Cornelius and the Gentiles with him had the gift of the Holy Spirit poured on them (Acts 10:45)

Newbirth

You believe Jesus took away the sin of the world by repenting of my sin?
Nope, I never said that... you asked
Shilohsfoal said:
What sin do you believe Jesus committed that he might need to repent of?
That's the first I've heard of that.
Because you made it up.
And I thought it was because he offerd himself as a sacrifice for the sins of many. Not because he was baptised by John.
What was John's call?
Mark 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Based on your understanding of what John was doing. Which baptism did Jesus submit to?

Shilohsfoal

Shilohsfoal said:

Because you made it up.

What was John's call?
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Based on your understanding of what John was doing. Which baptism did Jesus submit to?
What baptism was Jesus submitting too?

I didn't know he was submitting to a baptism.

Shilohsfoal

Not according to me. Where did I write that?

You said Jesus repented for my sin.​

Newbirth

Well-known member​

Shilohsfoal said:
He is repenting for your sin...What did John say when he say Jesus coming?
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
John 1:36
And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Do you have a Bible that you actually read sir?

Shilohsfoal

Shilohsfoal said:

Because you made it up.

What was John's call?
Since you say Jesus repented for my sin by being baptized in water then he did it for me.I wouldn't need to be baptized in water.Jesus already did it for me.

Problem solved

Newbirth

You said Jesus repented for my sin.​

Newbirth

Well-known member​

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

What baptism was John doing?

Jesus did not have sins, did he? What did John say...

Newbirth

Since you say Jesus repented for my sin by being baptized in water then he did it for me.
One does not repent by being baptized. To repent is to be sorry or have regret. Jesus was sorry for us because of our sins. Baptizing is dipping in water. Have you ever repented for your sins? It is clear that you do not know what repentance is.
I wouldn't need to be baptized in water.Jesus already did it for me.
Jesus did not get baptized for you. This is what you asked...
Shilohsfoal said:

there was no mention of baptism.
Problem solved
No, you still have a problem. You need to understand that repentance and baptism are two different things.

Shilohsfoal

What baptism was John doing?

Jesus did not have sins, did he? What did John say...
You've already told me that Jesus repented for my sins.

Shilohsfoal

it is in your bible...

Then you should look up the meaning of submit.
Yes,you said Jesus repented for my sins.Thsts what you said
He was baptized in water for my sins.

Now you need to stick by what you said or change your mind and day he didn't repent for my sins and got baptised for me.

Last edited:

Shilohsfoal

One does not repent by being baptized. To repent is to be sorry or have regret. Jesus was sorry for us because of our sins. Baptizing is dipping in water. Have you ever repented for your sins? It is clear that you do not know what repentance is.

Jesus did not get baptized for you. This is what you asked...
Shilohsfoal said:

there was no mention of baptism.

No, you still have a problem. You need to understand that repentance and baptism are two different things.
Yes ,John preached the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
You said Jesus repented for my sins and then he was baptized in water.

Since you say Jesus repented for my sins,then he was also baptized for repentence for the remission of my sins.

I have no need to be baptized by man such as John the Baptist.Ive been baptized by the Lord.Ive been baptized with the baptism John the Baptist was not baptized with.

Newbirth

Yes,you said Jesus repented for my sins.Thsts what you said
yes you asked about repent not baptism
He was baptized in water for my sins.
I did not say that, you did.
Now you need to stick by what you said
Please pull the quote to support your claim
or change your mind and day he didn't repent for my sins and got baptised for me.
I don't have to change my mind. You have to quote the post where I said what you are claiming I said.

Newbirth

Yes ,John preached the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Then you should listen to John
You said Jesus repented for my sins and then he was baptized in water.
No I did not ...Please quote my exact words.
Since you say Jesus repented for my sins,then he was also baptized for repentence for the remission of my sins.
That is your claim, not mine.
I have no need to be baptized by man such as John the Baptist.
That is your belief.
Ive been baptized by the Lord.
That is also your belief
Ive been baptized with the baptism John the Baptist was not baptized with.
but you have not been baptized with the baptism that Jesus was baptized with. Did Jesus' disciples baptize believers in water?
Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Was Corneilus baptized in water?
Acts 10
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

please explain why it was good for those but not for you.

eternomade

I think the Gentiles had the gift of the Holy Spirit poured out on them to convince the Jews present that God intended for them to be part of the church as well as Jews. And it worked because Peter had them baptized which is when they received the Holy Spirit for the purpose of salvation according to God's promise in Acts 2:38.
Exactly. Cornelius was regenerated in chapter 10 I believe. God heard him...

Shilohsfoal

yes you asked about repent not baptism

I did not say that, you did.

Please pull the quote to support your claim

I don't have to change my mind. You have to quote the post where I said what you are claiming I said.
The discussion was about baptism.

Shilohsfoal

Then you should listen to John

No I did not ...Please quote my exact words.

That is your claim, not mine.

That is your belief.

That is also your belief

but you have not been baptized with the baptism that Jesus was baptized with. Did Jesus' disciples baptize believers in water?
Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Was Corneilus baptized in water?
Acts 10
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

please explain why it was good for those but not for you.
I didn't say it was good for those to to be baptized in water,You did.That is your beleif.

Shilohsfoal

Look at what you said above.

You make the argument that Jesus got baptised in John's baptism unto repentence for the remission of sins.

I said what sins did Jesus need to repent of?

You answered that he needed to repent for my sin.

That's what happened when you leave a conversation and come back a month later and can't remember the things you've said.

It's hard to carry on a conversation with someone who disappears for a month then comes back and wants to pick up where you left off.
I've already moved on from this topic.

Newbirth

Look at what you said above.

You make the argument that Jesus got baptised in John's baptism unto repentence for the remission of sins.
That is what the bible teaches...
I said what sins did Jesus need to repent of?
Repent as in feeling sorry for the sins that all men committed including you
You answered that he needed to repent for my sin.
yes you and all men
That's what happened when you leave a conversation and come back a month later and can't remember the things you've said.
Nothing happened. You are trying to make excuses for not being water baptized
It's hard to carry on a conversation with someone who disappears for a month then comes back and wants to pick up where you left off.
I've already moved on from this topic.
Don't blame me for that. Blame the mods...