Covenantbreakers

Borderline personal attack
Of course, we all know you can't answer the question. There is no unity in modern Christian theology. You all make up your own doctrines and then claim that you all are saved but Mormons aren't. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll tell you what is bankrupt and worthless. Many different theologies all being true. That's what's bankrupt and worthless. ;)
Your posts EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let's see all the problems with this fallacious post:

1) This is the MORMONISM forum, and neither Bonnie nor I are Mormons. But since Mormons can't defend their bankrupt theology, they have to constantly resort to trying to attack Christians.

2) I guess you are unaware that "law", "righteousness", "grace", and "debt" are all DIFFERENT terms, so I'm not sure how or why you are trying to put those assertions together.

3) You provided ZERO context for each of those statements, and provided no links to enable people to (1) actually READ them in CONTEXT, or (2) even confirm that they are accurate quotes. This is a clear breach of CARM rules.

So did you want to actually discuss MORMONISM, or do you want to keep running away from it because you know it's bankrupt and worthless?

Which is it Theo1689. Are there basically 2 types of works as Bonnie said or does Paul not split up different kinds of "works" into "works of grace", and "works of debt.

Which is it Theo1689. Are there basically 2 types of works as Bonnie said or does Paul not split up different kinds of "works" into "works of grace", and "works of debt.

1) I'm not Mormon, and this forum is not for discussing or attacking my beliefs. If you have some sort of criticism to bring up, take it to the appropriate forum.

2) No context was given for either quote, and no link to a post. So that post was an infraction of CARM rules. It is fallacious to demand someone speak about a "quote" when you refuse to make the CONTEXT available.

3) "works", just like any other category, can be broken down into "two types", or "three types", or "four types", or however many "types" you feel like.

There are "two types of people", male and female.
There are "two types of people", young and old.
There are "two types of people", bond and free.
There are "two types of people", rich and poor.
Etc.
Etc.

So simply asking if there are "two types of works", is vague and ambiguous.

4) If you think there are "two types of works" in a MORMON context (this is the MORMONISM forum, after all), I'll let YOU speak on that. After all, if I try to do so, you'll simply accuse me of misrepresenting your doctrine, and I SURELY don't want to do that...

5) If you wish for Bonnie to elaborate on her quote, you can go to the POST where she allegedly made it, and ask her for clarification. And she can decide whether or not to respond.

6) If you wish for me to elaborate on my alleged quote, you can go to the POST where I allegedly made it, and ask me for clarification. And I can decide whether or not to respond.

Have a nice day!

Works in Paul's writings are made up of 2 kinds--good works and works of the Law. Neither saves us, and both are under the umbrella of the general term "works."

1) I'm not Mormon, and this forum is not for discussing or attacking my beliefs. If you have some sort of criticism to bring up, take it to the appropriate forum.

2) No context was given for either quote, and no link to a post. So that post was an infraction of CARM rules. It is fallacious to demand someone speak about a "quote" when you refuse to make the CONTEXT available.

3) "works", just like any other category, can be broken down into "two types", or "three types", or "four types", or however many "types" you feel like.

There are "two types of people", male and female.
There are "two types of people", young and old.
There are "two types of people", bond and free.
There are "two types of people", rich and poor.
Etc.
Etc.

So simply asking if there are "two types of works", is vague and ambiguous.

4) If you think there are "two types of works" in a MORMON context (this is the MORMONISM forum, after all), I'll let YOU speak on that. After all, if I try to do so, you'll simply accuse me of misrepresenting your doctrine, and I SURELY don't want to do that...

5) If you wish for Bonnie to elaborate on her quote, you can go to the POST where she allegedly made it, and ask her for clarification. And she can decide whether or not to respond.

6) If you wish for me to elaborate on my alleged quote, you can go to the POST where I allegedly made it, and ask me for clarification. And I can decide whether or not to respond.

Have a nice day!
You know this is just a feeble attempt to get us to start arguing with each other, don't you? :) So the other poster is off the hook?

You know this is just a feeble attempt to get us to start arguing with each other, don't you? :) So the other poster is off the hook?

The name of this passive-aggressive "Mormo-game" is "Lets you and him fight". You nailed it, Bonnie; all I did is name it.

The term comes from the book, Games People Play. You can get more data here
www.ericberne.com/games-people-play/lets-you-and-him-fight/

I remember reading it when it first came out, and I found it fascinating.

The name of this passive-aggressive "Mormo-game" is "Lets you and him fight". You nailed it, Bonnie; all I did is name it.

The term comes from the book, Games People Play. You can get more data here
www.ericberne.com/games-people-play/lets-you-and-him-fight/

I remember reading it when it first came out, and I found it fascinating.
It is rather obvious, isn't it? I have seen Mormons on here try to set Theo and me against each other, because of differences in a few peripheral beliefs between our two churches--beliefs that are not necessary for salvation--by pointing out to both of us that our churches disagree with each other in a few areas. Neither of us has ever taken the bait. In fact, we have both avered that we are brother and sister in Christ Jesus.

This pitting Theo and me against each other is also a diversionary tactic. Old hat. Yawn.

Last edited:
That's a Jimi Hendrix reference not one from Star Wars.

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

Because Mormons are incapable of answering questions.
They lose 10 I.Q. points for each month they continue being Mormon...
Oh man, That explains everything. A few years of being a Mormon and your brain dead. Get out as soon as you can is my best advice.

"Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light" Bruce Lee
Bruce is covering a Jimi Hendrix Song, I've seen the video. Right after that lyric... he doesn't hand chopping motions and that's out a few karate yells.

They do? It must be a case of intense cultic brainwashing like Trump supporters thinking that the Democrats stole the election. ROFLOL
Well the states that are investigating this are finding it to be factual... So you may want to rephrase this ridiculous statement. Further this is the Mormon forum. Not the political forum.

Actually, Mormons don't officially hold a position on the matter.

A friend of mine, who used to participate here years ago, continues a ministry evangelizing Mormons in SLC.

He made a video asking Mormons, "Did Heavenly Father ever sin during his mortal probation?"

He got different answers.
Some believed that HF was a like Jesus, and was a sinless Saviour on his original planet.
Others believe that HF may have sinned, and makes them feel better that even though they are sinners, they can still become gods themselves.

I think some of these people do not understand their own doctrine.

So? Theo explained what he meant. So did I. We are both entitled to our opinions.

Now, back to the discussion, shall we?

Theo1689 dodged the question. The question at hand is whether the Apostle Paul differentiates between works of grace and works of debt. Yes or no?

Theo1689 dodged the question. The question at hand is whether the Apostle Paul differentiates between works of grace and works of debt. Yes or no?

Nope.
Paul NEVER taught about "works of grace".
He always CONTRASTED "works" and "grace":

Rom. 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

2Tim. 1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

It is rather obvious, isn't it? I have seen Mormons on here try to set Theo and me against each other, because of differences in a few peripheral beliefs between out two churches--beliefs that are not necessary for salvation--by pointing out to both of us that our churches disagree with each other in a few areas. Neither of us has ever taken the bait. In fact, we have both avered that we are brother and sister in Christ Jesus. This pitting Theo and me against each other is also a diversionary tactic. Old hat. Yawn.

“In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity.” Where is the scriptural support for this? Let me save you time and effort. There is none. Your welcome.

Back