Covenantbreakers

Obedience is the basic law of heaven, and obedience to specific laws will result in specific blessings, culminating in the greatest blessing, as Elder Marion G. Romney explained: “The perfection upon which exaltation hangs, I repeat, is an individual matter. It is conditioned upon the observance of celestial laws as they apply to earth life. The Word of Wisdom is one of them, so also are chastity, tithing, observance of the Sabbath day, prayer, honesty, industry, love of God and fellow men, patience, kindness, charity, and all the rest of the principles and ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Each individual who observes one or more of these laws shall receive the blessings predicated thereon, and each Church member who will, with all the energy of his soul, diligently strive to live them all, shall receive the blessings predicated upon such striving. Eternal life, the greatest gift of God, is that blessing, and it will follow the living of the gospel as the night the day, regardless of statistics or averages, or of what others think or say or do.” (In Conference Report, Oct. 1956, pp. 15–16; see also Enrichment G in the Appendix.)

“Section 130, Items of Instruction,” Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual (2002), 321–24

Is your disagreement with Elder Marion G. Romney's statement that you refuse to accept 1 Corinthians 15:2?

The Apostle Peter also made it clear that baptism is a commandment for all people:“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38
That's out of context and refutes Mormonism.

Acts 2: 28-39
37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The promise is unto "as many as the Lord our God shall call" and it says nothing about the necessity of the laying on of anyone's hands.

41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

If three thousand were baptized, I hope there were a lot people performing the baptisms! I wonder about the length of the service.

John 15:10-14 doesn't contradict Christianity.

I agree. But John does contradict faith alone theology:

John 15:10--King James Version
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Which isn't any different than Christ's testimony here:

John 14:21-24---King James Version
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

That's exactly what one will find being taught in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

All Christians have been born of the Spirit and are following Christ, no longer walking in darkness.

They wouldn't be a Christian if they didn't comply with the above.

So--are these testimonies true about the walk and the Spirit?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Acts 5:31-32---King James Version

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

After All We Can Do” Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means

July 20, 2015 Two Mormon Guys Blog Posts

1) Are either of these "Two Mormon Guys" the Prophet/President of the church? If not, why should anyone care about their opinions?

2) I see that you don't have any originial thoughts, as all you do is search the internet to find answers to criticisms brought up. That is not a "discussion". That is why the rules prohibit answering posts with nothing but a link to a website.

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Acts 5:31-32---King James Version
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

This is a great opening segue as to whether salvation is. conditional or unconditional.

IF we say that we have fellowship with Him while we are walking in darkness, (THEN) we lie and do not do what is true; but IF we walk in the light as He himself is in the light, (THEN) we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1) Are either of these "Two Mormon Guys" the Prophet/President of the church? If not, why should anyone care about their opinions?

Are you a prophet, founder or president of any Christian denomination? No. Then the same rules apply to you. Why should anyone care about what you have to say? It’s just your opinion.
2) I see that you don't have any originial thoughts, as all you do is search the internet to find answers to criticisms brought up. That is not a "discussion". That is why the rules prohibit answering posts with nothing but a link to a website.

Do you have any original thoughts other than the ones you were taught?

Are you a prophet, founder or president of any Christian denomination? No. Then the same rules apply to you. Why should anyone care about what you have to say? It’s just your opinion.

Do you have any original thoughts other than the ones you were taught?
His posts are biblical answers and original thoughts inline with those biblical answers.

Do Mormons teach children that Jesus suffered for the sins of adults? Lots of people suffer. But Jesus died for our sins. Why do Mormons think Jesus learned something by suffering?

Do you even have a clue? a person walking in darkness needs to repent. A person being saved is following the Shepherd instead of walking in darkness

!

Then your answer to this question is yes. Do you believe that sacrament and the ordinance of baptism are channels for God's grace?

His posts are biblical answers and original thoughts inline with those biblical answers. Do Mormons teach children that Jesus suffered for the sins of adults? Lots of people suffer. But Jesus died for our sins. Why do Mormons think Jesus learned something by suffering?

KJ21 though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered.

I agree. But John does contradict faith alone theology:

John 15:10--King James Version
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Which isn't any different than Christ's testimony here:

John 14:21-24---King James Version
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

That's exactly what one will find being taught in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I believe the only faith that comes from God is living faith. I've said many times that "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
James 1:17

Pay attention this time and you won't have to keep reapeating the same question.

I believe the only faith that comes from God is living faith. I've said many times that "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
James 1:17

Pay attention this time and you won't have to keep reapeating the same question.

You didn’t address what was posted.

Back