Converts to Roman Catholicism (especially the new ones . . .)

Those RC distinctives are not in the Bible, which means that they have no mandate from God.
Scripture is the Church's book written by the apostles for the authority of the Church. The book, a book is not an authority as it cannot interpreter itself.

JoeT

Scripture is the Church's book written by the apostles for the authority of the Church. The book, a book is not an authority as it cannot interpreter itself.

JoeT
JoeT said:

JoeT
========================================end Joe's post

yes it is; Joe
but you keep making the mistake of
Conflationing
the merging of two or more sets of information, texts, ideas or opinions into one, often in error.
Conflation is defined as fusing or blending, but is often misunderstood as 'being equal to' -
treating two similar but disparate concepts as the same.
the """Church of Christ" with the Evil Wild Olive of Romans ch.11
aka The RCC

Joe;
all the RCC is built upon is false hood and the deception of Satan
"Yea, Hath God said"
" Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel,
Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness,
and stay thereon:"

as God has said thru Isaiah
Isaiah 30:7​
For the Egyptians shall help in vain, and to no purpose:​
therefore have I cried concerning this, .​

----------Posters------------

When you wear the ""Ear Rings"" of the Gods of Egypt
all you have
"""ears to hear """
is :devilish: the Voice :devilish: of those that speak for
the Egyptian Gods

far to many of the Protestants are also guilty of the same things

Where is God in your post? He inspired the authors of Scripture - it's HIS book. Give God the glory, not man!
Where was your God when posting there is nothing 'special' about His most favored? Or when you claim the Mother of Christ is sinful thus Christ bares original sin and must seek 'justification' from His Father? Where was your God when you besiege the Mother of God? How about these answer, will we ever get them?

Let's have the answers! Why do you hate your spiritual mother?

JoeT

and Joe stamps his feet and throws a "Hissy"
Where was your God when posting there is nothing 'special' about His most favored? Or when you claim the Mother of Christ is sinful thus Christ bares original sin and must seek 'justification' from His Father? Where was your God when you besiege the Mother of God? How about these answer, will we ever get them?

JoeT
JoeT said:

JoeT
==========================end Joe's Post

ahhhh Joe;
Mary is not My Mother;
this Lady is​
and ain't she Beautiful​
Jerusalem which is above is free,
which is the mother of us all.​

I know you are not one of her Children
but you can be "Adopted"
grafted in as Paul says
Romans ch.11

Joe;
Christ is not in, nor congregates in the
Evil Tree of Rome

you will find the Father, Christ, the Bride, the Angels
Enoch, Elijah, Moses,
and also the 4 and 20 Elders here

mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn,
which are written in heaven,
and to God the Judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,
and to the blood of sprinkling,​

Joe;
as Paul says
you can be cut off the Evil Tree of Sodom;
and be grafted into the True Olive
you don't have to remain a Slave to a Pharoah = Pope
/

The Holy Spirit never said anything about Mary being our mother. Actually, He already gave that role and position to someone else:

Isa 51:1 "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth"

1Pe 3:6 "Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right"

Gal 4:26 "But Sarah, the free woman, represents the heavenly Jerusalem. And she is our mother"

You say Mary. God says Sarah.

The Apostle Peter says Sarah. The Apostle Paul says Sarah.

We must believe God and His Apostles, not you. I am sure you can understand.

JoeT
So, you answer a question with questions of your own: how very like a politician!

Jesus is God's most favoured, and He is definitely special!

We are all sinners, including Mary, who confessed that she needed a Saviour.

Luke 1:46,47 (KJV)
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Jesus did not have original sin, since his conception was miraculous, by the Holy Spirit, without a human father.

No-one is besieging Jesus' mother!

Our spiritual mother is not Mary...

Gal. 4:21-31 (KJV)
21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

There you are - answers to all your questions. Now, will you answer mine?

There is no such thing as a "spiritual mother".

And no Protestant "hates" Mary.
If your argument was valid (it's not), that means that you disobey Jesus by hating all Protetstants, because you don't reocognize us as "most favored".

We're not "throwing Mary under the bus".
We're simply taking her off the pedestal she would NEVER want to be on in the first place.

So, you answer a question with questions of your own: how very like a politician!
Thank you. I've thought of running for President. Please vote for me!
Jesus is God's most favored, and He is definitely special!
We are all sinners, including Mary, who confessed that she needed a Saviour.

Luke 1:46,47 (KJV)
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Gabriel said she was "full of Grace". Protestants say no, "kecharitomene" means "most favored". So, which is it? Can we hold you to your answer for about ten minutes?

Actually, according to Blass and DeBrunner "kecharitomene" would be more properly translated to say Mary is “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace." But, most favored works too.
Jesus did not have original sin, since his conception was miraculous, by the Holy Spirit, without a human father.
I can agree with that however Jesus is both Divine and human. Being human necessitates being born of woman and as such is has both the guilt and punishment of sin, unless of course one is born of a New Eve before the fall. So, we are left with several option, God created God an absurdity, Jesus wasn't human thus the sacrifice was without merit, or Mary was a New Eve without original sin to pass to her Son. Which is it?
No-one is besieging Jesus' mother!
Ok, lets say instead, attaching her honor.
Our spiritual mother is not Mary...

Gal. 4:21-31 (KJV)
21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.
This passage is an allegory (as stated) with three pairs of images. On the one hand we have the two sons of Sara a free woman and Agar a bond woman. The progeny of free women are free men however the progeny of a bond woman has the same servitude as their mother. On the other hand, we have two places Mt. Sina where Moses was handed the Law from God and Jerusalem which was free. Likewise, there are two Covenants. The Jews are in bondage to the Law of Moses as Agar was bound. Conversely, Christ born of a woman free of original sin yet according to the flesh is free. Rejoice then says St. Paul you are bon of Jerusalem, free as children of the New Covenant, a free Jerusalem.

Mary is Mother of Jesus, Son of God. As believers in Jesus Christ, we become adopted sons and daughters of God [John 1:12], thus brothers of Christ through that adoption. Our relationship has now changed, Mary becomes our adopted Mother as well. Allegorically we are free of the former Covenant of Moses, and freemen of the city of Jerusalem, the Catholic Church.

There you are - answers to all your questions. Now, will you answer mine?
Very good, you did answer my questions. Allegorically, however, your post is a bridge of questionable stability constructed of unfounded crumbling sandstone into a swamp where hungry alligators await misfortune which is sure to come.

JoeT

Last edited:
Mary is Mother of Jesus, Son of God. As believers in Jesus Christ, we become adopted sons and daughters of God, thus brothers of Christ through that adoption. Our relationship is now changed, Mary becomes our adopted Mother as well and allegorically we are free of the former Covenant of Moses, a free city of Jerusalem.

So that would make Joseph our Father, rather than God.

Do you see what garbage you end up with when you reject Scripture in favour of worthless rationalizations?

There is no such thing as a "spiritual mother".
I don't think I misspelled it, did I?

Mary is our spiritual mother means she nurtures our understanding, our moral, emotional, and cultural life in Christ through her prayers for her spiritual children.
And no Protestant "hates" Mary.
If your argument was valid (it's not), that means that you disobey Jesus by hating all Protetstants, because you don't reocognize us as "most favored".
? Why would I do that?
We're not "throwing Mary under the bus".
then backed up the bus.
We're simply taking her off the pedestal she would NEVER want to be on in the first place.
Don't, shouldn't we admire those who are most honorable among us?

JoeT

I don't think I misspelled it, did I?

Just because you can spell something correctly, does not make it a real thing.
Mary is our spiritual mother

No, she's not.

means she nurtures our understanding, our moral, emotional, and cultural life in Christ through her prayers for her spiritual children.

Mary is completely oblivious to anything or anyone on Earth.
She is not God.
She is not omniscient.
Your belief is borderline blasphemous.

Don't, shouldn't we admire those who are most honorable among us?

We do honour Jesus.
But as blessed as Mary was, she was not "most honorable".

Stop putting her on a pedestal that she would NEVER want to be on.

Back