Compatibilism is not compatible with determinism

Will God condemn Calvinists to hell for their beliefs?
who mentioned anything like that it sure wasn't me. more personal attackes and making things up ?

and just so you know I don't report anyone who attacks me as its useless. So feel free to continue your attacks. I could care less.

who mentioned anything like that it sure wasn't me. more personal attackes and making things up ?

and just so you know I don't report anyone who attacks me as its useless. So feel free to continue your attacks. I could care less.

Notice that the poster refused to answer the question.

I learned to answer Questions from my Master/ Lord

Matt 11:2-6
2 Now when John, while imprisoned, heard of the works of Christ, he sent word by his disciples 3 and said to Him, "Are You the Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?" 4 Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and report to John what you hear and see: 5 the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM. 6 "And blessed is he who does not take offense at Me."

Matt 12:9-14
9 Departing from there, He went into their synagogue. 10 And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?" — so that they might accuse Him. 11 And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 "How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do 1good on the Sabbath." 13 Then He *said to the man, "Stretch out your hand!" He stretched it out, and it was restored to normal, like the other. 14 But the Pharisees went out and conspired against Him, as to how they might destroy Him.

Matt 13:10-17
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?" 11 Jesus answered them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12 "For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while Aseeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 "In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

'YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;

YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;

15 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,

WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,

AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,

OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,

HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,

AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,

AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.'

16 "But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17 "For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Matt 15:12-14
12 Then the disciples *came and *said to Him, "Do You know that the Pharisees were 1offended when they heard this statement?" 13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be uprooted. 14 "Let them alone; they are blind guides of the blind. And if a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

Matt 16:1-4
The Pharisees and Sadducees came up, and testing Jesus, they asked Him to show them a sign from heaven. 2 But He replied to them, "When it is evening, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.' 3 "And in the morning, 'There will be a storm today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Do you know how to discern the appearance of the sky, but cannot discern the signs of the times? 4 "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." And He left them and went away.

Matt 16:5-12
5 And the disciples came to the other side of the sea, but they had forgotten to bring any bread. 6 And Jesus said to them, "Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 7 They began to discuss this among themselves, saying, "He said that because we did not bring any bread." 8 But Jesus, aware of this, said, "You men of little faith, why do you discuss among yourselves that you have no bread? 9 "Do you not yet understand or remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets full you picked up? 10 "Or the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many large baskets full you picked up? 11 "How is it that you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread? But beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 12 Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Matt 18:1-10
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, "BWho then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3 and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 "And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

7 "Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!

8 "If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than 1to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire. 9 "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.

10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Matt 19:3-7
3 Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?" 4 And He answered and said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, 5 and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'? 6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together let no man separate."

Matt 21:23-27
23 When He entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to Him while He was teaching, and said, "By what authority are You doing these things, and who gave You this authority?" 24 Jesus said to them, "I will also ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I will also tell you by what authority I do these things. 25 "The baptism of John was from what source, from heaven or from men?" And they began reasoning among themselves, saying, "If we say, 'From heaven,' He will say to us, 'Then why did you not believe him?' 26 "But if we say, 'From men,' we fear the people; for they all regard John as a prophet." 27 And answering Jesus, they said, "We do not know." He also said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

Matt 22:15-22
Then the Pharisees went and 1plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said. 16 And they *sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and 1defer to no one; for You are not partial to any. 17 "Tell us then, what do You think? Is it 1lawful to give a poll-tax to BCaesar, or not?" 18 But Jesus perceived their 1malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? 19 "Show Me the Acoin used for the poll-tax." And they brought Him a 1denarius. 20 And He *said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" 21 They *said to Him, "Caesar's." Then He *said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." 22 And hearing this, they were amazed, and leaving Him, they went away.

Matt 22:41-46
Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question: 42 "What do you think about the Christ, whose son is He?" They *said to Him, "The son of David." 43 He *said to them, "Then how does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying,

44 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,

"SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,

UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET"'?

45 "If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son?" 46 No one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day on to ask Him another question

hope this helps !!!

What's wrong with you?

I asked a simple question: Will God condemn Calvinists to hell for their beliefs?

Will you answer the question, or not?

Is that why you never evangelize Mormons, because you think they're saved?
I actually talked to a couple young guys for over an hour last month . And my former maintenance director was a Mormon and we talked for over 4 years about our faith . Any more questions?

God will judge you it’s not mine to make .

Do you know the difference between discernment and judgment?

Not the way you're applying it. No. Do tell.

You are drawing conclusions from discernment. You are drawing conclusions from judgment. Arminianism makes no distinctions in application.

I actually talked to a couple young guys for over an hour last month . And my former maintenance director was a Mormon and we talked for over 4 years about our faith . Any more questions?

You keep saying I'm "back on ignore", yet you keep responding to me.
So I find anything you claim here on this forum to be 100% unreliable.

As for "any more questions?", only the one you keep DODGING. Is Calvinism a damnable heresy, according to you? Why are you so afraid to answer the question?

You keep saying I'm "back on ignore", yet you keep responding to me.
So I find anything you claim here on this forum to be 100% unreliable.

As for "any more questions?", only the one you keep DODGING. Is Calvinism a damnable heresy, according to you? Why are you so afraid to answer the question?
You asked a while ago for a truce yet you could not keep your end of the deal . So maybe you are the unreliable one .

I don’t engage in the loaded question fallacy and those who would temp me to break the rules .

and btw I will respond of my free will when I feel like it and for no other reason and I will ignore posters whenever I feel like ignoring them , which includes you. Comprehende?

next

Some compatibilists, such as John Hendryx on monergism.com, do not refute these arguments, but simply embrace them by admitting that compatibilism is “no less deterministic than hard determinism.” And compatibilism “simply means that God’s predetermination and meticulous providence is ‘compatible’ with voluntary choice.” In other words, he is virtually saying “Mankind is doing what they want and what they want is determined by God, so get over it, He is God and can do whatever He wants!”

If I cast a spell on John causing him to desire what I decided that he should desire, would he still deem his own choices to be voluntary? I seriously doubt it, but if God virtually does the same thing, then the term “voluntary” is acceptable, I guess? It is quite baffling.

Think about it. According to this premise, guys like Jeffrey Dahmer “voluntarily” molested and ate his victims because God unchangeably determined for him to desire it. James 1:13 teaches God does not even tempt men to do evil, yet Hendryx wants us to believe God unchangeably determined our desires which in turn determine our choices to do evil? Really? Why would anyone want to go with that answer rather than to simply appeal to mystery? Anthropomorphism is looking better and better, isn’t it?

Hendryx’s rebuttal to these types of questions is to point people to God’s determination of the crucifixion, “the worse evil of all time.” His argument goes something like this: If God determined the worse evil of all time without blame then we should be able to accept that God can determine all evil events without blame. First, I have no problem ‘blaming,’ or should I say ‘crediting,’ God with the redemption of sin as accomplished through the crucifixion! While I agree that God did determine the cross by actively intervening in our fallen world to ensure it came to pass, I fail to see how that proves God likewise determined and actively worked to bring about all the sin that needed redemption on that cross. Are we to believe God determined to redeem his very own determinations?

Again, it is quite a baffling perspective and I’m not sure how it is somehow better than the alternative of appealing to the mystery of God’s infinite ways. Give me God’s inspired anthropomorphisms over that any day! I’ll gladly live with people accusing me of being too “simple minded” to accept such audacious speculations about our Holy God.https://soteriology101.com/2014/12/01/why-the-theory-of-compatibilism-falls-short/amp/

Yours Truly, Team Truth !

hope this helps !!!
Now enough drivel and back to the OP and enough of the off topic distractions . Go start your own thread on judgment in the appropriate forum .

next

You asked a while ago for a truce yet you could not keep your end of the deal .

Incorrect.
I offered an olive branch to you TWICE (and the offer remains available), and you immediately rejected it BOTH times, without any "negotiations".

And why are you even bringing up this off-topic narrative?
Some might interpret it as ad hominem on your part.

I don’t engage in the loaded question fallacy and those who would temp me to break the rules .

It's not a "loaded question".

and btw I will respond of my free will when I feel like it and for no other reason and I will ignore posters whenever I feel like ignoring them . Comprehende?

I see... But when WE choose to ignore questions, you mock us and claim "victory".
Double standards much?

Back to the inconsistent Calvinist ie compatibilists.

hope this helps !!!

Back