Conversion, the result of regeneration.

Uh-huh.

Ain't none of us been to Rome, but you're definitely swimming the Tiber.

No one here follows a dead Roman Catholic theologian.

Actually not true. I pointed out your faux pas on 1 Peter 1:3. Your view isn't close to being clear, you cannot even apply context, and make rookie mistakes all day long.
I ain’t never been to Spain but I kinda like the music. Never been to Rome either.

And as some think the gospel preached produces faith in the natural man, I have no idea why they would think such a thing. If that be the case everyone who heard the gospel would be saved.
They probably believe the gospel produces life because it is the word of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:14 - How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:15 - And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of themthat preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

They probably believe the gospel produces life because it is the word of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:14 - How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:15 - And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of themthat preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Not a very learned Arminian

Jeremiah 31
A new covenant I will make with them. Not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the desert, which they broke.
I will put My law in their minds and write it on their hearts.

Pretty straightforward really.

The devil is not included in the new covenant.
You are not addressing the issue

You believe God irresistibly causes faith in the heart of man or man cannot believe

how does the devil overcome the irresistible grace God gives in creating faith in a man's heart

see verse below

Luke 8:12 (LSB) — 12 “And those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.

Exactly ! Romans 10:13 says they that call on the Lord will be saved.
Absolutely. But who will call on the Lord? Surely not the spiritually dead.
Edit} one must be regenerated first. ?
Calvinist must know more than Paul because they add their spin and qualifiers on scripture just like Roman Catholics do to scripture.
Do I sense some anger buddy?
You obviously don’t know Calvinism. And you sure don’t have the right to speak for them. Ask them and let them speak for themselves.
Now that’s down right mean!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. But who will call on the Lord? Surely not the spiritually dead.

Do I sense some anger buddy?
You obviously don’t know Calvinism. And you sure don’t have the right to speak for them. Ask them and let them speak for themselves.

Now that’s down right mean!
There it is the “who” which is your Calvinist blinders. The verse says for whosoever so whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Exactly ! Romans 10:13 says they that call on the Lord will be saved. Calvinist must know more than Paul because they add their spin and qualifiers on scripture just like Roman Catholics do to scripture. The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Yep. Faith is the first conscience exorcize of the renewed soul, and the act of regeneration.

Back