Conservatives live in a world of illusion and lies

Ficciones

One of the biggest political problems, not only in the US but increasingly in the developed world as a whole, is that conservatives live in a carefully constructed and curated echo chamber of nonsense that bears very little resemblance to the real world. This has its roots in Roger Ailes and Fox News but has gone out of control like Frankenstein's monster. Now, many conservatives are unreachable, impenetrable to facts and reason.

Reformedguy

One of the biggest political problems, not only in the US but increasingly in the developed world as a whole, is that conservatives live in a carefully constructed and curated echo chamber of nonsense that bears very little resemblance to the real world. This has its roots in Roger Ailes and Fox News but has gone out of control like Frankenstein's monster. Now, many conservatives are unreachable, impenetrable to facts and reason.

Uh oh, we're back to a left wing loons boogeyman man Roger Ailes.

Furion

Oh dear, you must resurrect a dead man for your rant!

Maybe it was Nixon who started it, maybe it was Reagan or it might have been Buckley!

If conservatives are impenetrable, it seems you waste your time.

Backup

and they keep getting burned, over and over, by their conspiracy blogs, but keep going back for more.

Flaming liberal buys crazy left narrative, film at 11

DeSanto

One of the biggest political problems, not only in the US but increasingly in the developed world as a whole, is that conservatives live in a carefully constructed and curated echo chamber of nonsense that bears very little resemblance to the real world. This has its roots in Roger Ailes and Fox News but has gone out of control like Frankenstein's monster. Now, many conservatives are unreachable, impenetrable to facts and reason....
...said the blind man to his mute wife.

Whateverman

I hope you don't get paid to think
Based on what you write here in these forums, you're pretty much a Christian nihilist. "Nothing matters!" "Who cares?" "We all end up in the same place!"

If you reject Christian nihilism, then it might be best to stop saying things Christian nihilists would say...

Reformedguy

Based on what you write here in these forums, you're pretty much a Christian nihilist. "Nothing matters!" "Who cares?" "We all end up in the same place!"

If you reject Christian nihilism, then it might be best to stop saying things Christian nihilists would say...
I am saying things atheists should say. After all your simply making it up right? Chemical reactions in the brain right?

Whateverman

I am saying things atheists should say.
You've been told - multiple times - that atheists don't say these things. Thus, these things are coming from you alone.

Temujin

Hence the word "should". Your chemicals missed that one.
Who appointed you the person who decides what atheists "should" say? Doesn't the fact that atheists don't say these things give you pause for thought? What would you think of an atheist who declared that all Christians should support abortion, suicide and euthanasia as a way of getting innocent people to heaven quicker?

You are just another God-bothering right-wing, lousy mind-reader. This place is stiff with them. You are wrong about what atheists "should" say because your thinking about atheists is fundamentally flawed. Are you too arrogant to ask what actual atheists think, or is your ignorance too comfortable to challenge?

Reformedguy

Who appointed you the person who decides what atheists "should" say? Doesn't the fact that atheists don't say these things give you pause for thought? What would you think of an atheist who declared that all Christians should support abortion, suicide and euthanasia as a way of getting innocent people to heaven quicker?

You are just another God-bothering right-wing, lousy mind-reader. This place is stiff with them. You are wrong about what atheists "should" say because your thinking about atheists is fundamentally flawed. Are you too arrogant to ask what actual atheists think, or is your ignorance too comfortable to challenge?
I will forgive you for this obscene post. Clearly you had a bad chemical reaction. Try shaking your head once. Maybe that will work.

I never said I was and never mentioned what anyone should say.

It would not get innocent people to heaven quicker. There are no innocent people.

What do I think about atheists? You apparently you can mind read. Please by precise.

Reformedguy

But since they don't, those words are coming from you and only you.

Maybe you "should" petition CARM for a new Christian Nihilism sub-forum. There's nothing to be ashamed about...

Why would I? That is not what I believe.

Being ashamed is simply a chemical reaction and irrelevant. I cannot control it.