Covenantbreakers

You are a commandment breaker. How do you expect to enter the kingdom of heaven or is keeping the commandments optional?

Sounds like you're asking a non-Mormon what he believes.

I guess you've forgotten this is the MORMONISM forum.

I thought it did.

You figure it out.
You did not explain. Apparently, you cannot. But I DID correct what I meant by the goody-goody thing here in post no. 199:

Covenantbreakers | Page 10 | CARM Forums

See? Basically it means "big whoop."
Perfection wasn't in any portion of that dialog. Jesus didn't ask him about the "other commandments". It amazes me that you guys seem to think you can read minds and tell us what they "thought" :rolleyes:
You mean like how a Mormon on here knows what Bruce Lee would have thought? :)

Theo1689 said:
So Bruce Lee was aware of Mormons! Good to know...
All I am aware of with certainty is that he would strongly disagree with a person who wakes up every morning saying "Oh thank you, God, for the luck that has saved me."

The bolded word refers to Bruce Lee, does it not? Yet somehow, this poster knows the thoughts of a man who has been DEAD for decades!

Last edited:
Praise God Almighty! I got this in my email today.

I had a meeting with Michelle today. I was able to witness to her.

The Holy Spirit truly worked in Michelle’s heart. She told me she was thinking about leaving the LDS Church because she didn’t feel good about it and didn’t like being judged for everything she did. She said she was looking for a new church. She was searching for truth.

That lead me to talking her about Jesus’ full payment from our sins on the cross. I lead her through the Romans road and she understood everything. She said she never heard or understand these passages before until now. I could see she was ready to receive Christ as your true Savior. Today she asked Christ to Savior by putting her faith in Christ’s work on the cross alone for the payment of her sins.

After she prayed, she felt peace, hope and happiness she hadn’t felt in a long time. We are planning to get together each week and learn more about her new faith in Christ. Pray the Lord keeps working in her heart. Thank you all for your prayers.

That’s wonderful.

You are a commandment breaker. How do you expect to enter the kingdom of heaven or is keeping the commandments optional?
We all are commandment breakers, for "ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." So, HOW are we then made right with God? By OUR works, like temple works and covenants? HOW, in your own words, Mesenja, if you please?

brotherofJared,

You take my quote "That is correct" out of context and then twist everything around to try and make it look like I am doing what you are doing.

What a deceptive Mormon you are, they have trained you well
RCM You've just given me inspiration for new song. I'm going to entitle it "Oh What a Deceptive Mormon He Was" In honor of Joseph Smith

He had the skill of manipulating the divining rod and the peep-stone...

To make what you had his own

Oh what a deceptive Mormon he was

He claimed he could detect the presence of the treasure...

If you would only give him some of your hard-earned cash...

His mother, in her memoirs, tells of gangs of ruffians who were chasing Joseph and trying to get hold of the golden plates after the angel Moroni had delivered them to him.

But the fact is that these ruffians were his old partners who felt that they should have a share in the treasure, if there was one. They probably felt that he was holding out on them.

Oh what a deceptive Mormon he was...

I guess you've forgotten that this is a debate forum.
It's pretty obvious Who can't handle this being a Debate forum on Mormonism as you have no ammunition to debate with. And I doubt very seriously if your gonna come up with any. But it's extremely entertaining watching you try.

Please do tell how you came up with that conclusion.
This forum is about the topic of Mormonism in which opposing arguments are put forward and debated. The question I asked you is not only germane to the topic being discussed it is a valid counterargument.

Yes, correct on both counts so what's your point?

The Jesus of biblical Christianity and the Jesus of Mormonism are quite obviously very different persons.

The Mormon Jesus in the false teaching found in Mormonism is supposedly our elder brother from our first estate, from our life during the preexistence, where we lived with our Heavenly Father, Elohim, and our Heavenly Mothers, near that great star, Kolob. I think I may have seen this in a Star Trek episode.

There is no better place to see this enormous difference than in the Book of Mormon, which Mormons advertise as “Another Testament of Jesus Christ.” This claim is even stamped in print on the cover of the book’s recent editions. But is it true? Only if you are one of the unfortunate followers being deceived by the cult of Mormonism. If that's the case you supposed to believe everything they tell you is true.

The word another on the Book of Mormon cover implies an additional testament. The dictionary defines another as “different” or “changed.”

Always watch out for: ANOTHER JESUS, ANOTHER SPIRIT, ANOTHER GOSPEL

As you read this post, I asked you to determine which definition fits the Book of Mormon and the Mormon Jesus.

What happened when Jesus went to Calvary in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon? If the Jesus of the Book of Mormon is truly the same, the “Testament” should be the same.

Let's take a good look at the Jesus of the Book of Mormon as you just can't make this stuff up... Well unless your name is Joseph Smith.

In the Book of Mormon, Jesus brought death and destruction with him to the cross. Third Nephi, chapters 8 and 9, details the events testifying of Christ’s crucifixion. It describes the desolation of the great city of Zarahemla by fire, and the city of Moroni …did sink into the sea and the inhabitants thereof were drowned.… The earth was carried up upon the city of Mornihah.…

There was great and terrible destruction in the land southward … terrible destruction in the land northward … the highways were broken up … many great and noble cities were sunk and many burned and many shaken till the buildings thereof had fallen to the earth.… All these great and terrible things were done in the space of three hours.

Third Nephi chapter 9 tells of further wrath as the cities and all the inhabitants of Gigal, Onihah, Mocum, Jerusalem, Gadiandi, Gadiomnah, Jacob, Gimgimmo, Jacobugath, Laman, Josh, Gad, and Kishkumen are annihilated—a total of 16 major cities.

So just who did all this killing to testify of our Lord’s atonement on Calvary! Third Nephi 9:15 reveals the murderer of approximately two million innocent inhabitants of the Book of Mormon lands on The Mormon Jesus:

“Behold, I am Jesus Christ the son of God. I created the heavens and the earth and all things that in them are.” He adds in verse 21, “Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world to save the world from sin.”

It appears that the easiest way for the Book of Mormon Jesus to “bring redemption” was to kill millions of human beings, a vast proportion of his “other sheep.”

The Book of Mormon Jesus wipes out millions of people who knew nothing of Calvary to testify of his gift to mankind at Calvary. Is that what we see in the Bible From the real Jesus, or do we see two different a Different Jesus here?

The answer is pretty obvious I would say. You can't find Jesus in Mormonism only a made up fake Jesus Just like everything else in Mormonism.

The Jesus of biblical Christianity and the Jesus of Mormonism are quite obviously very different persons.

The Mormon Jesus in the false teaching found in Mormonism is supposedly our elder brother from our first estate, from our life during the preexistence, where we lived with our Heavenly Father, Elohim, and our Heavenly Mothers, near that great star, Kolob. I think I may have seen this in a Star Trek episode.

There is no better place to see this enormous difference than in the Book of Mormon, which Mormons advertise as “Another Testament of Jesus Christ.” This claim is even stamped in print on the cover of the book’s recent editions. But is it true? Only if you are one of the unfortunate followers being deceived by the cult of Mormonism. If that's the case you supposed to believe everything they tell you is true.

The word another on the Book of Mormon cover implies an additional testament. The dictionary defines another as “different” or “changed.”

As you read this post, I asked you to determine which definition fits the Book of Mormon and the Mormon Jesus.

What happened when Jesus went to Calvary in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon? If the Jesus of the Book of Mormon is truly the same, the “Testament” should be the same.

Let's take a good look at the Jesus of the Book of Mormon as you just can't make this stuff up... Well unless your name is Joseph Smith.

In the Book of Mormon, Jesus brought death and destruction with him to the cross. Third Nephi, chapters 8 and 9, details the events testifying of Christ’s crucifixion. It describes the desolation of the great city of Zarahemla by fire, and the city of Moroni …did sink into the sea and the inhabitants thereof were drowned.… The earth was carried up upon the city of Mornihah.…

There was great and terrible destruction in the land southward … terrible destruction in the land northward … the highways were broken up … many great and noble cities were sunk and many burned and many shaken till the buildings thereof had fallen to the earth.… All these great and terrible things were done in the space of three hours.

Third Nephi chapter 9 tells of further wrath as the cities and all the inhabitants of Gigal, Onihah, Mocum, Jerusalem, Gadiandi, Gadiomnah, Jacob, Gimgimmo, Jacobugath, Laman, Josh, Gad, and Kishkumen are annihilated—a total of 16 major cities.

So just who did all this killing to testify of our Lord’s atonement on Calvary! Third Nephi 9:15 reveals the murderer of approximately two million innocent inhabitants of the Book of Mormon lands on The Mormon Jesus:

“Behold, I am Jesus Christ the son of God. I created the heavens and the earth and all things that in them are.” He adds in verse 21, “Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world to save the world from sin.”

It appears that the easiest way for the Book of Mormon Jesus to “bring redemption” was to kill millions of human beings, a vast proportion of his “other sheep.”

The Book of Mormon Jesus wipes out millions of people who knew nothing of Calvary to testify of his gift to mankind at Calvary. Is that what we see in the Bible From the real Jesus, or do we see two different a Different Jesus here?

The answer is pretty obvious I would say. You can't find Jesus in Mormonism only a made up fake Jesus Just like everything else in Mormonism.

I think that you are using shotgun argumentation.

I think that you are using shotgun argumentation.
Why thank you. And that was only one barrel, I have another cocked and loaded.

But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. (2 Cor. 11:3-4)

Just as Mormons say they believe in “salvation by grace” they also say they believe in the Jesus Christ of the New Testament. However, when Mormons say they believe in Jesus Christ, it is not the same Jesus that Christians refer to. It's not the Jesus of the New Testament. Christians need to be careful not to make the mistake of thinking Mormons are Christians simply because Mormons use the same words but have different meanings.

Mormons are well practiced in the art of deception and words are their main tools.

First and foremost Mormonism would like to confuse us about who Jesus really is. They would like us to believe that Jesus is of little or no real importance. Since Mormonism believes in an apparently endless number of worlds with apparently endless numbers of Gods. Hence Jesus is just another one of countless deities to them.

While Jesus may be special on this Earth to Mormons, there are an endless number of inhabited Earths, each with their own Gods, making Jesus an almost infinitely common deity throughout the universe. In referring to different inhabited Earths throughout the universe, the Mormon God declares in the Mormon scripture Pearl of Great Price, “worlds without number have I created... their numbers were great, even numberless as the sand upon the sea shore” (Book of Moses, 1:28-29, 33). Thus, the Mormon God declares: “But only an account of this earth, and the inhabitants thereof, give I unto you” (Book of Moses, 1:35).

Last edited:

More likely saw it in a Battlestar Galactica episode!

Back