Creation was completed in six days

Creation was completed in six days. The Bible tells me so.

The theory of evolution is a claim that Creation was never completed at all but is still ongoing. How can this be?

Thus the heavens and the earth and all their array were completed. 2 On the seventh day God completed the work he had been doing; he rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken. 3 God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation. - Genesis 2:1-3

Triple confirmation that God’s work was ended, finished and completed is found in Genesis chapter 2 and verses 1, 2 and 3. God rested on the seventh day. If theistic evolution were true, then God would not be resting even now but would still be creating.

God sustains His Creation through Providence.

Now, there was a time when Almighty God re-arranged His Creation. He did it with a deluge or flood of water and accompanying earthquakes, volcanoes and tectonic shifts in the earth where continents moved and mountains were formed. There is a reminder of that much later in the Bible in the Second Epistle of Peter.

"...the world that then existed was destroyed, deluged with water" (2 Peter 3:6)

rossum

The theory of evolution is a claim that Creation was never completed at all but is still ongoing. How can this be?

Thus the heavens and the earth and all their array were completed. 2 On the seventh day God completed the work he had been doing; he rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken. 3 God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work he had done in creation. - Genesis 2:1-3

Triple confirmation that God’s work was ended, finished and completed is found in Genesis chapter 2 and verses 1, 2 and 3. God rested on the seventh day. If theistic evolution were true, then God would not be resting even now but would still be creating.
Where is the evening of the seventh day? There is a morning -- Genesis 1:31 -- but there is no mention of an evening for the seventh day.

Gus Bovona

. . . .

You misunderstand what the theory of evolution says. It only talks about how changes happen over time **after** everything is already here and created. Evolution doesn't say that things get created, only that they change; very, very gradually.

rossum

Now, there was a time when Almighty God re-arranged His Creation. He did it with a deluge or flood of water and accompanying earthquakes, volcanoes and tectonic shifts in the earth where continents moved and mountains were formed. There is a reminder of that much later in the Bible in the Second Epistle of Peter.

"...the world that then existed was destroyed, deluged with water" (2 Peter 3:6)
The Bible says "destroyed", not "rearranged". If you want to interpret the Bible literally then the planet was "destroyed". We know from Genesis 12:1 that God has no problem transporting Abram from his original planet (eretz) to a new planet (eretz). That means with the original earth destroyed the Ark was a spaceship.

That also accounts for the complete absence of geological evidence for a recent worldwide flood on this planet; all the evidence was on the destroyed planet.

Interpreting the Bible too literally can get you to some strange places, as well as new planets.

Where is the evening of the seventh day? There is a morning -- Genesis 1:31 -- but there is no mention of an evening for the seventh day.
Good point! @rossum, it is great to see that you are an observant Bible student.

I don't have an answer for that question yet. But, I'm looking for one. :)

Whateverman

The theory of evolution is a claim that Creation was never completed at all but is still ongoing.
That's just wrong, according to Christian doctrine and common sense.

If Creation isn't allowed to change at all (which is what you're implying), then nothing can happen in it. No one can move or think, children can't grow and eventually come to Jesus, the Gospel can't be spread, etc. Your God didn't intend to create something that could never change, and we CLEARLY know this since He created time - the substrate over which change occurs.

J regia

But those changes have occurred over millions of years and explain why there are six distinct bio-geographical zones with their own range of flora and fauna which evolved there.

And the bible says that the flood which drowned most of Noah's family and their animals was only 15 cubits high and had no effect on an olive tree growing outside the flooded area, nor on two of Noah's brothers (Jabal and Jubal) and their families since they were living outside the flooded area (Gen 4:20-21).

J regia

That's just wrong, according to Christian doctrine and common sense.

If Creation isn't allowed to change at all (which is what you're implying), then nothing can happen in it. No one can move or think, children can't grow and eventually come to Jesus, the Gospel can't be spread, etc. Your God didn't intend to create something that could never change, and we CLEARLY know this since He created time - the substrate over which change occurs.
And if we were descended from only one person then we would all look like identical twins with the same blood group etc.

Authentic Nouveau

The evo story klan has no observations to back their speculations.

Mr Laurier

Creation is an ongoing thing, ask any child with a box of crayons

No it isn't. The theory of evolution is the sum total of all the facts we have about evolution, and all the testable predictions we can extrapolate from those facts.

Resortingeth to yea faux jacobeaneth, helpeth yea naught.

Thats nice. Triple confirmation that Harry Potter defeated Voldemort is found in The Deathly Hallows.

Cisco Qid

Good point! @rossum, it is great to see that you are an observant Bible student.

I don't have an answer for that question yet. But, I'm looking for one. :)
Some believe that we are still in the seventh day (a days is as a thousand years) and that God has still not rested and that believers will enter that rest with Him.

Some believe that we are still in the seventh day (a days is as a thousand years) and that God has still not rested and that believers will enter that rest with Him.
I've seen evidence myself of some lay people saying that the Seventh Day of the Creation Week is still continuing. God is still resting from Creation but still intervening via Providence. However, I have only one source for this and I like to have more than one.

Newspapers and journalists have also invoked standards where they like to have more than one source before they report a fact.

Harry Potter defeated Voldemort is found in The Deathly Hallows.
Harry Potter is imaginary.

It will be real when Jesus Christ returns and the time of Judgment arrives.

Here is the gospel according to the angel in Revelation 14:7

"Fear God and give him glory, for his time has come to sit in judgment. Worship him who made heaven and earth and sea and springs of water.”

As long as we live and until Jesus returns, we still have opportunity to worship the Creator.

Ground water is another blessing of Creation and Providence. Many depend upon it. How did the 100+ year supplies of ground water get there under so many residences and farms? I have searched for that answer.

Gus Bovona

. . . .
Ground water is another blessing of Creation and Providence. Many depend upon it. How did the 100+ year supplies of ground water get there under so many residences and farms? I have searched for that answer.
Not knowing how ground water got there isn't a reason to think it was put there by some god.

Authentic Nouveau

Harry Potter is imaginary.

It will be real when Jesus Christ returns and the time of Judgment arrives.

Here is the gospel according to the angel in Revelation 14:7

"Fear God and give him glory, for his time has come to sit in judgment. Worship him who made heaven and earth and sea and springs of water.”

As long as we live and until Jesus returns, we still have opportunity to worship the Creator.

How did the water get there?

Water is heavier than oil. The Obama oil spill was in an area 4,000 feet deep ocean. The rig had drilled a 35,000 TD well before the one that exploded. How did oil get placed under the ocean and under 30,000' of rock with a 100' pay zone? The best oil finding geophysicist in our oil producing region is a young earth spirit filled Christian.

100' of oil producing sand stone under 30,000' of rock under 4,000' of ocean.