Could this be another source of vaccine misinformation?

Bonnie

I did not say I cannot condemn Communism. But you asked me about condemning CommunISTS in that post, not CommunISM. Individual Communists could differ in their beliefs about Communism and some could be more extreme than others. That is all I meant when I said I had not met any. Sorry for any confusion.

But after thinking it over, I don't think I could classify Communism as it has come to be practiced as left wing, centrist, or right wing....I think it is in a class by itself, but NOT in a good way.

Bonnie

Are you an expert?

Are you? But my husband has and had relatives that lived and suffered under Communism for decades after Stalin closed the border between East and West Germany, until 1989. So, I do know something about Communism and how it was put into practice.
Is your Snopes near the penultimate determinate source?
I never even brought up Snopes here, so not sure why you are so obsessed with it. But again, one of your colleagues on here quoted Snopes to prove that one of the threads on here was fake news...so, is it okay if HE uses it...? If so...why?

Last edited:

Bonnie

Really now, because you used right-wingers like an epithet yesterday.
That is just your opinion. I don't recall using it as an epithet. But if those people I used it about identify themselves as right-wingers, then how could my calling them that be an "epithet"?

But then, I and others have been inaccurately labeled and condemned as "left wingers" and a "Marxist" when we disagree about some of the opinions about covid and vaccines for it..would you not say those could be seen as epithets? Especially since I have denied being a left winger?

But it is extremism on either side that I don't like--such as, saying that making kids wear masks is child abuse, and parents who allow their children to get the covid vaccine should be arrested for child abuse...these 2 things strike me as being over the top extreme, especially the one about face masks...

How about calling those of us who chose to get vaccinated "sheeple" or "sheep"? Or "gullible"? Are those okay?

Last edited:

glenlogie

That is just your opinion. I don't recall using it as an epithet. But it is extremism on either side that I don't like--such as, saying that making kids wear masks is child abuse, and parents who allow their children to get the covid vaccine should be arrested for child abuse...these 2 things strike me as being over the top extreme, especially the one about face masks...

But then, I have been inaccurately labeled and condemned as a "left winger" and a "Marxist" when I disagree about some of the opinions about covid and vaccines for it...would you not say those could be seen as epithets?

How about calling those of us who chose to get vaccinated "sheeple" or "sheep"? Are those okay?

So how can calling those who admit to being right-winger "right wingers" be an epithet?
Well you did say yesterday that left wingers were not a problem.

Bonnie

Or you could just restate your opinion: are left wingers a problem in the US
OR you could just show me where I supposedly wrote that, so I could see the context. Because you did write this in post no. 125 on here:

"Well you did say yesterday that left wingers were not a problem."

So, where did I write that?

glenlogie

OR you could just show me where I supposedly wrote that, so I could see the context. Because you did write this in post no. 125 on here:

"Well you did say yesterday that left wingers were not a problem."

So, where did I write that?
I am not interested in playing games. I will form my judgments of you from your responses or lack of responses

Bonnie

I am not interested in playing games. I will form my judgments of you from your responses or lack of responses
Neither am I. But I asked to be shown on here where I supposedly wrote "left wingers are not a problem." You made the assertion that I did, so the burden of proof is on you to substantiate that claim. That is a standard debating guideline. I used the search engine and could not find that quote on this thread.

I DID write that extremism is what is bad (paraphrasing).

But I asked a perfectly reasonable question. Now, if you overstepped yourself, or made a mistake, and misread or misremembeted, then admit it. I won't mock or lambast you for it. I have goofed, myself, a few times, misremembering what someone wrote on here. Happens to all of us. :)

Last edited:

glenlogie

Neither am I. But I asked to be shown on here where I supposedly wrote "left wingers are not a problem." You made the assertion that I did, so the burden of proof is on you to substantiate that claim. That us a standard debating guideline. I used the search engine and could not find thst quote on this thread.

But I asked a perfectly reasonable question. Now, if you overstepped yourself, or made a mistake, and misread or misremembeted, then admit it. I won't mock or lambast you for it. I have goofed, myself, a few times, misremembering what someone wrote on here. Happens to all of us. :)
Let us start fresh, a clean skate as it were.

Do left wingers present a problem to America today, in any manner