Concerning God A Person is ONE of the members of The Godhead.

Yahchristian

A person in the world of men has BOTH a body and a spirit.
Concerning God A Person is ONE of the members of The Godhead.

Note: My ONE definition for “a person” is “a spirit or human being”.

TRINITARIANS...

First question...

“In the world of MEN”, you define “a person” as “BOTH a body and a spirit”.

“Concerning GOD”, you define “a person” as “ ONE of the members of The Godhead”.

So, is Gabriel a person?

Daniel 9:21... Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

And second question...

Since the dictionary definition for “a person” has NOTHING to do with the word “member” just as “a being” has NOTHING to do with “member”...

Would it be acceptable for someone to say...

In the world of MEN I define “a being” as “a living thing” but concerning GOD I define “a being” as “ONE of the members of The Godhead”.

If not, why not?

Last edited:

TRINITARIANS...

First question...

“Concerning GOD”, you define “a person” as “ ONE of the members of The Godhead”.

So, is Gabriel a person?

Daniel 9:21... Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

And second question...

Since the dictionary definition for “a person” has NOTHING to do with the word “member” just as “a being” has NOTHING to do with “member”...

In the world of MEN I define “a being” as “a living thing” but concerning GOD I define “a being” as “ONE of the members of The Godhead”.

If not, why not?
Note your one definition of this word person is completely inadequate in expressing verities of the Divine. So basically you fallaciously argue against your one definition , while ancient Greeks and Latins found your one definition to be silly as applied to the numerical Unity and subsisting relation between The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Further evidence that you anti Trinitarians alike , only argue against what you import , and not what it actually is.

Concerning God as He named Himself while giving the Oracles to Moses on the mount," I AM He Who is Supremely being itself subsistent absolutely Indeterminate prepossessing the perfection of all being.

14. And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

I will tell you the same as I told you on your two other threads of straw.

God is Trine therefore every Person by Himself is Singly I AM He Who is Supremely being itself . I Am That I Am.

Hence the being of God is Trinity by reason of God Trine nature. Meaning that there are Three" supposita" of the Godhead.

So NO we would not assert "but concerning GOD I define “a being” as “ONE of the members of The Godhead”. on account of God is the same as Godhead , and thus the Scriptural context of this mode of signification does not support your one definition of this word person, to even ask such straw.

....... Alan

So NO we would not assert "but concerning GOD I define “a being” as “ONE of the members of The Godhead”. on account of God is the same as Godhead

I realize YOU would not say it.

My question was...

Would it be acceptable for SOMEONE (ANYONE) to say...

If NOT...

What argument would you give them why it is okay to have a special “concerning God” definition for “a person” but NOT okay to have a special “concerning God” definition for “a being”?

@aeg4971 and @johnny guitar don’t forget the first question...

Is Gabriel a person?

I say Yes since I define “a person” as “a spirit or human being” and I define “a being“ as “a sentient living thing”.

TRINITARIANS...

First question...

So, is Gabriel a person?

And second question...

If not, why not?
God is ONE BEING, NOT one Person. And men are living beings/persons NOT things.
Next question.....................

I realize YOU would not say it.

My question was...

Would it be acceptable for SOMEONE (ANYONE) to say...

If NOT...

What argument would you give them why it is okay to have a special “concerning God” definition for “a person” but NOT okay to have a special “concerning God” definition for “a being”?

Members is a modern English speaking adjunct to express the numerical distinction of Persons, namely in Godhead.

The only argument I can give is God is Spirit , and by the subsisting relations alone, communicates His own nature in the distinction of Persons and the Equality of their Majesty. One is the Father another is the Son and another is the Holy Spirit. So the Greeks say," Tres Hypostases un Ousia".

....... Alan

God is ONE BEING, NOT one Person. And men are living beings/persons NOT things.
Next question.....................

This was the LAST question...

Is Gabriel a person?

I say Yes since I define “a person” as “a spirit or human being” and I define “a being“ as “a sentient living thing”.

Can you please post your answer to THAT question.

I expect your answer will depend on whether or not you believe angels are “in the world of men”.

Note your one definition of this word person is completely inadequate in expressing verities of the Divine.

The question concerns Gabriel…

So, is Gabriel a person?

Are you able to answer the question or not.

The question concerns Gabriel…

So, is Gabriel a person?

Are you able to answer the question or not.
NO. He is an angel, a spirit.

So since you say the Holy Spirit (a spirit) IS a person but Gabriel (a spirit) is NOT a person..

What is your definition of “a person”?

It seems you believe whether or not one is a spirit is not part of the definition.
A Person is a MAN or ONE of the members of The Trinity.

Back