Cornelius not regenerate previously

TomFL

Recall regeneration as defined by many Calvinist theologians and lexicons

provides for a purified heart and New life

If it can be shown Cornelius received these during Peter's sermon

then it is established he was not regenerate before

thus

Acts 15:8–9 (KJV 1900)
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

we note Cornelius received the spirit and had his heart purified by faith

and

Acts 11:15–18 (KJV 1900)
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

at that time had repentance unto life

Last edited:

TomFL

thus

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

and

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Anyone ?

brightfame52

thus

and

Cornelius already had, a regenerate heart that feared God. God sent him more light. Cornelius was a Just/Justified man already Acts 10:22

And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Prov 4 18

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

So yes he was regenerated already, thats why God sent him the Gospel, so he could believe Peter said Acts 15 7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

You can only hear the word spiritually and believe if you been born of the Spirit.

TomFL

Cornelius already had, a regenerate heart that feared God. God sent him more light. Cornelius was a Just/Justified man already Acts 10:22

And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

Prov 4 18

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

So yes he was regenerated already, thats why God sent him the Gospel, so he could believe Peter said Acts 15 7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

You can only hear the word spiritually and believe if you been born of the Spirit.

Prov 4 18

Cornelius

Prov 4 18

Not according to the text

thus

It was at this point Cornelius heart was purified

Not before

and

One cannot be regenerated apart from the gospel and the holy Spirit

Aside from that regeneration as it brings new life and a new heart is the onset of salvation but Cornelius was to receive words by which he would saved

Acts 11:14 —ESV
“he will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’”

brightfame52

Cornelius

thus

Not before

and

Aside from that regeneration as it brings new life and a new heart is the onset of salvation but Cornelius was to receive words by which he would saved

“he will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’”
Nothing here stating Cornelius wasn't regenerated before believing the Gospel. It would be impossible since He already had a spiritual heart given him that fears God.

TomFL

Nothing here stating Cornelius wasn't regenerated before believing the Gospel. It would be impossible since He already had a spiritual heart given him that fears God.
Sorry you are in denial and just ignore the evidence

thus

Not before

and

brightfame52

Sorry you are in denial and just ignore the evidence

thus

Not before

and

You ignore evidence. Cornelius had a regenerated heart that feared God. Paul wrote about it Rom 2 28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

TomFL

You ignore evidence. Cornelius had a regenerated heart that feared God. Paul wrote about it Rom 2 28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
There is no such evidence

thus

Not before

and

brightfame52

There is no such evidence

thus

Not before

and

Yes he had a circumcised heart, one that feared God. Him and those in his house were regenerated because they feared God too !

TomFL

Yes he had a circumcised heart, one that feared God. Him and those in his house were regenerated because they feared God too !
Book chapter and verse about a circumcised heart

thus

Not before

and

brightfame52

Book chapter and verse about a circumcised heart

thus

Not before

and

Man by nature doesnt fear God Rom 3 18
18 there is no fear of God before their eyes.

So when one has the fear of God, they are a new creature.

TomFL

Man by nature doesnt fear God Rom 3 18
18 there is no fear of God before their eyes.

So when one has the fear of God, they are a new creature.
Wrong

Cornelius had not heard the gospel

did not have the holy spirit

and still needed to hear words by which he would be saved

and there is no verse which states when one fears God they are a new creature

You are inventing your own scriptures

brightfame52

Wrong

Cornelius had not heard the gospel

did not have the holy spirit

and still needed to hear words by which he would be saved

and there is no verse which states when one fears God they are a new creature

You are inventing your own scriptures
God's Mercy was upon Cornelius and his house from everlasting to everlasting PS 103 17

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

TomFL

God's Mercy was upon Cornelius and his house from everlasting to everlasting PS 103 17

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
That is why he was told to send for Peter so he could hear the gospel , believe and be saved

TomFL

The Gospel as it is a word of Salvation is to the regenerate saved. Cornelius proves that.
Sorry but you just ignore scripture

Cornelius received life, purified heart and the holy Spirit at Peter's sermon

when he heard words by which he was to be saved

TomFL

Because he was born again he was prepared to receive the things of God.
Nope

You still are ignoring the facts

Cornelius received life, a purified heart, the holy Spirit at Peter's sermon when he heard words by which he was to be saved

Your entire approach at understanding scripture is filled with error after error.

for You have no regard for context or scriptural harmony and pick whatever verse you believe you can pour your

theology into and then ignore anything contrary to it

brightfame52

Nope

Cornelius received life, a purified heart, the holy Spirit at Peter's sermon when he heard words by which he was to be saved

Your entire approach at understanding scripture is filled with error after error.

for You have no regard for context or scriptural harmony and pick whatever verse you believe you can pour your

Yes a regenerate heart is the good good ground heart here Matt 13 23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Cornelius fitted that mold.

TomFL

Yes a regenerate heart is the good good ground heart here Matt 13 23

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Cornelius fitted that mold.
You still ignore scripture

Nope