Could this be another source of vaccine misinformation?

Bonnie

You cannot condemn communism. That confirms everything I have said about you.
It confirms NOTHING. Because I DO condemn communism. I was looking up the following and while I was doing that, you jumped to conclusions--again:

Communism is a philosophical, social, political, and economic ideology and movement whose goal is the establishment of a communist society, namely a socioeconomic order structured upon the ideas of common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money, and the state. Wikipedia

It sounds reasonable on paper, but in actuality, when it is carried out, it is brutal, cruel and oppressive. It merely substitutes one form of oppression for another. Like in Orwell's Animal Farm.

My husband has family on his mother's side that for decades lived under communist rule in East Germany. He has a cousin that is a devout Christian who, in college decades ago, was mocked by many of his fellow students for being a Christiansm. Once, at a class party, someone slipped a Mickey into his punch, and he woke up in an insane asylum, where the wardens tried to get him to kill himself. He almost did. It took 3 weeks for his parents to find him and get him out of there. He has not been the same since, and has been in and out of mental hospitals ever since.

He suffers from depression and is bi-polar and is on a bunch of meds, but they don't help much. Lithium helped for awhile, then quit. He has tried to kill himself 3 times, but by the grace of God, someone found him in time..

I think what the communists did to him caused permanent brain damage.

He is a gentle soul, and a near-genius. I have met him several times. He is a bit of a religious fanatic, but is harmless, though he talks too much and too quickly. He is in a kind of nursing home now, in a part dedicated to those with mental and emotional problems, while his 101-year-old mother is in the section for the elderly, so they can visit each other regularly.

So, yes I know what communism is and what it did to some people. My husband, along with his mother and little sister, visited his mom's relatives in East Germany when he was 11 years old. He still remembers that, and seeing a communist spy watching his grandparents' house every day, hiding behind a newspaper...

SO--do you think still that I can't condemn Communism? DO YOU?

glenlogie

It confirms NOTHING. Because I DO condemn communism. I was looking up the following and while I was doing that, you jumped to conclusions--again:

It sounds reasonable on paper, but in actuality, when it is carried out, it is brutal, cruel and oppressive. It merely substitutes one form of oppression for another. Like in Orwell's Animal Farm.

My husband has family on his mother's side that for decades lived under communist rule in East Germany. He has a cousin that is a devout Christian who, in college decades ago, was mocked by many of his fellow students for being a Christiansm. Once, at a class party, someone slipped a Mickey into his punch, and he woke up in an insane asylum, where the wardens tried to get him to kill himself. He almost did. It took 3 weeks for his parents to find him and get him out of there. He has not been the same since, and has been in and out of mental hospitals ever since.

He suffers from depression and is bi-polar and is on a bunch of meds, but they don't help much. Lithium helped for awhile, then quit. He has tried to kill himself 3 times, but by the grace of God, someone found him in time..

I think what the communists did to him caused permanent brain damage.

He is a gentle soul, and a near-genius. I have met him several times. He is a bit of a religious fanatic, but is harmless, though he talks too much and too quickly. He is in a kind of nursing home now, in a part dedicated to those with mental and emotional problems, while his 101-year-old mother is in the section for the elderly, so they can visit each other regularly.

So, yes I know what communism is and what it did to some people. My husband, along with his mother and little sister, visited his mom's relatives in East Germany when he was 11 years old. He still remembers that, and seeing a communist spy watching his grandparents' house every day, hiding behind a newspaper...

SO--do you think still that I can't condemn Communism? DO YOU?
Thank you for that admission.

Bonnie

Part 2--

My husband and I lived in West Germany for 3 years, from 1976-79. He was in the Army then. We hopped a flight to West Berlin in the spring of 1979. While there, we visited the Checkpoint Charlie museum, which was very interesting and a testament in courage, for those who managed to find a way to escape. From there, we could see into parts of East Berlin, to see how colorless, shabby. and drab it was, compared to W.Berlin.

While we lived in Germany, my in laws came to visit us for a month, and my husband's cousin and grandmother were able to visit with us for a week. That is how we found out what happened to my husband's cousin, since my MIL was there to translate.

So, yes I AM able to condemn Communism in the strongest possible terms because I have seen first-hand what it can do to people AND a country!

Last edited:

Bonnie

Thank you for that admission.
You are welcome. Do you still think that what I write confirms everything you have said about me on here?

But please realize that there are better ways to get exercise than by jumping to conclusions, before you have all the facts! :(

glenlogie

You are welcome. But please realize that there are better ways to get exercise than by jumping to conclusions, before you have all the facts! :(
One can only make conclusions from what one sees.

Nobody every concludes a post saying. Those are all the facts. One can just weigh the total of what has been said.

Bonnie

Post #76. my dear.

You may say the moon is made of green cheese, but that does not make it true.
This is my post no. 76:

believe you when you say you say you are slightly right of center.

Too bad, because I am.
glenlogie said:
You say right wingers, but never have I seen you say left wingers.

Because it isn't necessary.

glenlogie said:
You are not believable.
Well, neither are some of the sources you and your fellow right-wingers use on here, so we are even.
Now, where in this post did I say there are NO left wingers?

Please show me.

And please do not call me "dear." My husband is the only one who calls me that. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bonnie

Are the left wingers a threat to the US?
Depends upon the left winger...extremists in both wings can be a threat.

But my poly-Sci teacher in college said liberals want to change something, and conservatives want something to stay the same. By that definition, some right wing conservatives would be liberals because many want to change who is president. Others would like to change the vaccine mandates popping up. In these scenarios, they would be left-wingers--liberals..

ALL of us, I would venture to say, are left wingers in some areas, right wingers in others. Neither is a dirty word.

Last edited:

glenlogie

Depends upon the left winger...extremists in both wings can be a threat.

But my poly-Sci teacher in college said liberals want to change something, and conservatives want something to stay the same. By that definition, some right wing conservatives would be liberals because many want to change who is president. Others would like to change the vaccine mandates popping up. In these scenarios, they would be left-wingers.

ALL of us, I would venture to say, are left wingers in some areas, right wingers in others. Neither is a dirty word.
Really now, because you used right-wingers like an epithet yesterday.