Covenantbreakers

The bolded word refers to Bruce Lee, does it not? Yet somehow, this poster knows the thoughts of a man who has been DEAD for decades!

if the criteria for evidence were first-hand evidence we would have very little certitude in anything.

RCM You've just given me inspiration for new song. I'm going to entitle it "Oh What a Deceptive Mormon He Was" In honor of Joseph Smith

He had the skill of manipulating the divining rod and the peep-stone...

To make what you had his own

Oh what a deceptive Mormon he was

He claimed he could detect the presence of the treasure...

If you would only give him some of your hard-earned cash...

His mother, in her memoirs, tells of gangs of ruffians who were chasing Joseph and trying to get hold of the golden plates after the angel Moroni had delivered them to him.

But the fact is that these ruffians were his old partners who felt that they should have a share in the treasure, if there was one. They probably felt that he was holding out on them.

Oh what a deceptive Mormon he was...

Redeemed,

That is pretty good,

Glad you replied to the post, as the moderator edited it out of my post

Guess I violated some rule of personal attack

RCM

It may have been 2001: A Space Odyssey as it was quite odd you see!
Someone on here told me that Battlestar Galactica was created or produced, I forget which, by a Mormon, which is why there are some parallels between the two. In Mormonism, God lives near a star named Kolob; in BG, there is a planet or star named Kobol. There are some other parallels but I forget what they are and anyway, I haven't seen an episode in over 35 years, and never watched it much, anyway.

The Jesus of biblical Christianity and the Jesus of Mormonism are quite obviously very different persons.

The Mormon Jesus in the false teaching found in Mormonism is supposedly our elder brother from our first estate, from our life during the preexistence, where we lived with our Heavenly Father, Elohim, and our Heavenly Mothers, near that great star, Kolob. I think I may have seen this in a Star Trek episode.

There is no better place to see this enormous difference than in the Book of Mormon, which Mormons advertise as “Another Testament of Jesus Christ.” This claim is even stamped in print on the cover of the book’s recent editions. But is it true? Only if you are one of the unfortunate followers being deceived by the cult of Mormonism. If that's the case you supposed to believe everything they tell you is true.

The word another on the Book of Mormon cover implies an additional testament. The dictionary defines another as “different” or “changed.”

Always watch out for: ANOTHER JESUS, ANOTHER SPIRIT, ANOTHER GOSPEL

As you read this post, I asked you to determine which definition fits the Book of Mormon and the Mormon Jesus.

What happened when Jesus went to Calvary in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon? If the Jesus of the Book of Mormon is truly the same, the “Testament” should be the same.

Let's take a good look at the Jesus of the Book of Mormon as you just can't make this stuff up... Well unless your name is Joseph Smith.

In the Book of Mormon, Jesus brought death and destruction with him to the cross. Third Nephi, chapters 8 and 9, details the events testifying of Christ’s crucifixion. It describes the desolation of the great city of Zarahemla by fire, and the city of Moroni …did sink into the sea and the inhabitants thereof were drowned.… The earth was carried up upon the city of Mornihah.…

There was great and terrible destruction in the land southward … terrible destruction in the land northward … the highways were broken up … many great and noble cities were sunk and many burned and many shaken till the buildings thereof had fallen to the earth.… All these great and terrible things were done in the space of three hours.

Third Nephi chapter 9 tells of further wrath as the cities and all the inhabitants of Gigal, Onihah, Mocum, Jerusalem, Gadiandi, Gadiomnah, Jacob, Gimgimmo, Jacobugath, Laman, Josh, Gad, and Kishkumen are annihilated—a total of 16 major cities.

So just who did all this killing to testify of our Lord’s atonement on Calvary! Third Nephi 9:15 reveals the murderer of approximately two million innocent inhabitants of the Book of Mormon lands on The Mormon Jesus:

“Behold, I am Jesus Christ the son of God. I created the heavens and the earth and all things that in them are.” He adds in verse 21, “Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world to save the world from sin.”

It appears that the easiest way for the Book of Mormon Jesus to “bring redemption” was to kill millions of human beings, a vast proportion of his “other sheep.”

The Book of Mormon Jesus wipes out millions of people who knew nothing of Calvary to testify of his gift to mankind at Calvary. Is that what we see in the Bible From the real Jesus, or do we see two different a Different Jesus here?

The answer is pretty obvious I would say. You can't find Jesus in Mormonism only a made up fake Jesus Just like everything else in Mormonism.
Good post. Jesus said He came to SAVE people, not destroy them, when His disciples wanted Him to call down fire on a town that had rejected Him. Guess the Mormon Jesus lied....didn't he?

Take a look at the following examples from Doctrine and Covenants that teach salvation by good works, personal merit and keeping the law:

He that repents and does the commandments of the Lord shall be forgiven;... (Doctrine and Covenants 1:32)

And those who receive it [the truth of the Mormon Church] in faith, and work righteousness, shall receive a crown of eternal life [exaltation as God];... (Doctrine and Covenants 20:14)

Wherefore, give heed unto these things and be diligent in keeping my commandments, and you shall be blessed unto eternal life. Amen. (Doctrine and Covenants 30:8)

And whoso is found a faithful, a just, and a wise steward shall enter into the joy of his Lord, and shall inherit eternal life. (Doctrine and Covenants 51:19)

And, if you keep my commandments and endure to the end you shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God. (Doctrine and Covenants 14:7)

But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come. (Doctrine and Covenants 59:23)

And that you be firm in keeping the commandments wherewith I have commanded you; and if you do this, behold I grant unto you eternal life, even if you should be slain. (Doctrine and Covenants 5:22)

... if he [Joseph Smith] shall be diligent in keeping my commandments he shall be blessed unto eternal life.... (Doctrine and Covenants 18:8)

Herein is glory and honor, and immortality and eternal life—The ordinance of baptism by water, to be immersed therein in order to answer to the likeness of the dead [baptism for the dead].... (Doctrine and Covenants 128:12)

The Book of Mormon, teaches salvation by good works:

And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will remember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I have said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me. (Book of Mormon, Alma 7:16)

if the criteria for evidence were first-hand evidence we would have very little certitude in anything.
But we see a double standard here, don't we?

brotherofJared said:
Perfection wasn't in any portion of that dialog. Jesus didn't ask him about the "other commandments". It amazes me that you guys seem to think you can read minds and tell us what they "thought" :rolleyes:
You mean like how a Mormon on here knows what Bruce Lee would have thought?
And a Mormon on here DID claim to know what Bruce Lee, who has been dead for decades, would have thought. Didn't he?

Theo1689 said:
So Bruce Lee was aware of Mormons! Good to know...
All I am aware of with certainty is that he would strongly disagree with a person who wakes up every morning saying "Oh thank you, God, for the luck that has saved me."

But then, where did any of us on here say we" thank God for the LUCK that has save me"?

Last edited:
Someone on here told me that Battlestar Galactica was created or produced, I forget which, by a Mormon, which is why there are some parallels between the two. In Mormonism, God lives near a star named Kolob; in BG, there is a planet or star named Kobol. There are some other parallels but I forget what they are and anyway, I haven't seen an episode in over 35 years, and never watched it much, anyway.
That's a good one Bonnie. I had no idea, see you can learn something new everyday. I wish I'd known I would've made the dumb space Odyssey. joke.
But the main point is the teachings found in Mormonism are not only deceptive but they are closely related to outer space science fiction.

That's a good one Bonnie. I had no idea, see you can learn something new everyday. I wish I'd known I would've made the dumb space Odyssey. joke.
But the main point is the teachings found in Mormonism are not only deceptive but they are closely related to outer space science fiction.
It wasn't dumb. :)I didn't know about it, either, until this poster put down the information on here. But yes, as an acquaintance of mine told me about 30+ years ago, "When you get into Mormonism, you get into science fiction." And bad science fiction, I might add.

Good post. Jesus said He came to SAVE people, not destroy them, when His disciples wanted Him to call down fire on a town that had rejected Him. Guess the Mormon Jesus lied....didn't he?

Yep he sure did. That's actually putting it mildly. Because the truth of the matter is the Mormon Jesus is a lie Just like the rest of Mormonism.

It wasn't dumb. :)I didn't know about it, either, until this poster put down the information on here. But yes, as an acquaintance of mine told me about 30+ years ago, "When you get into Mormonism, you get into science fiction." And bad science fiction, I might add.
That's good to know also reassuring that I'm not the only one that can see how ludicrous and outlandish Mormonism is. I can understand why they use the tactics that are in your signature because how can one argue or defend bad science fiction. It seemed like the longer we do this the easier it is to see their tactics and how lame those tactics are.

But we see a double standard here, don't we?

No, not at all. To argue that Jesus believed something that he never taught and never brought up but secretly thought was true isn't a double standard. it is just plain stupid and desperate.

And a Mormon on here DID claim to know what Bruce Lee, who has been dead for decades, would have thought. Didn't he?

Instead of engaging brotherofJared's argument, you cry squirrel. You do know what Jesus would have thought, don't you someone who died not decades but millennia ago?

But then, where did any of us on here say we" thank God for the LUCK that has save me"?

No one is saying that this is a direct statement. It is however reasonable to conclude that someone winning God's lottery for salvation would think like this.

No, not at all. To argue that Jesus believed something that he never taught and never brought up but secretly thought was true isn't a double standard. it is just plain stupid and desperate.

Instead of engaging brotherofJared's argument, you cry squirrel. You do know what Jesus would have thought, don't you someone who died not decades but millennia ago?

No one is saying that this is a direct statement. It is however reasonable to conclude that someone winning God's lottery for salvation would think like this.
Yes, there is a double standard about supposedly reading another person's mind. First the Mormon complains how we cannot read another person's mind, like Jesus'--yet a Mormon poster claims to know what Bruce Lee would have thought about something. It makes no difference if one died 2000 years ago, or 3 decades ago--BOTH involve mind reading. And therein lies the double standard, whether you will acknowledge it--or not.

I hope you get it, now.

And the idea that we think salvation is a spiritual lottery is ludicrous. We KNOW we are saved because of Jesus' promises to us, that those who believe in Him will not perish, but have eternal life...we HAVE passed from death to life. Because of faith in the One and only Son of God.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a double standard about supposedly reading another person's mind. First the Mormon complains how we cannot read another person's mind, like Jesus'--yet a Mormon poster claims to know what Bruce Lee would have thought about something. It makes no difference if one died 2000 years ago, or 3 decades ago--BOTH involve mind reading. And therein lies the double standard, whether you will acknowledge it--or not.

I hope you get it, now.

Actually I don't get it. I never claimed the ability to read Bruce Lee's mind.

I hope you get it, now.

Mormonism is big on mind control and brain washing by teaching that: Nothing is ever God’s, church leaders‘, or the church’s fault. It is always the fault of the member’s behavior or a misunderstanding of church doctrine, or that Satan has led you in the wrong direction. And that you just have to get your mind right.

This is a carryover of brain washing from Joseph Smith, who was very clever in always making the person feel guilty and responsible when he fails or questions church policy.

Bishops and other church leaders generally give the same responses that Smith made to his followers. If you question church doctrine or the Book of Mormon, the Bishop or other church officials they will tell you to read it again, be humble, remember you are a child of God, pray about it and he will tell you that it is true.(Mind control)

When Mormons start seeing all of the lies associated with Mormonism they are told that they are risking apostasy and separation from their families for eternity. It's called the fear tactic. This line is a powerful mind control tactic.

Mormonism is big on mind control and brain washing by teaching that: Nothing is ever God’s, church leaders‘, or the church’s fault. It is always the fault of the member’s behavior or a misunderstanding of church doctrine, or that Satan has led you in the wrong direction. And that you just have to get your mind right.

This is a carryover of brain washing from Joseph Smith, who was very clever in always making the person feel guilty and responsible when he fails or questions church policy.

Bishops and other church leaders generally give the same responses that Smith made to his followers. If you question church doctrine or the Book of Mormon, the Bishop or other church officials they will tell you to read it again, be humble, remember you are a child of God, pray about it and he will tell you that it is true.(Mind control)

When Mormons start seeing all of the lies associated with Mormonism they are told that they are risking apostasy and separation from their families for eternity. It's called the fear tactic. This line is a powerful mind control tactic.

What peer reviewed studies or any valid authoritative source can you cite to substantiate your claim? That's right there isn't any.

Last edited:
First the Mormon complains how we cannot read another person's mind, like Jesus'--yet a Mormon poster claims to know what Bruce Lee would have thought about something.

There are other ways to know what someone would have thought about something besides mentalism.

Back