Conversion, the result of regeneration.

Helpful info. Pretty deep. I’m sure the free willers enjoy.
Next
No we don't enjoy. If it were not for the grace of God and his mercy, we would find it depressing to see a brother forfeiting eternal rewards.

Do Calvinists and Arminians preach the same gospel ?
Well, think about it. The Gospel is by Grace Alone, not Synergistic, but Monergistic.

1 Cor. 2:14The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

As you can see from the text, we need the mind of Christ first in order to judge and understand spiritual truths. Without it, the Text says, it will not be understood. Spiritual truths are spiritually discerned. To say that we can come to Christ apart from the Holy Spirit is to give credit to unspiritual man for something that is directly contrary to his very nature.

Jonathan Edwards sums this up beautifully:

"The word of God is no proper cause of this effect: it does not operate by any nature force in it. The word of God is only made use of convey to the mind the subject matter of this saving instruction: and this indeed it doth convey to our minds these and those doctrines; it is the cause of the notion of them in our heads, but not of the sense of the divine excellency of them in our hearts. Indeed a person cannot have spiritual light without the Word. But that does not argue, that the word properly causes the light. The mind cannot see the excellency of any doctrine, unless that doctrine be first in the mind; but the seeing of the excellency of the doctrine may be immediately from the Spirit of God; though the conveying of the doctrine or proposition itself may be by the Word. So that the notions that are the subject matter of this light, are conveyed to the mind by the Word of God; but that due sense of the heart, wherein this light formally consists, is immediately by the Spirit of God. As for instance, that notion that there is a Christ, and that Christ is Holy and Gracious, is conveyed to the mind by the Word of God: but the sense of the excellency of Christ by reason of that holiness and grace, is nevertheless immediately the work of the Holy Spirit."​

Nope. Stop lying to yourself Tom.

I pray God may open your eyes to these profound truths.

1 Cor 1:18,
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
sorry the verse is before you

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

you are in denial

Well, think about it. The Gospel is by Grace Alone, not Synergistic, but Monergistic.

1 Cor. 2:14The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

As you can see from the text, we need the mind of Christ first in order to judge and understand spiritual truths. Without it, the Text says, it will not be understood. Spiritual truths are spiritually discerned. To say that we can come to Christ apart from the Holy Spirit is to give credit to unspiritual man for something that is directly contrary to his very nature.

"The word of God is no proper cause of this effect: it does not operate by any nature force in it. The word of God is only made use of convey to the mind the subject matter of this saving instruction: and this indeed it doth convey to our minds these and those doctrines; it is the cause of the notion of them in our heads, but not of the sense of the divine excellency of them in our hearts. Indeed a person cannot have spiritual light without the Word. But that does not argue, that the word properly causes the light. The mind cannot see the excellency of any doctrine, unless that doctrine be first in the mind; but the seeing of the excellency of the doctrine may be immediately from the Spirit of God; though the conveying of the doctrine or proposition itself may be by the Word. So that the notions that are the subject matter of this light, are conveyed to the mind by the Word of God; but that due sense of the heart, wherein this light formally consists, is immediately by the Spirit of God. As for instance, that notion that there is a Christ, and that Christ is Holy and Gracious, is conveyed to the mind by the Word of God: but the sense of the excellency of Christ by reason of that holiness and grace, is nevertheless immediately the work of the Holy Spirit."​
So I will take your answer as a no to my question . Since it’s a different gospel Synergism vs Monergism would you say it’s a false gospel ?

Er rather by grace throuigh faith

You may be preaching a different gospel there if you leave it out

Do Calvinists and Arminians preach the same gospel ?
As long as the arms preach what’s in the word and don’t change the message, yes.
For example, to insert come forward and ask Jesus into your heart or, smile Jesus loves you, this isn’t the gospel.

As long as the arms preach what’s in the word and don’t change the message, yes.
For example, to insert come forward and ask Jesus into your heart or, smile Jesus loves you, this isn’t the gospel.
1 Corinthians 15:3–11 (ESV) — 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

If you are willing to sit and learn for possibly ten hours of recorded exegetical teaching?

Some answers require and acquired depth to grasp. Not always possible to give some simple answer when the answer requires a new learning curve to develop a frame of reference.

If you love to study and learn? You might find yourself enjoying being exposed to what not many teachers are qualified to teach.
Just ask.
And how do you know I haven’t spent many hours studying God’s word?

Do I have to go for a brain transplant first.

I was a pow for many years and experienced brainwashing and learning curves.

I’m not interested. I love to study and learn God’s word as it is written. I do not anymore read scripture and conform it to a fallen human natured understanding.

Stop labeling and putting me in a box. It might help you realize that not all who disagree with you are from the same cookie cutter.

Grace makes a believer able to be free.

I never said we have a free will in regards to spiritual matters from birth.
Do you believe man has free will? And can choose to be saved?

Yes, no?

I’ll let you label yourself.

And how do you know I haven’t spent many hours studying God’s word?

Do I have to go for a brain transplant first.

I was a pow for many years and experienced brainwashing and learning curves.

I’m not interested. I love to study and learn God’s word as it is written. I do not anymore read scripture and conform it to a fallen human natured understanding.
No first is a heart transplant not a brain .

1 Corinthians 15:3–11 (ESV) — 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
Did you forget to insert you point?
Well go ahead.

John 3:16 :)
John 3:16. Awesome verse!

Are you trying to say something? If so, please do.
If it relates to John 3:16 I’m sure the free willers will love it because they use 3:16 to interpret the rest of the Bible. So you can’t go wrong! ?

But go ahead.

Next….

sorry the verse is before you

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

you are in denial
Keep putting parts of verses in bold. I hope one day they will stick out for you.

John 3:16. Awesome verse!

Are you trying to say something? If so, please do.
If it relates to John 3:16 I’m sure the free willers will love it because they use 3:16 to interpret the rest of the Bible. So you can’t go wrong! ?

But go ahead.

Next….
The gospel have you shared it with a lost person before ? How did you explain it to them , John 3:16 ?

The gospel have you shared it with a lost person before ?
Yes.
How did you explain it to them , John 3:16 ?
Just as it says friend, just as it says.

I’m not breaking down verses and passages teaching theology to a list sinner. God the Holy Spirit uses the word as it is, it’s the power of God into salvation.
According to you, should I break it up into peacemeal, apply what I think it means and serve it? Does God need my help?

Next…..

Back