Conversion, the result of regeneration.

My pastor taught ex POW's. He himself was retired military.
He has taught us on the Communist brain washing techniques in detail.
And, taught lessons as to be a means to survive them!
He had a strong following of military around the world.

If you gave it a chance you will be handed keys that unlock left and right, and supplied to sustain you beyond what you can now understand.

He daily faithfully studied from the Hebrew and Greek, and taught his congregation at least six evenings a week.

Take a look and see the areas he covered over years of teaching. https://rbthieme.org/PDF/LessonListingForWeb2014.pdf

And, this is him: https://rbthieme.org/index.html#tabs-3

grace and peace ...........
I’m not an x- pow as far as war goes.
I’m talking about being an Arminian. It’s kinda like the same thing in a way

The TRUTH will make you free!

We need sound doctrinal teaching.
Not the clap trap we get peddled in most churches we find today.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number
of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2 Timothy 4:3​
I agree

No. Not in ourselves.

Grace alone is what makes us capable. By grace we can gain faith (believing and understanding God's Word)

That is why grace must be given for us to become saved.
For the flesh on its own will always suppress free will and enslave us to its particular tendencies and desires.
Thanks for your explanation

I’m not an x- pow as far as war goes.
I’m talking about being an Arminian. It’s kinda like the same thing in a way
The spiritual prison or dungeon would be Calvinism . I think you are confused about this for some reason . It parallels the prison analogy much closer than what you claimed in your post, agree ?

The spiritual prison or dungeon would be Calvinism . I think you are confused about this for some reason . It parallels the prison analogy much closer than what you claimed in your post, agree ?
Lol. You threw out solid biblical doctrine. So why would I listen to you.

Next…

Well then, he knows scripture. If you knew scripture you would be a Calvinist also.
?
Lol, you're correct, if he knew the Scriptures he would.

The way I see it, the remark the Pharisees knew Scripture but not Jesus is a not so veiled way of calling Calvinists lost. Well, I don't think one saying "I know Scripture" warrants that remark. it was a positive statement.

But it's the same old trolling, discord, strife, division, to ad nauseam. Some apparently live for this, it's their practice. Two of them made certain to get their ad homs in on Howie for his statement.

But is knowing the Scriptures something spoken of positively in the Bible?

Here is 2 Timothy 3:14-15;

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."

Earlier in 2 Timothy 2:15 Paul exhorts Timothy to study the Scriptures.

The way I see it, the remark the Pharisees knew Scripture but not Jesus is a not so veiled way of calling Calvinists lost. Well, I don't think one saying "I know Scripture" warrants that remark. it was a positive statement.

But it's the same old trolling, discord, strife, division, to ad nauseam. Some apparently live for this, it's their practice. Two of them made certain to get their ad homs in on Howie for his statement.

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."

It's all you know

I was talking about the Pharisees who like you claimed to know the Bible but they did not know Jesus. It’s a dead lifeless faith like the religious and pious Pharisees.

John 5
You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study[c] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Back