own subforum. They aren't member of this cult and have no business being discussed here. Although, I suppose they can come here and complain about polygamy. That would fit.

Magdalena

I personally feel they should have their own subforum. They aren't member of this cult and have no business being discussed here. Although, I suppose they can come here and complain about polygamy. That would fit.
Do they intimidate you? At least you acknowledged mormonism as a cult. But they both started with Joseph Smith.

I hope I did not offend anyone. I am member of Community of Christ (RLDS) I know I do NOT deserve heaven, but because I repented of my sins and placed my faith in Jesus Christ death & resurrection as atonement of my sins. I believe I am Christian.

Magdalena

I hope I did not offend anyone. I am member of Community of Christ (RLDS) I know I do NOT deserve heaven, but because I repented of my sins and placed my faith in Jesus Christ death & resurrection as atonement of my sins. I believe I am Christian.
You’re welcome here, David. We’re all repentant sinners, and Jesus has given us life.

It would be nice to hear about the beliefs of the Church of Christ from a member. Were you born into it?

Mod10

Staff member
To all--after conferring with 4Him, she said to take discussion of Community of Christ to the Apologetics Board. I will therefor move this thread there.

Bonnie

You have not offended anyone. All are welcome here. :) And Maggie is right--we are all sinners deserving of hell. But thanks be to Jesus Christ, He cancelled our reservation, by His suffering and death on the cross. :)

But which Jesus do you believe in? Is He the one who is Satan's spirit brother in the supposed pre-mortal existence? Or the eternal Word of Gid, true man sins ce His Incarnation, a d true God from all eternity, along with the Father a d the Holy Ghost, One God?

Does your church have temples in which to perform rituals that will enable one to be worthy of Exaltation?

Do you believe Joseph Smith to be a true prophet sent by God?

Do you believe the Book of Mormonto to be true?

Gary Mac

From what I have read about them, they are more like a liberal Protestant denomination, than a true Mormon one, though they still think Smith was a prophet. I wrote to them once, when they were in the process of changing their name, asking if they believed they can become Gods and the person who answered me said "No." I forget what else I asked, but their beliefs did differ from the LDS church's beliefs.
The only difference I see from them and any other denomination as in Catholic, Muslims, Baptists, Methodists, AOGs, Pentecostals, nondenominational, COCs, you name it -- is their laws they all have established to regulate their beliefs in their gods.

Gary Mac

Which church did she adhere to?

brotherofJared

I believe you are a Christian. Namely, that you repent and believe in Jesus Christ. That pretty much makes you a Christian. (y)

Gary Mac

I believe you are a Christian. Namely, that you repent and believe in Jesus Christ. That pretty much makes you a Christian. (y)
The Devil believes in Jesus Christ that does not mean he followed him in his ways of God. Beliefs are not of God, one can believe anything about a god. But the One who Jesus prayed to and obeyed when He is Himself is manifest in you is the only truth of Him.