Conversion, the result of regeneration.

Why do you keep repeating this Tom? This wasn't His answer.
His answer was "the wind blows were it wishes, so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
Sorry no

The question of Nicodemis in verse 9 follows after rthat

John 3:9–18 (KJV 1900) — 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

See my brothers, they don't have a clue about the Doctrine of Sin and the fall of man. This is why they only have Rosie color lens view of mankind. People are good, and God see this, and because of this goodness in mankind God saves them because of it. How ridiculous that they don't know about the Doctrine of sin, but say that people need to believe Christ, for what I say. There's no sin or fall in their view, so live as you wan to, there's no sin or hell for that matter.

But I'll give you a clue Genesis 3.​
I think you missed his point

"That's why "you guys" need to read and study the Bible; then "you guys" can understand that fallen man can still hear, head, and call out for mercy to God's only begotten Son who takes away the sin of the world."

he was asking you to justify a denial of the above from the bibles expounding on the fall of man i.e. Gen 3

Regeneration is the work of God the Holy Spirit as He supernaturally and immediately changes the disposition of the soul from spiritual death to spiritual life.
Conversion is a result of regeneration. When we are converted, we’re turned around and we move in a different direction.
Sproul.

Conversion according to scripture involves a change of mind, a change in the evaluation of things. After conversion a man fosters different views concerning God and Christ and sin and salvation than he did before his conversion.

1 Corinthians 2:
12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.

Regeneration is first in the order of salvation.
Maybe Bob was correct ;).

Regeneration is conversion. Conversion from what to what? From death to life.

Chronologically speaking, the first time we read of "regeneration in the New Testament is Matthew 19 and it is eschatological, not soteriological.

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said to them, "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Or I suppose we could say it is an overlap of eschatology and soteriology, but for our purposes it speaks of a future regeneration of the already regenerate. Thankfully, the unregenerate won't be judging the tribes of Israel. The Greek word here is "palingenesia," and some English translations translate the term as "renewal," which is curious because of the next text worth citing. Soteriologically speaking, the recently much debated in CARM text from Titus 3:5-7 states.

Titus 3:5-7
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Here in Titus we have both regeneration (palingenesia) and renewal (anakainōseōs). Some translations translate this "palingenesia" as "rebirth." This Titus regeneration is a regeneration of "washing." God saved us.... by the washing of regeneration. What is being washed? Well, the answer to that question might take several posts because the scriptures speak a great deal about washing but for now I'll suggest the chief washing is that of the washing away of sins and limit my post accordingly. Soteriologically speaking regeneration is the washing away of sins. We normally refer to washing in terms of sanctification, or being purified and made holy (separated for sacred purpose), so we see there is an overlap between regeneration and sanctification.

As to the "rebirth," that's how we typically connect palingenesia to John 3:3's "born again" or "born anew from above" (gennethe anothen). As far as the Greek goes these are not the same words. Shall I split more hairs? Jesus later informs his "born again" comment by saying, "you must be born again... born of the Spirit" (vss. 7-8). So, the rebirth or new birth of John 3:3 is a birth of the Spirit. Is it correct exegesis to connect this to the regeneration and renewal mentioned in Titus 3, after all that renewing is by the Holy Spirit. According to 1 Peter 1:2 the Holy Spirit is also what does the sanctifying but there are probably at least a half dozen ways the scriptures speak of our sanctification (Jesus said his followers were sanctified in truth by his sanctification :unsure:).

Lastly, and I post this at the risk of provoking old, tiresome well-worn debates but Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life" (Jn. 5:24). The Arminian and the other soteriological synergists read this to imply a sequence between hearing, believing, and then having eternal life, even though the word "then" is absent and there's no explicit report of sequence. They also read into the text some causations. A person doesn't believe unless they have heard, and they do not have eternal life unless they have believed. The Calvinist and those of the other monergist povs, on the other hand, see a simple statement of overlapping or co-occurring conditions. The one who hears (already) has eternal life. The one who believes (already) has eternal life. The one who has eternal life hears, the one who has eternal life believes. The synergist inserts a "then," and the monergist inserts an "already."

Off to work. There's more to be said but this is all I can post now. Have at it ;).

Sorry no

The question of Nicodemis in verse 9 follows after rthat

John 3:9–18 (KJV 1900) — 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3/3 Unless on is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God

John 3/4 How can a man be born when he is old?

John 3/7 Do not marvel that I said to you You must be born again. The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it but cannot tell from where it comes or where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

John 3/10 Are you the teacher of Israel and do not know this?

So why did Jesus say Nicodemus should already know this?
Maybe because (being the teacher) he knew Jeremiah 31

Jeremiah 31/31
the days are coming when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel. Not like the one I made with their fathers in the desert which they broke....I will put My law in their minds and write it in their hearts. I will be their God and they shall be My people.

That's why Nicodemus should have known the new covenant was through sovereign election.

John 3/3 Unless on is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God

John 3/4 How can a man be born when he is old?

John 3/7 Do not marvel that I said to you You must be born again. The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it but cannot tell from where it comes or where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

John 3/10 Are you the teacher of Israel and do not know this?

So why did Jesus say Nicodemus should already know this?
Maybe because (being the teacher) he knew Jeremiah 31

Jeremiah 31/31
the days are coming when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel. Not like the one I made with their fathers in the desert which they broke....I will put My law in their minds and write it in their hearts. I will be their God and they shall be My people.

That's why Nicodemus should have known the new covenant was through sovereign election.
You do know that was a future promise of the New covenant and most of Israel did not receive it?

Some

Some will never understand the “biblical “ meaning of belief. Believing means you humbled yourself before God acknowledged and owned that you have sinned against Him, asking for His forgiveness, knowing that your only hope and trust is in what Jesus did for you by His life( sinless), death, resurrection ,ascension , and return. There is a mental assent without faith which does not produce fruit, and then there is “ belief” which eternally changes a life making the believer an adopted child of Almighty God for eternity. The only true test for one’s self is are you being a light in a dark world. Jesus said no man lights a candle then hides it under a bushel. If you are born again you are telling others about Jesus , and or you are only lying to yourself and running from God( truth).
Exactly nice reply

You do know that was a future promise of the New covenant and most of Israel did not receive it?
Right, because Paul claims "not all Israel is Israel"......and "I will call them My people who are not My people"

But that's from Romans 9, so I understand.

Why did Abraham leave Ur?

When did Abraham believe the Gospel?
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Right after you explain John 3:16 which you don’t understand.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so-loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Then you might try to explain 1John 2:2:
Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
I asked you first leatherneck. If you can't answer it, then just say so, and I'll proceed to answer your questions. But for the the sake of argument keep reading John 3.

19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

Adam, Eve, Enoch, Noah were all fallen; when were they regenerated?
So you do not even hold Prevenient Grace either, correct? If you do not then you are a full blown Pelagian, if you do then you are Semi-Pelagian. Because by this comment it shows me that you believe the serpent and not God. You will not surely die, God is lying to you, because then your eyes will be open and you'll be like gods (Pride & Jealously). So tell us, what happen to Adam and Eve?

So think about this and ponder before you answer. Do sinners need to be born again in the Spirit? If so why? If not explain.​

So you do not even hold Prevenient Grace either, correct?...

I do hold to Prevenient Grace: Creation testifying, law written in the hearts, conscience bearing witness, Holy Spirit reproving, the living word:
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

I asked you first leatherneck. If you can't answer it, then just say so, and I'll proceed to answer your questions. But for the the sake of argument keep reading John 3.

19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
I can answer your question but why would I ? Calvinist change the context of every verse that proves Calvinism is a lie that has changed the gospel just like Roman Catholics, JW,s, Mormons etc. You don’t understand John 3:16, 1John 2:2 why would I expect you to understand the verse you are asking about ? You asked when did Abraham believe the gospel , and after I gave you the answer that Jesus provided you skipped right over the answer, which was no surprise.—>Jhn 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

It isn’t what you think it is. They loved their sin more than God. You might want to study Romans 1.

Jesus answered your question but you can’t see it.—>
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 8:56 - Your fatherAbraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Abraham believed but had to wait in the paradise side of sheoal until Jesus paid his sin debt.
I am not seeing it, you are correct. I am asking you to explain...Here are the two questions if you want to reply.

Why did Abraham leave Ur?

When did Abraham believe the Gospel?

Were you born loving your sin more than God? What changed?
God drew me to Jesus then I humbled myself , asked God’s forgiveness, believed Him, and placed my faith in Jesus. If you aren’t telling people about Jesus you are lying to yourself. Jesus said no man lights a candle and hides it under a bushel. If you are think you are born again and not telling others about Jesus you don’t have a light to hide.

Back