Covenantbreakers

i believe I did. Those who are waking in the light have salvation.
With all due respect I don’t think you did answer dberrie2020. He asked you to reconcile the doctrine of eternal security with John 15:10 and John 14:21-24.

John 1:6-7

6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

How did Jesus demonstrate how to walk in the light to his disciples?

Those who are waking in the light have salvation.

Could that be because God applies His Blood to those who walk in His Light?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

That's out of context and refutes Mormonism.

Acts 2: 28-39
37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The promise is unto "as many as the Lord our God shall call" and it says nothing about the necessity of the laying on of anyone's hands.
That's a stretch. It also says nothing about not laying on of anyone's hands. You're reading into it what you want.

Mesenja said: The Apostle Peter also made it clear that baptism is a commandment for all people:“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38

That's out of context and refutes Mormonism.

Please do explain for us how the command to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins-- refutes "Mormonism"? That's exactly what one will find being taught in the LDS church.

Please do explain for us how the command to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins-- refutes "Mormonism"? That's exactly what one will find being taught in the LDS church.
I'd. like for her to also explain how I took this verse out of context.

I believe I did. Those who are waking in the light have salvation.
Do you even have a clue? a person walking in darkness needs to repent. A person being saved is following the Shepherd instead of walking in darkness!

1 John 2:1–11

Christ Our Advocate

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

The New Commandment

7 Beloved, I am writing you ino new commandment, but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard. 8 At the same time, it is la new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. 9 Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Last edited:
Yes I cannot comprehend how a post directed to me was actually your way of making a comment to someone else.

I explained it. I am not obliged to answer according to your wishes. However, I did answer your question. That you did not like it is your issue, not mine.

Therefore, kvetching about what I posted will not get me to answer differently.

I explained it. I am not obliged to answer according to your wishes. However, I did answer your question. That you did not like it is your issue, not mine.

Therefore, kvetching about what I posted will not get me to answer differently.
🙄 🤔

With all due respect I don’t think you did answer dberrie2020. He asked you to reconcile the doctrine of eternal security with John 15:10 and John 14:21-24.

John 1:6-7

6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

How did Jesus demonstrate how to walk in the light to his disciples?

I'll answer my own question that I posed to you.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning so that you should walk in it.

I wasn't aware that "eternal security" was a Mormon doctrine.

Or have you forgotten that this is the "Mormonism" forum?

But as usual, Mormons know that Mormonism is bankrupt and indefensible, which is why they don't even TRY to defend it (they can't), and so instead, they simply attack the beliefs of any critic who rejects Mormonism.

I wasn't aware that "eternal security" was a Mormon doctrine.

Or have you forgotten that this is the "Mormonism" forum?

But as usual, Mormons know that Mormonism is bankrupt and indefensible, which is why they don't even TRY to defend it (they can't), and so instead, they simply attack the beliefs of any critic who rejects Mormonism.

Why do we need to try? When sharing our beliefs we just point to the LDS scriptures and leave it to the Holy Ghost... hmm

Why do we need to try? When sharing our beliefs we just point to the LDS scriptures and leave it to the Holy Ghost... hmm

Um, because this is an apologetics discussion forum, and not an LDS chapel?
But if you want to admit that Mormonism is indefensible and bankrupt, it's all good...
🤣 🤣 🤣

Um, because this is an apologetics discussion forum, and not an LDS chapel?
But if you want to admit that Mormonism is indefensible and bankrupt, it's all good...
🤣 🤣 🤣
But it works, who but God has all truths. Ask man and you get a man's answer, ask God and you get Truth... I don't need a Chapel to do honest research, and when asked how I came to my conclusions... well, do your own study and then ask God.

Back