"Covid Takes Another Bite Out of US Life Expectancy" Common corpse maths.

As others have already pointed out, Nouveau's claim is nonsensical, so there is no need to post a rebuttal.

This seems to be a good thread to post an update of US life expectancy for the past few years:

78.9 years - 2014
78.8 years - 2015 DOWN 0.1
78.7 years - 2016 DOWN 0.1
78.6 years - 2017 DOWN 0.1
78.7 years - 2018 UP 0.1
78.9 years - 2019 UP 0.2
77.0 years - 2020 DOWN 1.9
76.6 years - 2021 DOWN 0.4

Life expectancy for 2021 is actually more than half a year higher than I thought it would be. Most seniors have now been vaccinated, so it is mostly younger anti-vaxxers who have been dying from COVID. I expected US life expectancy to fall below 76 years in 2021.
Uneducated left out the fact that the average age of death from Whuhan fru is higher than that.

No H.S. Maths?

COVID death is 83.8 in Canada the average life expectancy is 76.5,

Have some H.S. kid explain how a mean can be skewed.

Last edited:
I expect that number is down significantly in 2021 because of the drastic measures aimed particularly young people that have drastically increased the suicide rate. I expect there's relatively few people who are dying at age 76.6.
I was looking thru your threads. And some Insurance people were shocked about high death rates in the 50-60 year old groups.

I expect that number is down significantly in 2021 because of the drastic measures aimed particularly young people that have drastically increased the suicide rate. I expect there's relatively few people who are dying at age 76.6.
Here is a cause

Thrombosis death rates from clot shots
Drug OD death rates up 100%

The average age of a COVID death is 83.8 in Canada the average life expectancy is 76.5,the U.K. is 82.4/81.5 and the U.S. is 80.5/77.8.

Figgers lie and liars figger

Please , local maths wizards, explain how this average life expectancy from covid deaths skews the data downward. Thanks in advance for showing your work.
Dude. Please learn how average life expectancy is calculated. Because right now you look like an ignorant buffoon. And you wonder why no one takes your education claims seriously.

Dude. Please learn how average life expectancy is calculated. Because right now you look like an ignorant buffoon. And you wonder why no one takes your education claims seriously.
You didn't understand the line.

I know how it is calculated.

Why don't you?

I have access to actuaries and know how they develop their tables and do their state filings. You don't know what actuaries do.

Here is a cause

Thrombosis death rates from clot shots
Drug OD death rates up 100%
Thanks for reminding me of that issue.

You didn't understand the line.

I know how it is calculated.

Why don't you?

I have access to actuaries and know how they develop their tables and do their state filings. You don't know what actuaries do.
It doesn't matter what you have access to, you don't understand how a simple mean is calculated. Your doubling down on this nonsense is hilarious. Not unexpected, but still hilarious.

So it sounds a little bit like getting Covid could extend your life… maybe we've been wrong about Covid all along. Perhaps Covid is just "misunderstood."
I am actually disappointed to see you joining in this idiocy. You shouldn't exploit the innumeracy of the OP to make cheap political shots. It just shows what con artists the right are, willing to jump on any band wagon even if, as in this case, it has no wheels at all.

I am actually disappointed to see you joining in this idiocy. You shouldn't exploit the innumeracy of the OP to make cheap political shots. It just shows what con artists the right are, willing to jump on any band wagon even if, as in this case, it has no wheels at all.
Well thats your opinion again. Do you have any specific reason(s) for that? Do you agree with Reepicheep's analysis for example?

The average age of a COVID death is 83.8 in Canada the average life expectancy is 76.5,the U.K. is 82.4/81.5 and the U.S. is 80.5/77.8.

Figgers lie and liars figger

Please , local maths wizards, explain how this average life expectancy from covid deaths skews the data downward. Thanks in advance for showing your work.

No wonder you always run away when I ask you a math question, you don't even understand averages!

Lol...this has to be one of the funniest things I've seen here in years. Eyebeams level funny!

I am actually disappointed to see you joining in this idiocy.
You're just upset because you have a lemon where most people have a sense of humor.
You shouldn't exploit the innumeracy of the OP to make cheap political shots.
You take this way too seriously.
It just shows what con artists the right are, willing to jump on any band wagon even if, as in this case, it has no wheels at all.
You need to learn how to smile before you turn around and your life is all over.

You're just upset because you have a lemon where most people have a sense of humor.

You take this way too seriously.

You need to learn how to smile before you turn around and your life is all over.
I am laughing at the OP. You are encouraging him. That is bordering on cruel. Would you treat a child that way?

The average age of a COVID death is 83.8 in Canada the average life expectancy is 76.5

Please , local maths wizards, explain how this average life expectancy from covid deaths skews the data downward.

The Duchy of Grand Fenwick, a tiny European nation encompassing 15 square miles in the Austrian Alps, is the smallest country in the world. A constitutional monarchy, Grand Fenwick has prospered under the rule of King Reepicheep IV who, at age 109, credits his long life to the avoidance of exercise and drinking a case of Newcastle Brown Ale every morning for breakfast.

During 2019, prior to COVID, five Fenwickians died, with an average age at death of (75 + 75 + 75 + 75 + 100)/5 = 80 years

Alas, in 2020 there was an outbreak of COVID in Grand Fenwick, with 7 recorded deaths total. 2 of the deaths, marked in red in the following analysis, were from COVID, the remaining 5 deaths were from other causes.

During 2020, seven Fenwickians died, with an average at death of (75 + 75 + 75 + 75 + 81 + 82 + 90)/7 = 79 years

Summarizing the above:

80 years - 2019 life expectancy
79 years - 2020 life expectancy
86 years - 2020 life expectancy for those dying of COVID

Back